Future Residents of Manchester... The Arsenal Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by ThreeUpTop, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Coq making some noise about first team football.

I want to see him play more, but it's so hard right now. Arteta and Diaby have been very good.

2. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    around 02, i think? started playing championship manager, was told by my cousin that i like arsenal and became curious about all these players i only knew as numbers. :D

charlie15 repped this.
  3. Munchlaxatives

Aug 13, 2008
    Houston
    He'll get his chances in the cup competitions, as well as when Wenger needs a defensive presence in midfield. I can't see anyone but Wilshere challenge Arteta.

4. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good job mate. You really are a quick learner. :thumbsdown:

5. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    thanks, i think?

6. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am sure he will play in Cup c0mpetitions and will sub for Arteta here and there. He has been on the bench for the fisrt three games (if I am not mistaken). After all, he is perhaps the top back up for Arteta.
    Not sure if his comments were taken out of context, but it seems that he may have implied that he would look somewhere else if he can't play more regularly this year.
    If that is correct, It always kind of bothers me when young players are making these ill advised comments and I bet management may not be too pleased either. Just be patient, work hard and try to learn from some of the best in the game and if you are good enough, your time will come. Don't tempt Arsene too much ether :)

7. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely. It was meant as a compliment! :thumbsdown:

8. Scally

Scally Member+

Aug 29, 2006
    Rep. of Ireland
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    10yrs?

9. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah..10 years are not too much in term of football history.
    My point was that for someone with a relatively a short exposure to football,
    he has a lot of depth and knowledge of the game.

10. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Charlie what about u? With the internet its easy to learn about football, everyone can be an expert in a forum, how many people here actually coach?

11. thepundit

thepundit Member

Jan 1, 2005
    Tacoma, WA
    I coach but not that well. My teams always win because I swagger jack Marineyo's deep seating, which is embarrassing as someone who attends via telecast the weekly Arsenal meetings for the warmth of passing solutions. Also the boys and girls club where I coach is populated mostly by youngsters from low-income households who are dissuaded by cost or culture from participation in sports travel programs so I harvest talent and little plastic trophies from the socioeconomic bottleneck. 4-0 and 7-0 today: I'm trying to find subtle techniques to keep scores down and prevent insulation of bad habits by plump scores early in games.

It's a lot of fun and humbles me often.

daedalus and thebigman repped this.
  12. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, I grew up playing and watching football (obviously was not born in the US) :)
    I coached a bit as well. I wish I had more talent and skills though. :)
    Watched my first entire WC 78 as a kid. Went to 3 WC's as well. (94, 98, 2006).

13. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    5 matches in 2 weeks coming up, some depth would have been nice.

14. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    Definitely a tricky one here. Diaby will have probably played these games. Would it be wise to start him vs Southampton or do we go with Coquelin?

15. hughmanatee

hughmanatee Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Montréal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    I like the idea of starting Coquelin. Give Arteta a bit more freedom and see what he can do - he's been as fantastic as any of our midfielders.

16. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    Yeah, afterall he said he's no different to the rest of the midfielders. Let's see if that's correct.

17. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    y'know, now and again i am saddened by the continual lack of depth. then i remember how wenger uses depth - you play until you're worn our or injured then we'll "rotate" somebody in - and i realised that it really wouldn't have mattered.

KozIsCul repped this.
  18. Romfordray

Romfordray Member+

Oct 24, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For one, I'd love to see where Sagna stacks up statistically against the best RBs on AFC. He never had the teams that some of the other RBs had. Has been a loyal and hardworking player on the team and quite possibly world-class for the position (as you said). What I said was that players of that quality should be given a chance to finish out their careers at AFC.

Gonna ignore the last sentence out of respect of the fact that most of your post actually make sense :). Peace out bro.

19. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    good luck finding those stats for older arsenal rb's, but here are the ones i can remember who played rb for any length of time....from storey to rice(with storey going to cb then dm) to devine to hollins(dropping back from midfield) to hill to anderson to thomas to winterburn(until sansom left) to dixon(with thomas pushed up to midfield) to lauren to eboue

daedalus and Val1 repped this.
  20. ardee

ardee Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Hello, I'm new :)

I used to use the RealGM Soccer forum before this, but it was very unfrequently visited by people genuinely interested in the game, so I decided to find something better.

The thing I'd be interested to know: has anyone heard anything about M'Vila? Do you think Wenger will look more into it if Diaby doesn't keep up this form?

21. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    I think a lot depends on what happens with Wilshere. I think Wenger wasn't urgent on buying anyone in that spot because Wilshere may be back and fit. If he still has injury problems by Jan, then Wenger probably will buy in that department. If not we're fine.

22. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I still think there's a reason M'Vila's valuation kept dropping. There has to be some reason the interest in him waned.

23. InTheSun

InTheSun Member+

Oct 20, 2005
    The Andes Mountains
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The last reports were that Rennes were holding out for 20M. Spuds almost went for it (they go for anyone linked to us ). Wenger will not play ball at that price as mentioned he thinks we have options coming back.

24. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He was a wanker at the Euros, his attitude since then has been a huge question mark.

25. Munchlaxatives

Aug 13, 2008
    Houston
    I used to post on RealGM until a bunch of australians took over.