Galaxians and Riot Squad combine forces?

Discussion in 'Galaxy Supporters Clubs' started by socluis90, Aug 23, 2006.

1. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I've been to quite a few games over the last 3 years at HDC and I've sat with both supporters groups. I love the creativity of RS and how they get into the game and chant all game and I also love how the Galaxians stand up all game and continue dancing and jumping with drums and so on. (IMO it's funner to sing jump and make noise all game then to just chant but that's just me,) either way I was wondering if for the Sept 30 Chivas game, there is any way we can combine both sets of supporters groups and make on big Galaxy section like we did earlier in the first clasico of the season. The atmosphere at that game was amazing and was by far the best I've ever had at a Galaxy game.

I know the groups have a hard time working together but I think if you take 10 minute turns on who leads the chants or songs you should be ok. I.E LARS goes on with there chants for the first 10 mins of the game while Galaxians use the drum to go along with the hand clapping and so on and then from 11-21 its the Galaxians turn and LARS goes along for whatever Galaxians are doing. Then they take turns and so on.

If there's one thing I loved about the first clasico was how there was a huge section for us and we were all jumping up and down singing ole at the end of the game. The whole section was going crazy and thats what will continue to happen if somehow you can work together. If you can atleast do it for the Chivas games it will make it a much more enjoyable expirience for everyone and I think we all want that. Anyone who was at that game can tell you that was easily the best game ever.

Are yall with me???????????

2. The Manwich

The Manwich Member

Sep 28, 2004
    South Gate
    It won't happen.

3. Koz

Koz New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the thing with that first game vs. Chivas was that it was an away game, which made it so great, because all the Galaxy fans congregated in one small section, and made it really lous. The 0-0 game vs. them just wasn't the same.

But try convincing both groups to join. And good luck. As cool as it would be and sound, both would never agree to join.

4. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cross posting from another thread:

I'm with LARS, but I'm cool with the Galaxians. I don't want to join them, but I'm glad they exist.

I'm also in the minority.

5. galaxycrazy

galaxycrazy New Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Sometimes I think that people have this idea that there is hatred among the Galaxians and LARS, don't think it's really true.

We (Galaxians) have often tried to go along with whatever chants are being sang that we're familiar with, it's happened in San Jose, MLS Cup and the Chivas away game. But some people don't like the drum at all and think our drummer only bangs it, not true he would work on going along with the chants. But there is some other guy that's been around for years that sometimes joins us with HIS own drum that I will admit is totally annoying because of his lack rythm etc.

Maybe each group just needs to give a little and try to join with each other to be successful.

6. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think tolerance for other fellow supporters is what makes a team's fan base stronger. I'm cool being with LARS, though.

7. DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Yes - we should work together more.

At the second away classico of 2006 we were in the same section, but one of the Galaxians drummers kept screwing up LARS chants. It sucked.

At the first away classcio of 2006, LARS and Galaxians were side by side and working together. That was AWESOME!!!

Let's do it again.

8. fantasyexctasy

fantasyexctasy New Member

Apr 28, 2006
    OC
    I hate that evil drum. Why pay to jump around for 90 minutes and bug everyone with that stupid drum? Just go to the Pier and you can do the same thing for free

9. The1galaxian4life

The1galaxian4life New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Panorama City
    Well I apologize if the drum gets to you. However, I love that drum.....It gives players an energy boost and it bugs that crap out of the goalies from the opposing teams. I see that it works and makes them mess up sometimes......It is fun when players of the opposing teams look at us and curses at us because it gets to them. You are welcome to experience it yourself.

I wish that we can work together and see if we can come out with some chants that will rhyme and sound good with the drum......

The1galaxian4life.

10. flava

flava Member

Jun 3, 2005
    It looks like they are combining forces now that the Galaxians are being asked by management to move to 137

11. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A bigger group could do more organized displays. They should really allow flares, even if only for the supporters groups and with high security.
    This kind of stuff is awesome.

12. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    It's happening.

Should be interesting next season

13. 562nation

562nation Member

May 10, 2004
    (562)areacode LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i am honestly shocked by this never thought id see the day :eek:

14. flava

flava Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Its not like both groups will become one. What's going on is that LARS will continue to be in 138 while the Galaxians are being asked to move to 137 by managment as far as I understand. So they'll be by each other. Can't we tolerate our differences and become one? Both teams love the same team. Anyways, preaching to the choir here.

15. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Section 8 in Chicago isn't a supporter's club; it's truly a section where the Fire Ultras, Barnburners, Mike Ditka Street Crew, etc. all share for gameday.

DC United has about 5 groups all together as well.

The Galaxy FO has indicated that the SE corner will be the "Supporters' Section".

The LA Riot Squad and the Galaxians will work together for the good of the Galaxy.

Damn, that sounds like a bad pitch for a sci-fi movie.

tommy mack
    la riot squad
    www.lariotsquad.org

16. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    It's gonna be alot of fun next season for sure. I can't wait for April to come!

17. el cucharon

el cucharon Member

Mar 17, 2003
    friendship village
    Thats great news. Its about time

18. 562nation

562nation Member

May 10, 2004
    (562)areacode LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually im glad they moved the Galaxians to our side, we did great for the Chivas away games last year so i have no issue with it.

19. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    there are 3 groups. Barra and SE are next to each other in a way (3 sections each so end sections touch), LN are across the field in corner.

20. StoneIsland

StoneIsland Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget the 121 Firm. NY fans sure won't.

21. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    bwahahaha. You said 'firm'! Yeah I'm really ********ing scared DC fans... hahaha!

22. flava

flava Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Be nice...Other Americans can also laugh at you for saying "pitch" instead of "field."

23. DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Dear Galaxians,

Welcome to our little corner of the cathedral.

Let's raise some Hell!

24. DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Hey there Galaxians -

Thanks for trying to work with us (LARS) last night. I was standing right behind two of your drummers on the stairs. I know that LARS messed up some of your stuff, and you messed up some of our stuff, but overall we were complementary of each other. We'll get there eventually.

I tried to join you in a few of your chants, but I know very little Spanish so it was practically impossible.

Could one of you print up some song sheets with a rough translation?

That would help us immeasurably.

oh yeah - Chuck Fivas!

Go Galaxy!

25. christopher d

christopher d New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Weehawken, NJ
    Both groups sounded great on TV during both home games. And who knows, maybe the LARS will get some face-time now that the groups are so close together :)