future Sky Blue stadium

Discussion in 'NJ/NY Sky Blue' started by SiberianThunderT, Nov 10, 2011.

1. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My attitude about SB fans in NYC is irrelevant; I just don't believe that there are a meaningful number of them (see my previous "supposed numerous fans in NYC" comment).

2. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    You don't need to have "meaningful" numbers of fans (whatever that means). SBFC needs every single fan it can get at this point.

3. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are there questions about SBFC's management? I'm asking because I noticed that their website still has only the 2013 roster. If management is interested in promoting its team, I'd expect them to do better with their website, and in particular with their roster.

4. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Assuming SB has the remaining 15 players from '13 plus Filigno, the 4 college drafts, and Levin, that is 21 players plus any from the open tryouts (from which none ever made a final roster), the team does not know its opening day roster yet. The press releases are being put on the site.

5. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I realize that. But, if you check out the other teams, most of them are pretty good about keeping their on line rosters up to date. It's just a detail. I guess it says they're really running a bare bones operation. Of course, if they've been losing money for years, that may explain why. Still ....

6. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    ....and SBFC just now opened purchasing of season ticket packages.

7. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Not so fast, earlier this morning there was a tweet that the website had a bit of an issue

8. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yeah, but I was referring to a more recent Tweet:

5hrs later...

9. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Ahh, I must have missed the latest one and only saw the tweet from earlier this morning.

10. slc1997

slc1997 Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Sky Blue could return to TD Bank Ballpark. Games they had there in 09 were not bad. No problem with sightlines, they sold out a game, the stadium has real seats,beer, and concessions. Train station with direct to nyc is in the parking lot. As close to Philly as Yurcak is. Two major problems in baseball field (field would be narrow and extra cost of sod infield) and scheduling but it could be done.