Future Residents of Manchester... The Arsenal Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by ThreeUpTop, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, but i'm sick of another season hoping for a lucky run in a Cup. We looked like we were ready to step up this year and contend again, now we are back to square one.

2. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think everyone who leaves Arsenal and dont win trophies are pu$$ies, tbh.

3. WoodDraw

WoodDraw Member+

May 29, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They both have signed contract extensions, so hopefully we're ok for a few years. These Song rumors have been around for at least a couple seasons now.

I'm not pissed about losing him; I'm pissed that we have no replacement and the timing of the announcement. Plus, with three years left on his contract, it set's a very bad precedent that our players can ******** off whenever they please.

4. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    well Barcelona are saying €19 million, so I would go with that figure.

here is the thing

player ends up in last year of contract; fans get made because player is in last year of contract

player is in last 2 years of contract; fans get made that he is in the last two years of his contract and hasnt gotten a new deal

now we get upset when a player leaves with 3 years left on his contract?

it says more about the game than anything else, imo

daedalus repped this.
  5. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Other clubs seem to do alright with unhappy players. FFS Citeh must be the most unhappy team on the planet, and their manager is crap, but they seem to make do. Sperz held onto Modric last year and it didn't do them any harm. I like the idea of "You don't like it here? ******** off!", but the reality isn't working out.

6. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why don't you take a chill pill? It is only the first game of the season, FFS...
    By the way, weren't you the one questioning Cazorla's quality a few weeks ago? :)

7. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    and City have billions more than Arsenal and can tell guys to fucc off and leave them in the reserves, or subsidize their £10 million a year salaries while they are on loan.

Modric and Spurs had a deal apparently. A bit like we had with Cesc in his final year which I guess everyone has forgotten about.

8. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm still relaxed and pretty excited about the season -- but it's absurd not to be concerned with the pattern of events and player departures at Arsenal in the last few years.

9. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    who isnt concerned about it?

hughmanatee repped this.
  10. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    Maybe Song or RVP had one as well.

11. hughmanatee

hughmanatee Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Montréal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Why would unhappy City players engineer a move away from the club when they're on £140,000+/week? Spurs 'holding' on to Modric...? They've been trying to sell him at value so they can invest that money in desperately needed players while losing their opening match to Newcastle.

We haven't missed Song yet, and along with the 'you don't like it here? ******** off' message there's also 'we have new core who want to be here.' Admittedly, it puts us right back to where we were a couple seasons ago where we have to wait and see how good and committed Cazorla, Podolski, and Giroud can be but the sooner we move on from relying on want-away players the better.

charlie15 and DaPrince84 repped this.
  12. InTheSun

InTheSun Member+

Oct 20, 2005
    The Andes Mountains
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Song needed to go. Disrespected the Boss and Bouldie almost ripped his head off. I think we did all right in this situation. I agree with Anti though that an heir apparent had to be in place a long time ago. We have @70 large in the bank. We can afford top class.

charlie15 repped this.
  13. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dunno, maybe you should ask Tevez? Anyway, just because they aren't trying to move doesn't mean they are happy, does it?

I did write "last year" didn't I? Yeah, i did. He wanted to leave for Chelski, they didn't let him and finished above Chelski, the CL Champions.

If we have a "new core" every single year, then we are just spinning our wheels.

14. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where did this story come from?

15. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is the key point here. I don't see what else Song would have done differently than Mikel today. as a matter of fact, Mikel was outstanding as a DM. However, I don't think he should be doing it a whole season and I fully agree (and expect) that a real DM should be brought in asap.
    Finally, this point has been made before, this current generation did not bring squat to the club the last 4/5 years.They frigging choked in the Carling Cup final against lowly B'mgham.

If on top of it, they are becoming nuisances, (public (a la RVP) or inside the locker room ( a la Song), they can goto hell as far as I am concerned. I for one is pleased that Wenger is clearly
    (re) establish his authority. If Bould could smack a couple of them along the way, it will be a bonus. :)

16. Boogie_Down

Boogie_Down Member+

Jul 7, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's the news on Walcott? Is he signing an extension? Leaving at the end of the season? It doesn't sound like he's going to be sold.

17. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    Where'd you get this from?

18. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're talking about Kos and Ches, right? That's who you mean?

19. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure.... Kos and Chez were the only two on the field...right?
    RVP was at home chilling and Song in vacations, i guess..

By the way, Koz and Chez were not the ones pushing to get traded this offseason. So far they seem to be willing and eager to play for the club.

20. hughmanatee

hughmanatee Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Montréal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Unhappy players at City not trying to move? I wonder if it has anything to do with their wages? Although I'm sure they don't mind winning trophies either. As for the unhappy trio of Tevez, Roque Santa Cruz, and Adebayor - they would have been gone last year if anyone were willing to match their wages and/or City's valuation. Who else would you say is unhappy over there?

Yet no CL football, and they can't manage to sell Modric now... maybe they should have shipped him out when they had the chance.

Keep your eyes on the prize: CL qualification.

21. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Maybe you should go back and rewatch that game. Foster(I think that was the Brum keeper) made a number of huge saves to even give them a chance to stay in the game. If it was any other game, the score would have been 4-1 to Arsenal.

22. InTheSun

InTheSun Member+

Oct 20, 2005
    The Andes Mountains
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    You don't wanna know bud... :D According to some reports coming out of the training ground there was some insubordination from Song and the boss had enough. He also had some kind of altercation with Bouldie - although I'm not sure if it was part of the same fracas.

23. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    @AFCcamden?

24. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RVP scored in that game. Kos and Chez are the ones who choked and lost it for us. Fact.

daedalus and hughmanatee repped this.
  25. hughmanatee

hughmanatee Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Montréal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    I imagine Bould was explaining the role of defensive midfielder to Song and he wasn't having any of that.

daedalus, scruggs45 and HarveyDent repped this.