Galaxy Couldn't handle the heat. 3 game road trip analysis and breakdown with MLS expert Sophie Nico

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Chris Maldonado, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Chris Maldonado

Chris Maldonado New Member

la galaxy
    United States
    May 6, 2021
  2. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    #2 El Futbolisimo, Jul 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    What the hell? This has got to be your best show ever Maldonado. Every point was spot, spot, spot ON!!!

I had a small crowd watching this by the time it was over. Your guests Sophie and Matt were excellent to brilliant. Dude.... keep it up!

And yes, the loss of these 8 points is going to come back and bite us in the ass in the end.

MPNumber9 and TrickHog repped this.
  3. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, great points, agreed. The podcast touched on a point I didn't see discussed here too much (although I possibly just missed it) which was Williams' rustiness since his return. Everyone on the show was vehement that Williams has been individually very bad during this away stretch. They also talk a lot about Vanney getting his team up for these games. Good stuff. Also worth going back to the show about Vancouver, which breaks down Cabral's performances and compares him to both DPs and young DPs across the league.

El Futbolisimo and TrickHog repped this.
  4. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Williams was very bad in the first 20-25 minutes vs RSL (mainly poor positioning and failure to close down space) and improved a lot in the 2nd half. IIRC he was shaky vs Dallas as well. I think it will just take him time to get back into form. Or at least I hope that is what happens. I thought he looked good before the suspension but that was a small sample size.

However for some non-obvious reason(s) our defense allows more goals than would be expected based on the talent of the players. So I don’t pretend to have a handle on exactly what is going on. With Skjbtdkk, Feltscher, Kitchen, Bingham and sometimes even Cole it was easy to spot the mistakes - they were usually glaring. However this year we look pretty solid for long stretches and then just have momentary small lapses and suddenly we’ve given up 2 goals. I think once our cb pairing settles down and everyone gets used to playing together it should get a lot better.

The Cadaver, El Futbolisimo and TrickHog repped this.