Galaxy @ Chicago Aug 13th

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Amigos F.C., Jul 14, 2005.

1. Amigos F.C.

Amigos F.C. New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Chicago
    If there are any Galaxy fans that will be going to the Chicago game on Aug 13th we are going to have a decent number of supporters again. If you want info on where we will be seated or anything else, send me a PM.

Any other G's fans going?

-RM

2. cosmojado

cosmojado Member

Oct 18, 2002
    in sin
    I'll be there!

WD

3. The Manwich

The Manwich Member

Sep 28, 2004
    South Gate
    I'll be there also.

4. Amigos F.C.

Amigos F.C. New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Chicago
    Just a bump up. The numbers continue to itch up!

5. Rodneyd444

Rodneyd444 New Member

Aug 28, 2004
    La Habra, CA
    I'll be there as well.

6. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't mean to be a party pooper here, but why the hell would anyone want to travel with this team, for what will almost surely be a loss?

This team barely knows how to win at home and has the sh!ttiest road record of any team in sports ever. Okay I made that last part up, but it may as well be true and it probably is anyway.

Topper

:D :D :D

7. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe in the vain hope that at some point SS2 will do the honorable thing and commit hari kiri on the sidelines.

8. jameseyla

jameseyla Member

Jun 8, 2003
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think about 33 LA Riot Squad members are going. Check our messageboards...

http://www.lariotsquad.net

9. Amigos F.C.

Amigos F.C. New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Chicago
    Jamesey, I'm Random on LARS boards...

Last year we had a half dozen of g's fans come over to our section at half time, i was just posting here to let those homeboyz know.

Either way, for those that are coming outside of our 33 it looks like we will be in section 146 and we got our tickets through Andrew Strengren @ 312-705-7235. You should be able to get some on your own and in our section if you so desire.

10. cosmojado

cosmojado Member

Oct 18, 2002
    in sin
    because we have a game against Section 8 earlier in the day

11. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You don't travel all the way to Chicago thinking of defeat, thats a waste of a trip and its peimistic. But maybe you have a point, that could be what some of the inexperienced players think, "Are we ever going to win away from home?" Then they almost expect defeat and thats why we can't win away.

12. Topper

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, my point is this:

When this coach and team decides to nut up and get a win or two on the road, it will inspire more fans to attend away games.

I've flown to Columbus and Foxboro to see this team lose, and when they show me they can play away from home like Dallas or the Metros, I'll be more willing to hit the road from time to time.

Topper

:D :D :D

13. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was our one road win last season thanks to Kiro's long distance hit-and-hope fluke bomb. :)

14. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That was a good goal, but its amazing how he can score from 60 yards, yet against RSL(away) this season he couldn't score from 6 yards, Kirovskis a weird player.

15. cosmojado

cosmojado Member

Oct 18, 2002
    in sin
    I'm taking SS2's plane ticket from him if LA loses

16. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    fairweather fan :D

17. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Proper die-hard supporter if I've ever seen one. :D

18. Topper

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We can't all be like LARS.

Of course, some of us have wives / girlfriends.

19. rudyirons

rudyirons New Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Long Beach, CA

A good fan supports his or her team win or lose. To certain degree, the score is irrelevant when it comes to supporting your team.

20. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats what a true fan is all about.

21. cleschke

cleschke Member+

Aug 16, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes..........I would certainly pay alot of money to see that.

No really.........I'm serious.

Thats sad isnt it?

22. Amigos F.C.

Amigos F.C. New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Chicago
    I know, i just can't wait to get one of those girls...one of these days.

On topic, looks like we will be over on the camera side now. Looks like we will be in section 155 so look for a decent road showing for those of you that can still watch the team without throwing the tv out the window.

23. cl_hanley

cl_hanley New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa

Ya see...

...this to me is one of the biggest lines of crock in sport's history. Let me take your statements to task for a moment if you don't mind, then you can fire back.

Another way of stating your views are the standard phrases:
    "...through thick and thin..."
    "...win or lose..."
    "...no matter what..."
    "...blah blah blah..."

All of which somehow, magically, correlate into "Good Fan".

Now...let me tell you how else this correlates - it's an acceptance of mediocrity - and can easily lead to apathy. We see it all the time in the sports' world. There are a countless number of teams that have a legion of "Good Fans" who are never going to watch their team do squat because...drumroll...THEY COME TO THE FVCKING GAMES ANYWAY. What on God's Green Earth is motivating the owner(s) to spend more of his Money and/or Effort to make the team better when the fans don't have the temperment to DEMAND better, instead opting to surrender their cash crappy season after crappy season?

Answer: there ain't one.
    RESULT: perpetual losers thriving on apathy.

For myself, I don't see how people cheering teams that are consistently vying for 15th place in the standings and will do so until the sun expands in 20 billion years and chars this rock to a cinder...are necessarily 'Good Fans'. Is demanding that your team improve and deciding not to award perpetual failure and apathy a bad thing? I think it's what a 'Good Fan' should do. Supporting losers for the sake of support seems like a huge disservice to me. Maybe the whole 'romantic' notion of supporting the perpetual underdog or taking pride in consistently not making the cut is a delight everyone should know and cherish, but I wonder if Arsenal / ManU / Real Madrid supporters really feel like there is a hole in their lives? My guess...when confronted by Devoted Fan of Team Mediocrity, they simply pat DFofTM on the head, turn away and ask their buddy, "So what time is our Champion's League game on?"

This Galaxy team isn't right, and it's performing well below the standard I expect from my team. While my team doesn't have to WIN every game, they damn well better leave the field each and every game with nothing left...win or lose. My team MUST have the expectation (and the on-field commitment to boot) to challenge for the league cup every game, every season. Do any of you honestly feel that the Galaxy are displaying anything remotely resembling this attitude?

So, in closing, by all means show your character by supporting this farce we've become all too familiar with. Too bad the Galaxy don't bring any character to their away games to reward your loyalty.

24. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm actually stunned that you got through that whole post without mentioning the Cubs.

Looking forward to seeing you guys Saturday.

25. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently Nate Jaqua may be back for this game. His condition was moved to questionable on Fire's website and he could even take part in their game tonight against the wizards.

Sean has a new website, www.seanharkin.zoomshare.com/
    It is nowhere near finished. It is mainly for people I know that I can't see this summer as they want to know how and what the Galaxy are doing. It has a direct link straight back to this exact forum. I'm trying to upload pictures of me playing soccer at a local youth tournament in my Galaxy Jersey and the video of the bullet I scored in the final, which we lost 4-2, where I am also wearing my Galaxy Jersey.

Do any of you guys have websites that I could look at?