Galaxy have massive problems.

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Delta Blues, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    Top to bottom their roster is expansion quality. A few decent pros like Marshall, Jazic and Albright with an alleged star in LD. The rest are journeymen at best. What good is Beckham going to do with no one to cross to? Jaqua had better improve immensely or the Galaxy will have the honor of having the highest payroll in MLS, while watching the playoffs at home. If LD continues to defer to everyone else on the roster and go into a scrotum tuck instead of taking a shot on goal the team is in trouble. I actually used to like the Galaxy and realize their success would be great for MLS, but their continued suckitude and ass plowing mods on this forum have made me a Galaxitive hater. I think I'm going to have a fun season. They suck.

2. thespian89

thespian89 Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Says a person who supports Chivas USA. You guys have a Starting XI and the quality takes quite a drop from there. Anyway, I'll say it. The Galaxy just didn't seem to care about winning. We had some moments but the play seemed very lethargic to me. The same happened on Sunday. Cochrane was sent off, and we sat back. Today, we basically sat back the whole game and weren't agressive. I'm not too happy with tonight's game. I just sat through that on a cold Thusday night in Carson.:mad:

3. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Sounds better to me than a Starting IV and then the quality drops from there.

4. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    I only support Goat Light because of how I was treated by Galaxitive fans and mods for daring to be slightly positive of Chivas after Chivas beat the Galaxy last season. I withheld several of the PM's I received from complete asshats yet they submitted my responses to them to the assplowing mods. I now wish dismal, embarrassing failure on that team, despite two of my best BS friends being fans.

The point remains though, LA is really thin on their roster. I doubt Beckham will make a difference this season. (On the field)

5. SidFarkus

SidFarkus New Member

Jan 11, 2007
    New Jersey

There's no doubt that they are pretty thin... but considering all the set pieces LA had tonight, you have to say that Beckham would have made more out of them then LD did...

6. Outwide

Outwide Red Card

Apr 13, 2007
    Texas
    The 4-3-3 is the root of the Galaxy's problems...

7. Michael CM1

Michael CM1 New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Atlanta, Georgia: US
    "Alleged star." If that doesn't dismiss the whole point of the argument, I'll never know what does. Have you not paid attention to what happens to LA when Landon is gone? He doesn't take every shot on goal because, aside from the fact that nobody in this country seems to, he's a #10 player. If LA used the United-style 3-5-2, Landon would fit in nicely in Christian Gomez's role. Alas, he's been thrown between midfield and forward for most of his career.

Only someone who resorts to rooting for the Goats because "oh boo hoo, some fans didn't like me" could make such a statement. Do you know how many pathetic, worthless fans my alma mater's football team has? Millions. Doesn't stop me from rooting for the team.

8. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, the Galaxy looked like cheese made from milk from Borat's mom's tit tonight...

I saw no creativity from them, just lobbing mediocre crosses into box with no one to make a play on them. This reminds exactly why I stopped liking the Galaxy a while ago. Those bastards are going to crash and burn MLS's rep as the world watches when Beckham joins...

9. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

what he said

seriously, who are some of these stiffs they trotted out there today?? I hadn't heard of at least 3 of them and I follow the league pretty close...

10. MightyMouse

MightyMouse BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 19, 2003
    Island paradise east of the mainland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is precisely what I told my Irish mates that were watching the Galaxy when they came down to Puerto Rico. They asked me about who to watch for on the team and I said, "well, Bex is not there yet, you have Landon Donovan, you have two fringe USNT players in Jaqua and Albright, and then the retiring Cobi Jones. The rest of the team is an enigma, no clue who they are. It is a bad situation for the Galaxy to be bringing in Beckham so late to a team who doesn't look like its going to get jack done during the season. The unknown talent doesn't even look promising. If this is whats being offered to the public at the HDC for a packed house, its BAD!

11. midwestsurfer

midwestsurfer New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Honolulu~Tulsa
    Ya. Wasn't a good day to even be a fringe galaxy fan.

I don't think anyone throught the Super Hoops defense would shut LA down like that.

12. olephill2

olephill2 Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you guys are seriously overreacting. Maybe I'm crazy, but I didn't think the Galaxy looked too bad tonight. They dominated possession and they were attacking for most of the game. Robbie Findley missed two virtual sitters (the point blank header and the shot he shanked with the outside of his right foot--both expected from a rookie forward in his 2nd game). If one of those goes in, we're looking at a tie game and almost none of you are complaining.

Nate Jaqua got berated by Eric Wynalda and hasn't been received well on here for his game last night, but I thought he was solid. The service into the box was very marginal at best, and Landon Donovan's service off of free kicks were lousy and inconsistent. I thought Jaqua demonstrated good footwork, good movement off and on the ball, and he even got his head on a few balls. He also demonstrated tonight as he did for parts of last season that he's capable of playing out on the wing and delivering crosses while being able to sneak into the box.

Robbie Findley looks like he could be a terror in this league in a few years if he continues to develop. Right now, he's at least as good as a guy like Jamil Walker (your token speed forward). Findley has lightning pace and his goal tonight showed that he can get in the air and finish off with a header. He also showed that he has decent footwork, and his ball skills will only improve with time. I'm very excited about his potential!

Kyle Martino looked like a changed man tonight! Wow! He played like he actually cared tonight, and aside from perhaps Ramon Nunez, Martino was my Man of the Match. Very active all night, showed a great workrate, and good ball skills, as well as a willingness to try to get teammates involved. He had a nice flick to Landon which should've resulted in a goal at one point in the match. I was about ready to write Martino off after last season, but tonight changed my mind. He may yet become a good player in this league.

Galaxy fans shouldn't panic. I think the tools are in place, and once you add a certain English player in the summer who is actually capable of delivering spot-on free kicks and dead balls, I think the Galaxy's scoring rate will increase noticeably, with Jaqua being the primary beneficiary.

13. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't you worry...LD will lead this team to..............

(who knows at this point)

It was only one game.....but for all his talk, the guy dissapears and mixes good games with bad at an alarming rate, especially looking at it as a USMNT fan...

14. RedBulls

RedBulls New Member

Feb 19, 2007
    overall LA outplayed Hoops, but Hoops was able to finish (Cooper goal), and got lucky with a handball penalty (Ruiz)...but still, LA could not finish, and fell apart at the end of the first half

15. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    Why do soccer fans do this?

ONE decent (not even especially great) match and all of a sudden you change your mind.

Red Bull fans did the same thing last year when Buddle scored 2 or 3 goals in a match. "He's back" "He's finding his form" "He just need time to get ised to playing with the club".

Take another look man. Kyle Martino is NOT a good player. He is ok at best. He's been in the league four or five years now. Take a peek at his body of work. Does he score? Nah. Does he provide assits? Nah. Does he play good defensive mid? Nope. Does the play run well through him. Negative. Whats his thing? What does he do? Arn't you tired of the "theres alot of talent rolled up into the 144lb frame" line? Its so tired. Eventually you have to produce something. Find a niche'. Become useful. He clearly hasn't.

It's all undelivered promise. Much like the litny of Galaxy crosses I was watching last night actually.

PS:Toronto will find out the same thing about a lazy Edson this season.

16. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    The problem with the Galaxy is the same problem the Rapids had last year. They had no defense. The Rapids had to trade Cannon to get the cap room to bring in some quality defenders. Bouna makes 30k a year and with a good defense in front of him, he will be perceived as an excellent goalkeeper. Cannon cannot be expected to compensate for a lack of defense.

17. Section106

Section106 Member

May 1, 2003
    Hampton,VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The problem with the Galaxy is that they have no leadership. Landon demands that every attack go through him. Becks is going to change the dynamic for the better, I'm sure, but his influence will come too late for LA this year. But the Galaxy live and die by LD. If he's on then its great for them. If he's not then forget it.

When Ruiz converted the penalty I said to my wife, "the Galaxy are going to start playing thug ball," and they did. After the first goal they lost focus and composure and started fouling, some were pretty bad. I thought Martino had at least three yellow card offenses. Harmes should've been sent off but Vaughn doesn't know that a tackle from behind is a foul. And that's a problem because up until the PK they had all the possession and thrust in the match. Had they been able to continue to play their game an equalizer would've been had in the first and the foul that lead to the second goal probably wouldn't have happened.

18. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wha-wha-what????? Are you sure we're talking about the same team?

The only person that seems to be involved in every attack is Albright.

19. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You clearly didn't see Marshall's performance last night - embarrassing to say the least.

20. arsynic

arsynic Red Card

Jan 2, 2007
    Santa Barbara
    calling this an overreaction would be an understatement. dallas got a lucky PK and a nice set piece finish, otherwise were pretty dominated. galaxy could have easily tied the game. not to say they played great, but come on give hope achance

21. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can I say, that I really enjoyed watching Joe Cannon pick balls out of the back of his net? I mean, I loved the guy when he was in SJ, but now he's the enemy, and it felt like karma that when he went to the dark side, he paid the price.

I also enjoyed for a second watching Ruiz roll around wasting time at the end of the game, given how many times he did that while he was on the Galaxy.

Sigh -- with no team of my own to support, all I can do is hate LA. ;)

22. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a Rapids fan I enjoy seeing the Galaxy sputter. While not as vengeful as the thread starter, I do agree that LA has some issues. However, I think as the season warms up they'll hit their stride. Defense ahead of Cannon is an issue. Last night they were unlucky not to finish some of their chances.

23. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    This is a real question.....Who's responsability is to have players coordinated for a tactical offensive game....?

I ask this question because I saw the galaxy last night using a defence crowded center of the field over and over and over ...I saw players trying to break the defensive line by themselves .....Galaxy do not need Beckham...Galaxy need a real coach.....

24. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

All I can say is that if Findley knew what a net looks like and where one could find it, LA gets all three points. And that's even with the goal last night, because he had a handful of chances my goldfish could've buried.

25. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I just found this on some website... ;)