G. Barrett

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by frankk, Aug 29, 2002.

1. frankk

frankk New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Dublin/Donegal
    Wenger has sent Barrett on loan to Brighton.

I think it could be a good move if he gets to for a partnership alongside bobby zamora (england's next big thing). could be good exposure for him

2. Slash/ED

Slash/ED New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Dublin
    Zamora and Barrett ready to tear up the first divison, I like it, I like it alot.

3. Don Homer

Don Homer New Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Dublin, Ireland
    Its only a 2-month job apparently....

4. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Wenger wanted him to get some experience in the first division after being on loan to lower league sides in the past. He's gradually playing him at a higher and higher level. Looks like he's got plans for him, I'd have thought he'd have let him go by now if he thought he couldn't make it.

5. frankk

frankk New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Dublin/Donegal
    Graham Barrett

he's only gone and got himself sent off on his debut!

violent conduct

6. Slash/ED

Slash/ED New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Dublin
    Much like Wenger when any Asenal player gets sent off, I didn't see the incident. What happend?

7. frankk

frankk New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Dublin/Donegal
    from eleven-a-side.com

Graham Barrett, making his debut for Brighton following a midweek loan move from Arsenal, was dismissed for violent conduct 15 minutes from the end of a high-octane south coast derby against Portsmouth.

It was a disastrous turn of events for Barrett, who made his international debut for Mick McCarthy’s side ten days ago and was eager to impress during his loan spell at the Seagulls.

Barrett had a hand in Brighton’s early equaliser, when captain Danny Cullip had pounced on the rebound from a Barrett shot, but Division One leaders Portsmouth turned on the style thereafter, and were 4-2 to the good when Barrett was sent off.

8. Leto

Leto New Member

Aug 23, 2001
    Donegal,Ireland
    Fan-bloody-tastic. Has he been talking to Stephen McPhail?

9. pmannion

pmannion Member
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Newfoundland
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    What's the suspension going to be?

10. Don Homer

Don Homer New Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Dublin, Ireland
    He's been suspended for 4 games and Wenger has told Brighton not to cup-tie him in the League Cup. Therefore, out of a two-month loan, he misses the next five games straight.

On balance, he would now be better off back trainning with the Arsenal team!!!

What's it with Paddies and loan spells?

11. Slash/ED

Slash/ED New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Dublin
    It goes some way to justifying Mick leaving him out when you look at our strikers in the squad, only two play up front for their clubs.