Future uncertain for Dallas' Kreis...could he end up in Denver?

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by Bonji, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We all know, or maybe we all hope, that this off-season is going to be an interesting one for Rapids fans. We're faced with a Spencer retirement, a Hanki retreat and maybe a few other high salaried departures. In addition we'll see what happens with the Expansion draft in a month or so. Is there going to be room for the highest scoring striker in MLS history? MLSnet says Kreis might be moving on from Dallas after another disapointing season.
    Do Rapids fans want to see the MLS vet in the blue and black?

2. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally I wouldn't want to pay a lot for the 34 year old, 35 at the start of next season. If we can get him for another late draft pick and can pay him $60k, I'd see if he has another season in him. Maybe he can teach Pedro a thing or two.

3. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let RSC have him...

4. balladeur

balladeur New Member

May 20, 2004
    New york
    What are the possibilities of having eddie Johnson up top Pedro instead?

5. Mr Hanki's Throne

Mr Hanki's Throne New Member

Mar 13, 2001
    Wellington, Colo
    I'd allow up to $120K for Kreis. His slump is a combination of injuries and just spending too much time at one place. He might come here and do squat, but I'd like to think we could squeeze quality like we saw out of Chung one and two years ago.

6. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    Any good forward is dependant upon those people who serve him.
    I think his slump this year and most of all has to do with the service he receives or rather doesn't. This is why you see Johnson do so well with the Nats but not so well with Dallas.

ps. beat KC, thanks.

7. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What? Are you asking about getting EJ? I doubt Dallas will let him go somewhere else in MLS. I'd love to have EJ and Pedro up top, but I don't think it is going to happen.

8. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a good point and I'm not sure he'd get better service in CO.

9. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    I'd like him if we could get him on the cheap.

10. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Pulling down a 20-goal season may be dependent upon service from the midfield and wide backs, but any decent striker with plenty of minutes should be able to get at least 6 goals even with the worst service in the league.

After all, if evaluating strikers is based on their service then the entire league really stinks in that department.

11. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City

Good point.

12. Bilbo

Bilbo New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Box under I-25/ I-70
    We need to get younger, not older.

13. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kreis is Gawd Awful... I wouldn't take him for some corner flags... Kreis is crap with the Nats, just like Twellman... signing Kreis would be like signing Roy Lassiter... NO THANK YOU...We need to have our priority be signing an attacking mid that can create for themselves as well as others, and then getting an attacker like ZiZi that can stay healthy and play with their back to goal... These are our BIGGEST holes in the line up.

14. Rei de Boston

Rei de Boston New Member

Mar 16, 2004
    Perfectly stated.

This offseason looks to be very interesting but I would hope we have learned some from our past and we go looking for more players who are young and have things to prove a la Pedro.

15. Sempuukyaku

Sempuukyaku Member+

Apr 30, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Real Salt Lake can take him, thank you very much.

We don't need him AT ALL. We have a solid striker in Pedro....let's try to find another young striker who can link up with him up top.

16. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forget Kreis. The last thing the Rapids need is an old injury prone attacker.

17. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Nov 24, 1999
    Tianjin, China
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uuummmmmmmmmm. the answer is no. Could he end up in Denver? Ummm the answer is yes he could. But I will go with the give him to Salt Lake or Chivas:D

18. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure that someone has already mentioned this, but Eddie Johnson was tied with Brian Ching for the most goals in the league this season.

And before someone asks, only one of those goals was a PK.

19. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Said many a DC fan when they learned Moreno was returning.

Dallas has been C R A P the last two years. They improved this year only because they couldn't get any worse. Kries is worth a look depending on the price as veteran who can help some young pups along and buy the club a year or two to discover someone new to bring in.