GA Cup 2020

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by kinznk, Oct 11, 2019.

1. focusondev

focusondev Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Nov 15, 2019
    I'm waiting patiently for @ussoccer97531 to complete his GA Cup game assessments for round 2 like he did for round 1. He set the expectations high. Need to keep up the standards. :notworthy:

Winoman and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  2. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    It’s not in the cards. I will watch the actual GA Cup, but don’t plan to watch any more of the qualifying.

If you or anyone wants to send me game tape, I’ll try to look over it, but I think I’ve seen enough of these teams for now.

Winoman, Pl@ymaker and focusondev repped this.
  3. After the previous Chicago Fire academy leadership was purged 4 years ago, nearly all of what would be this year’s U-19 team left for FC United. So the decision was made to not field a U-19 side for this season only. After several seasons playing up an age bracket this is the first DA season the current U-17 side has stayed in their own age group. The Fire's new owner and management are keen on youth development and will likely field a U-19 DA team next season. Chicago Cubs owner Tom Ricketts owns rights to a USL Championship team. I don't know if those rights are exclusive.

4. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe that Ricketts has stepped away from the USL ownership after the attempt to build a stadium was scrapped by the city. Peoria which is a two hour drive will be getting a USL league 2 team and South Bend which is an hour and a half away is also adding a USL league 2 team but there is no chicago team.

willydonc repped this.
  5. Befuddled

Befuddled Member

Swansea City
    United States
    Mar 27, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Peretz48, Pl@ymaker and Winoman repped this.
  6. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chicago, Boca, Southampton, Chivas, red star, São Paulo, Toronto, and river plate are who I expect to advance

7. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
  8. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s sad for us who love watching games to analyze prospects. But for the MLS clubs this is low key good because I don’t think they would’ve done very well this year in the champions division.