Galaxy 2008 Season Seats On Sale

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Itsakitnotajersey, Aug 29, 2007.

1. canammj

canammj Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    CHINO, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got an email back from my ticket rep. Bill Armistead.. Said no increase in price for renewals.. renewal package should go out in the next week or so. 25% down puts you in line if you want to move location (I do) I was in the south end zone for $490, too close to the players tunnel and all the distractions.. They apparently accomodate renewals who want the same seat first, then move renewal people if there second choice can be accomodated...Guess Alexi was right on the show the other night... call your rep. and you will be surprised.. I am.. Now if we can just do something about $15-20 parking, $8 beers... Now, if the team upgrades, healthy Becks and starts winning again, I don't feel as bad as I was expecting to feel......

2. jimmyodonnell

jimmyodonnell Member

May 1, 2003
    While many are commenting on the price increases, I thought it was worth mentioning that many seats still remain empty for most games. For those who are on the fence about renewing their tix at an increased price, consider buying a lower-priced season ticket and using a well-timed run to sit in the empty seats in the better sections. A LOT of folks used this approach at the Rose Bowl, and we have had very little difficulty inviting friends to sit in empty seats near us at HDC.

There is no guarantee you'll always find good seats, and this isn't suited for groups or bringing your kids along . . . but if you're solo or a pair you might consider buying GA and looking for better seats on a per-game basis.

3. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the suggestion, but keep in mind that the number of empty seats could easily be different next season once Beckham is healthy and playing regularly.

After all, of the three home games he played in after the Chelsea debut, one (the SuperLiga game against DC) he wasn't expected to be ready for as recently as two days before the game, one (the SuperLiga final against Pachuca) the attendance was limited to 12500 because of the contract with the university, and one (the game against Chivas USA) his participation was considered doubtful because of England's friendly the day before.

So people have approached the Galaxy games either knowing he wasn't going to play or doubting he would.

The thing though about the Home Depot Center is that it really is a nice stadium to watch a game in. As the saying goes, "there really isn't a bad seat in the house." As someone earlier mentioned, you can even get a great view of the game while standing on the concourse. So those lower-priced tickets may not be a bad option even once the Beckham-effect fully kicks in and there just aren't that many empty seats.

4. hocho

hocho New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Braintree
    I know its a year old but am thinking these things take time, no?

5. El Paisa

El Paisa New Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Palmdale, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many games are we paying for exactly when we purchase season tickets?? Is it me or were we screwed out of a couple of games this year?

6. jimmyodonnell

jimmyodonnell Member

May 1, 2003
    I think there was a slight screw-job when the Chelsea game cost 2 bonus tix, right? Then, there were no more vouchers / ticket swapping / etc that came with season-tix in the past . . . I think some of that stuff was quietly eliminated after Becks signed?

7. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You do raise a good point. We're supposed to get 20 but they are not promising anything beyond the regular season.The per-ticket price equation changes dramatically depending on how many games you actually get.Next season will almost certainly be a 32 game season so you'll get 16 home games for sure. Then, it's a leap of faith as to how many (and of what quality) the bonus games are.

8. harry callahan

Jul 15, 2007
    Angel City Brigade
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You fella's are in a situation at the present, Galaxy are in turmoil at the moment and you are on a downer, you love them, but dont want to be a mug and lay out the dosh for next years season ticket incase things dont improve. Who knows the answer ,this is what being a fan is all about, if you renew and next year you win the title, you can be smug cos your a Know it all, if you dont and the season is another let down, your a know it all, its whats in the heart, your a G's fan or you aint dont make excuses, thats the deal. YOU ARE OR YOU AINT.

9. El Paisa

El Paisa New Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Palmdale, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is not an argument as to whether we're "fans" or we "ain't", this has to do with the fact that Season Tickets are advertised and sold at a certain price per game, and we're charged the complete total that all the games on our booklets encompass. When we're not given promised games or games that are included in the STH booklets, then we actually end up paying more per game than advertised. This isn't a question of loyalty, it's more a question of morality and good business on the part of the Galaxy organization.

10. jimmyodonnell

jimmyodonnell Member

May 1, 2003
    Word

11. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tried to pin down my rep on a guaranteed number of games included in season tickets and he would not commit to a number.

That kind of stuff bothers me. The terms of the transaction should be fixed before they take our money.

But, whatever...

12. kleebazoid

kleebazoid Member

Dec 25, 2003
    Carlsbad, CA.
    Would you like to split two season tickets? Seven pack available.

I'm renewing my two sideline season tickets. I'd like to sell two tickets to seven games. I'll sell at cost whatever that might be ($630-700). We can contact a sales rep and put payment down directly on our own credit cards and they will mail us the tickets seperately. Let me know.

13. canammj

canammj Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    CHINO, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ===============
    Won't some of this have to do with SJ coming back in the league?
    I think we went down 2 league games from last year.. Will we do up now that SJ is in and league up to 14?

14. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It'll almost certainly be a 32 game league schedule (up from 30 this year) which means 16 home league games instead of 15.

We'll play the east home and away (7 x 2 = 14)
    and the west 3 times each (6 x 3 = 18)

Total 32.

15. canammj

canammj Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    CHINO, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ====================
    I agree that is probably what will happen....
    I would rather see 13x2= 26 regular season , with single table= supporters shield
    ==Then a true league cup to replace MLS cup- why not let the all in and shoot for another cup. You could be having a crap regular season, but make a cup run..one of the great things about cups... MLS cup with 8 teams out of 13 is almost a joke, so why not just rename it MLS LEAGUE CUP- sponsored by " whoever' and let them all in. ,True dream is to include USL1 and USL2 (if they are pro) and have a true proffessional league cup.. Canada and Puerto Rico ok in..
    =
    Then also put MLS into OPEN CUP 1 to 2 rounds earlier, with everyone else, PDL, NPSL , amatueurs etc.
    We need to spread the MLS teams around the country more to spread the soccer word...Especially with our rising list of 'stars'. Lots of possibiliies, but USA only.... Imagine Becks in Rochester sold out PAETEC or Blanco and Chicago in Minnesota or Juan Pablo and NY in Baltimore...
    =
    26 game regular season put more heat/pressure to win on each game-make the regular season matter!!!
    Also frees up space for Superliga, Concacaf CL, world cup qualifiers, selected friendlies etc...and if done right, FIFA competitions..

16. jimmyodonnell

jimmyodonnell Member

May 1, 2003
    I would think the ideal is a 30-game regular season with 16 teams, so you play everyone twice (home, away). Add SJ next year and two more if possible for 2009. I think the expansion plan then closes for a while. So your picture is much like this, except BEFORE expansion rather than AFTER.
    If that's true, then I don't see the point in backing up to 26 only to return to 30 in 2009.

ALSO, based on just about every answer Garber gives when responding to the single-table question, I don't see anything happening to the playoff format except possibly EXPANDING it once we get to 16 teams. It then makes perfect sense to keep the playoffs at 8, but HOW those 8 are chosen could involve wild-card style matchups for 7, 8, 9, and 10 . . . or something similar. He's clear that he likes the playoff format more than single-table, I think it's to keep soccer from being probably the only pro team sport WITHOUT playoffs, I'm guessing the idea is in favor of attracting non-soccer fans with playoff soccer.

17. canammj

canammj Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    CHINO, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ===============================================

I think we can all still have our cake and eat it to

How hard can it be for a single table regular season? Make the regular season mean something and that champion goes to Concacaf and Superliga...Top 4 teams go to Superliga

THEN******

For the American style concept of playoffs, a true league cup. 16 is the perfect number....
    It can be as simple as #16 @ #1, #15 @ #2 etc-- single game or play home and away total goals or away goal rule. would be a max of 8 games if you went all the way.. Gives every team at least 1 home playoff game, which should equal $$$, Winner is our second team to Concacaf, as well as Superliga.

This just seems to simple !!! Everyone gets something and the league cup is not that much bigger than the MLS CUP now...

18. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On prices, heard from my rep today, and they've rolled back the renewal price again. First it was 960, then 880, now it's 780. Good news for the Flapjacks! I think they want to guarantee everyone the same price for renewal as they paid for this year. Just my perspective - don't know what the real deal is for everyone.

What a PR nightmare this has been for them though! They must have really caught some flack for the increases.

19. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is for the sideline corner sections that are now just considered sideline? That's a smart move on their part as well.

Good news.

20. Mrs. FlapJack

Mrs. FlapJack Member

Apr 8, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    YES...We got the call yesterday. They stay $780 if you renewed early last year before they made sideline into one big section. My rep said even if we move, we can have last years price on our existing 4 tix, but number 5 is at the new prices. Catch is that we can't move more centrally in sideline without an increase, since those seats were more expensive when we signed up last year.

It's probably JUST enough to make us renew...and we'll get the 5th ticket in GA since the teenager never sits with us anyhow.

Maybe they actually read that post of Flapjacks about what the FO should do.... I did send it to my rep :)

I am sure it will come back to bite us by getting less games and other things they can't specify right now, but frankly, i just want access to the regular games, a seat with a back, and not have to take out a second mortgage to do it. :p

21. primality

primality New Member

Jun 20, 2007
    The Rose Bowl
    The food, the Team LA Store, the merchandise, the parking, the security, the play on the field, the coaching, and the fitness of the team are issues that have to be dealt with before I consider season tickets at this price.

22. Regal

Regal Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Regarding Team LA Store and its merchandise, if you're not happy, you may want to check out a huge soccer store located on Euclid, right off the 405 Freeway (I believe it's Fountain Valley). I don't know if you've been there, but that shop has everything. I mean everything. It will blow your mind.

23. canammj

canammj Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    CHINO, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Talking to more and more people around the stadium tonight.. Appears if you are renewing - no increase.. If you are new , there is an increase... I guess its one way to try to appease the current holders as result of another lousy year and still make some money on the Becks craze for the bandwagon people..
    I may be summarizing this wrong, but I am ok with the concept. If you have been around , you should get thanked....Take the extra $ from the bandwagon crowd, because who knows, will those people be around once Becks is gone?
    -
    NOW, having said that, they better get to work and get us a better team next year, because, I for one, and probably many others, may not renew and especially if any increases come along...This is going on 3 bad years in a row, (2005was a fluke) To me, the HDC is almost jinxed.. Ever since we moved from the ROSE, we have not played to the level of years past and fitting the stadium we play in now... Things have to change.

24. kiddpg523

kiddpg523 New Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Any chance anyone knows the name of this store? I'm very intrested in checking it out.

EDIT: Is it the Sports Page Soccer Warehouse?

25. amavel

amavel New Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is Sports Page in Fountain Valley (down the street from Costco). Although they do have a very wide selection, they're sometimes a bit too unorganized.

While you're there, though, check out all the autographed memorabilia the owner has. Some of it is priceless.