FYI: Location/Parking at A&M for CONCACAF Match

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Dynamo_Joe, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Dynamo_Joe

Dynamo_Joe Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Texas
  2. EdG567

EdG567 Member

May 10, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not bad...

Great chance to win over some College Station/Aggie residents.

3. stopper4

stopper4 Member

Jan 24, 2000
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be there.

But you're not winning me over.

Hope Ching is ready to play.

4. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    Will see ..:p:D

5. Highway 6

Highway 6 New Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Austin
    That is a sweet looking field. I hope it looks that full on Thursday night. That must be a picture from the time they squeezed in 8,000. I read that the stadium only hold 3k, but that looks like a lot more people. What a pity there isn't an Aggie Mens team taking advantage of such a nice stadium.

Do you guys know if they sell beer on the campus?

6. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I can tell you for sure they drink beer on campus. :D Whether they sell it or not, that I can't tell you.

7. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

There is a Men's Association Football team at TAMU. They have uniforms and everything. No scholarships however.

I've been in contact with them and they are looking forward to this match and their head coach has told me that several guys on the team are from Houston and are pumped for this match at the Aggie Soccer Complex.

What is unfortunate Hwy 6 is that the Women's program loves this stadium but has not taken the time to grow the game on campus and invite the Men's team to play there as well. Every university in the Big XII has a competative men's soccer program. Some like Kansas have got it all minus the free ed.

8. Fire Lovin' Hoosier

Fire Lovin' Hoosier New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Indy
    one question i have is how come its not sold out yet, i checked by trying to order some tickets and they still had at least 5 left, that should have been sold out a couple weeks ago, whats up with that?

9. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Just guessing but I think it has not sold out yet because people have not bought all the tickets.

Why did you think it would sell out? It's a couple of hours away from Houston and on a Thursday night.

I'm sorry if we have let you down but it's not that surprising. I'm hoping for a good crowd at the game but it might not happen.

10. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town

I just put the maximum amount of 50 into Ticketsmaster ..available ..:(

11. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I just bought 2 more today, so I"m taking 4. I hope there will be a lot of people there, but on a school night you won't have the big walk up crowd like you would have in Houston. But maybe there will be lots of Bryan/CS people there, youth teams, things like that. Hope they know how to yell. :D

12. stopper4

stopper4 Member

Jan 24, 2000
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be the guy in the LSU hat.

13. KotWF

KotWF Member

Jun 13, 2003
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just thought I'd repost this here in this thread in case it's useful for anyone...

14. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's a link the team posted to parking information at the complex.

15. HTownSoccerGuy

Mar 29, 2005
    Houston, TX
    no they dont sell beer at the stadium. not for school events anyways. and yeah that pic is from the 8,000 person game. Ive been to one and those are removeable seats in the the endzones

16. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    anyone have a reliable weather report for CS tonight?

17. mabeuf

mabeuf Member

Jul 22, 2006
    West
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Newtex said yesterday it was 70 with 0% chance of rain.

18. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Close.

It is supposed to be 60F at kickoff and falling temps. Still 0% chance of rain.

19. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    what does falling temps mean-hovering in the 50's? I've covered A&M lacrosse games up there in March where it was pretty common to have the temps drop in the 30's by the end of the game.

20. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Weather.com says

8pm Clear 59°F

9pm Clear 56°F

10pm Clear 54°F

11pm Clear 53°F

21. ManiacalClown

ManiacalClown Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is officially a dry campus so I would doubt there would be alcohol sales of any kind.

However, we will all be more than happy to direct you to Northgate for all your drinking needs. Might I suggest O'Bannon's Taphouse?

22. narangi

narangi New Member

Feb 15, 2007
    midtown
    well maybe they'll make an exception for a non Aggie event. but i doubt it. Northgate is fine, but its nice to have a beer at the game. Guess we'll load up before hand.

23. KotWF

KotWF Member

Jun 13, 2003
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it is a dry campus then it's a recent development. When I was there... the rule was that it was legal to have alcohol in the dorms as long as one of the two people living in that room was 21. And of course drinking has always been legal (as far as I know) when tailgating on campus before sporting events. Like every college except for UH... they just don't sell beer at sporting events.

24. ManiacalClown

ManiacalClown Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By dry I mean that you cannot sell alcohol on campus. Period. Drinking it is ok, but you can't bring it inside the stadium.

And I don't know how recent a change this is, but to be within the rules all residents of the dorm room must be 21 now.

25. KotWF

KotWF Member

Jun 13, 2003
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm. Well that complicates things. When I was freshman in the dorms (I lived in Hart Hall as a fish when it was unairconditioned) I had a 25 year-old roomate with a beard.