Galaxy 2008 Season Seats On Sale

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Itsakitnotajersey, Aug 29, 2007.

1. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They never sell out of season tickets, that's complete bs. They are available all year. They never sell any games out until a day or two before the game if they sell out. No need to buy now if you consider all that. I took friends to every game this season and I never had a problem getting their tickets two days before game day at the season ticket price.

2. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess I meant not bad as compared to my very jaded expectations of AEG...

3. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll give you that. I was a Kings STH for 6 years before I just couldn't take the ticket price increases every year regardless of teams production and empty promises.

4. primality

primality New Member

Jun 20, 2007
    The Rose Bowl
    If they get Klinsmann I would consider a good seat. And being the competitor that Beckham is, he will be looking to prove his worth next season.

5. 2ftstomp

2ftstomp New Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    sec 137/138 season ticket prices are TBD.

6. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully the discount is kept.

7. El Paisa

El Paisa New Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Palmdale, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But guys we all got that sweet $2 license plate holder!!

You know there are fans here that whine back and forth concerning giveaways. Somehow it's awful if they don't give anything and awful if they give too much. I for one don't care, give me as much free crap throughout the year. Someone always has to say "Why should you get anything for free, we have to pay for the stadium, Beckham, consider yourself lucky for getting anything, etc" But come on, throw in a scarf or anything worth more than $2 and maybe we will all re-up our tickets.

8. KingsQueen949

KingsQueen949 New Member

Apr 13, 2007
    We've attended Galaxy games for several years now. Always buying one up tickets and going to about 6-8 games a year. This is the first year I bought season tickets - partially because of Beckham, and partially because I didn't want the hassle of paying ridiculously outrageous prices for decent single game tickets in the future.

Even with the crappy season, we've enjoyed our seats and going to the games. It's not like "boreball" where there are so many games and it seems to consume your whole life and all weekends. I love that it's a few games a month, and usually on a weekend evening. Not too big of a commitment.

We've also purchased all the extra game tickets so far. Both Pachuca games were worth it to us!

However, I've been in marketing for 20 years. I've run very large sporting events include the 1996 Paralympic games in Atlanta and an international track and field event at the Olympic Training Center in San Diego. I know in marketing the importance of keeping your customers happy. It is a chore to retain them, but it is VERY important that you do!

I've read from many about how the Galaxy should not screw their loyal fans! I agree 100%. If you think about it, it really doesn't take much. Some "nicer" giveaways would help. Discounts on extra game tickets, better communication and appreciation.

It was apparent to everyone that this season was on a one way track. And be damned of anyone who got in the way of the surging freight train. That includes the pesky season ticket holders.

I don't know what the background is of the people running this joint, but it really can't be ANYONE with any experience or background. Does anyone know of any other local sports team that does a good job with their season ticket holders? If so, what do they do so well? I'm curious. Perhaps we can share what they do with the Galaxy crew!

On a side note, my customized Xavier jersey FINALLY came in today for my son. He was SO excited he had tears in his eyes. Everytime we went to a game he was angry that he couldn't get a jersey other than Beckham and just couldn't understand it. So if anyone sees a skinny little twerp 13 y.o. walking around with a blue xavier jersey, you will know that is him....and he is SO proud!

9. RossUSA

RossUSA New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Anaheim Hills
    Don't forget that awesome media guide!!

10. tk421

tk421 Member

Aug 11, 2007
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great post RossUSA,

I understand its a business, I just wish they had better communication going on. Though most teams have this problem. See LA Lakers boards for everytime they increase prices there.

But they havent handled this season well at all. Hopefully they will get better.

11. Since1996

Since1996 New Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Talking to other STH's at last night's game against RSL I was shocked to hear that the LAG Office of Mismanagement, sometimes referred to as the Front Office, has increased season ticket prices by another 10% to $960 for a sideline seat for the 2008 season.

I accept inflation and I accept that AEG needs to make a profit but what galls me is that they are raising prices in spite of having created such a pathetic product on the field. This price increase shows a complete lack of concern for customer relations.

Here is LAG's record for the last 10 regular MLS season games:

L, 3-2
    W, 2-0
    T, 2-2
    T, 0-0
    L, 1-0
    L, 1-0
    L, 5-4
    L, 3-0
    L, 3-0
    L, 2-1

What is Front Office Mismanagement thinking? It's a bad product but existing STH's are so loyal they don't mind paying more? Or even if STH's do care then we'll just fool them into thinking next season will be better even though we have no plan?

Businesses make mistakes all the time. I don't know many that make mistakes, turn out a substandard product, and then raise prices.

I've been a STH for twelve years in a row. I've accepted price increases as part of life and have always renewed with enthusiasm.

Next year will be different.

12. Vasco

Vasco New Member

Jun 8, 2003
    RIO
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    WOW, put a lousy product on the field and raise ticket prices.

I actually feel for you loyal LA fans.

Management in LA is really taking you guys for granted.

13. shirteesdotnet

Feb 13, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will say this... the lunchboxes are one of the nice hand outs they have given. it would have been nice to have Becks on there... i wonder why they didnt? we are sending one to my wifes nephew in europe so he can be cool, and just sold the other on ebay for $100... just kidding :) im using it for lunch on tuesday!!!!

i used to be a STH for 3 years before we moved to HDC, then started traveling so I never purchased ST again. My wife and I were talking last night at the game about getting ST for next season...i think she is actually having fun :) i even got her to wear my 2001 kit. but,after reading these prices, i dont think shes going to want to do it. i'll have to settle on going to 8 games a year or so like ive been doing.

14. Kurri

Kurri Member

Dec 18, 2006
    i am thinking the exact same...

15. Kurri

Kurri Member

Dec 18, 2006
    I know we are all talking "big" right now about not renewing our seats, but honestly, do you think you will not renew? I love going to the matches, but at 1000 a seat (about that after taxes), I guess my long time being a season ticket holder will end (why spend so much on parking, horrible food and ticket prices for a team that might end up with the worst record in the league)...i'm pretty bummed

16. primality

primality New Member

Jun 20, 2007
    The Rose Bowl
    The food must improve. Wasn't there better quality and variety just a couple of seasons ago? They should also have the credit card machines working at every stand.

17. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The food is more important to you then the team?

The team must improve is more like it...

18. americaforlife

americaforlife New Member

May 24, 2006
    Lost Angels
    i cant belive the balls of F.O.we are dead last and they want us to pay more i say we boycott

19. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I know what you mean. My heart says "renew" but my head says "no". And I'm under no illusions; whether I renew or not doesn't matter to the front office in the least. I'm not the fan that they're going after.

Of course, if my ticket rep called me now I'd have a lot to say about renewing (just kidding Gary, I won't yell at you). I guess "never say never" but I can't see myself renewing this year. Maybe take a year off. Watch them on TV. Go to a few reserve games (and Frank, fill out the damn roster so we actually have a reserve team).

20. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The prices are pretty discouraging. I guess they never read Flapjack's excellent thread and his point about making amends.

I really have no idea what I'm going to do.

21. DogmaticFtbolFanatic

Apr 25, 2005
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I dropped my season seats starting last year. It was difficult to make that choice but I did so based on many of the reasons still floating around today. Things like higher prices every year for food, parking, and tickets. Those items seem to keep getting more expensive. I truly felt I was being squeezed for every dollar they could get and it bummed me out.

I couldn't have known this then but I am very glad I dropped my seats. Given the fiasco last year and this year the amount they were asking is just too much for me. I really thought I may have made a mistake when Beckham signed...but then I started really looking at how much he would play this year and things just didn't add up. I could never have known it would be even worse than I imagined.

Add to these things the fact that AEG/FO are trying to recoup their investment on Beckham in the first year causing a dizzying level of suckitude in the Galaxy and I feel pretty good about my decision. I may come back one day...and honestly hope to do so....but right now I am choosing to speak with my wallet.

And really...I can still attend pretty much any match I like...and it's quite possible to get tickets pretty cheap if you are flexible and willing to wait until the last minute.

22. S.Bones

S.Bones Member

Jan 7, 2002
    Glendora, CA
    Beyond the increase, don't forget the bait and switch they pulled with the ticket exchange program.

Remember that up until this year, you could exchange an unused season ticket for a later match, assuming the match wasn't already sold out. The only date you couldn't do that was July 4. This year, we were only allowed to exchange unused tickets for one match - the Columbus game in June.

I bought a second season ticket this year, specifically counting on being able to miss a match or two early so that my whole family could go later. I didn't imagine I'd be able to exchange them for matches after Beckham got here, but I never dreamed they'd go from all but one game to only one game without telling us in advance.

23. misspjfan

misspjfan New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    Do the season ticket prices go up significantly every year? This is our first year, we live about an hour and a half away and have a 5 and 8 year old so it was the first year we felt like it was manageable. Our kids love soccer and the games have been a lot of fun for us as a family to go to. I was just wondering. I remember when we had 2 San Jose Clash season tickets behind the bench in the second row and paid like $500!!!!:rolleyes:

24. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is quite possibly the most egregious example of the FO sticking to us. Many of us were explicitly told that the ticket exchange program would not change when we put our deposits in.

Then Beckham signs. Then months of vague non-answers to questions about this perk. Then the policy changes significantly. Total Bait and switch. Totally bad business practice.

25. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It (getting individual game tickets) might be a very different story next season if Beckham is healthy. On StubHub (the online ticket resale service) this season, the difference in prices was astounding between games where Beckham was expected to play vs those where he wasn't. Now if the Galaxy continues to be an atrocious team even with him playing, that could change. The novelty could wear off. Instead of a circus, we'll just have a bad joke. Of course a lot of people already think that, at least among those who sound off here at BigSoccer, but that doesn't apply as yet to the circus-going public at large.

I'm not quite sure what to do either. I'm thinking of some ways to hedge my bet, but I'm leaning against renewing my sideline seats. Some of my reasons are not the team's fault, but I'm pretty disgusted, as most of us are, with the decisions of management, which clearly are focused on cashing in on Beckham and not on building a winning team.