Future MLS Stadium Renderings Thread

Discussion in 'MLS: Expansion' started by jade1mls, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Lothar is 1

Lothar is 1 Member+

Oct 21, 1999
    Re: Future SSS Renderings Thread

Well that blows... worldstadiums.com has it already listed at 7K... but i guess if it is selling out 3K that is not accurate now is it...

still 15K by 2010 is better than DC and NE have lined up

and I believe isnt that when RB Park, Real's stadium, and Vancouver's stadiums are set to be done as well...

2. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow, i didn't realize that toronto's would look almost exactly like paetec park.

3. ironduke2010

ironduke2010 Member

Mar 18, 2005
    A2, MI USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    has this actually been talked about? i guess "Colorado Arsenal" isn't too far fetched since the "Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge" and the "Rocky Flats Arsenal" (which made plutonium triggers for american nukes) are right in the denver neighborhood.

4. Airblair

Airblair Member

Dec 8, 1999
    Redwood City
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We don't know where it will be located . . . or even if it will exist.

Lew Wolff, owner of the Oakland A's and holder of the three-year option to get a stadium built and bring back the Quakes, won't exercise that option unless all questions are settled about whichever plot of land will be used for the stadium.

Hell, I doubt MLS will let him exercise the option without being 100% sure that the stadium will be built.

That may mean we won't know anything definitive until shovels are in the ground.

Keep checking the San Jose board, as well as the Soccer Silicon Valley website for updates.

In fact, there was a development yesterday regarding one of the sites, which may make that site the front runner for the new stadium . . .

5. jade1mls

jade1mls Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle

Thank you i didn't know about that web site. i've been following the San Jose board as much as possible. I hope the Quakes return before 2010.

6. DixieDean

DixieDean New Member

Jun 4, 2004
    Nassau, Bahamas
    The roof support structure on the RSL rendering reminds me of the Jungle i.e. Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati:

RSL

[​IMG]

Who dey?

[​IMG]

I know it's only a passing similarity, but that's all I think about when I look at the rendering. (It's not a bad thing at all)

7. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes, and it's far more than just a single stadium.

And will consist of far more than just a single stadium.

Actually, the price was closer to $100M.

And consists of far more than just a single stadium.

You're comparing the price of a single stadium to the prices of entire sports complexes.

8. dice50

dice50 New Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Norman, Oklahoma
    Red Bull Park will be far and above any other MLS stadium when it's finished. I think in terms of amenities, class, look, uniqueness this is how I would rate all the finished and proposed SSS.

1.) Red Bull Park
    2.) DC United Stadium
    3.) Home Depot Center
    4.) Real Salt Lake Stadium
    5.) Toyota Park
    6.) Rapids Stadium
    7.) Wizards Stadium
    8.) Pizza Hut Park
    9.) Colombus Crew Stadium
    10.) BMO Stadium

Anyone have any updates on The Dynamo, Revolution, or Chivas SSS situations? I believe Chivas is the only team in MLS where their own SSS has never been mentioned?

9. Keenan

Keenan New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Stephens City,VA
    I'm interested in seeing more Red Bull park renderings... they have to get more than the three crappy renderings they currently have?

10. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chivas share HDC with the Galaxy, they don't need their own SSS.

11. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the one everyone has seen:
    [​IMG]

Here's one that has been redone a bit:
    [​IMG]

Other then that I would expect much until next spring when the actual construction of the stadium begins. Until then they'll be cleaning up the site.

12. RealGooner

RealGooner New Member

May 2, 2005
    Toronto
    Updated rendering of Toronto FC's BMO Field:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. jade1mls

jade1mls Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle
    Since I included Vancouver Whitecaps FC stadium I might as well include Montreal Impact's Saputo Stadium.

Montral Impact is a USL-1 club with attendances regularly over 11,000 and passionate fans. Should they opt to they would make a great club in MLS their stadium is expected to eventually seat 17,000.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Supersuperman99

Supersuperman99 New Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    How can u you put RBNY stadium and DC's stadium 1 & 2 when they havent even been built as far as I'm concerned the HDC will always be this county's premiere Futbol Stadium maybe when the RB Park it will be up there. and come on now to say that PHP is better than CCS is Bullsh*t. PHP is just a hole in the gorwn with seats thats all. CCS is built from ground level up and it has an upper deck PHP looks like a mini cotton bowl with those stairs they just installed. And its a digrace that the team with more MLS cups cant get one built. WTF. RBNY Park will be the premiere venue for soocer in the East cost but the HDC is the premiere soocer venue for the entire country.

15. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone is getting jealous.

16. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Montreal will not be in MLS primarily because of what you yourself had quoted:
    "The Complexe Place du Public will be managed by a non-profit organization whose mission will be to promote the development of soccer by offering high-level installations to the citizens of the Greater Montreal region."

17. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC

Are they using that stadium for soccer or Ice Hockey? :D

Though....white fieldturf....they'd be the only ones on the world that played on fake grass that isn't green...

18. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just out of curiosity, why is Kansas City's the only one that is rumored while at least two others (DC and Phily) aren't even on the table yet?

19. jade1mls

jade1mls Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle

The reason for that is at the time of posting no one knew for sure if those leaked renderings were the actual proposed design. Days later they were confirmed.

20. jade1mls

jade1mls Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle
    The complex will be managed by a non-profit but the team will presumably be owned by the same for profit owner.

Another view of the Stade Saputo area
    [​IMG]

more at: http://www.montrealimpact.com

21. hipityhop

hipityhop Member

New Mexico United
    United States
    Jan 10, 1999
    Mission TX
    Club:
    SønderjyskE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since Kansas City is 'rumored' or possible.. mabbe we could also include this as a 'rumor'..

22. dice50

dice50 New Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Norman, Oklahoma
    I said current or "proposed" satdiums so that's how I made my list. If Red Bull Park is built and looks exactly like it does in those pictures then I would definitely put it ahead of the HDC. The HDC is awesome and looks great at night, my main complaint about it, is that the stands are too far away from the field. Why did they do that? I'm sure they could change this if they wanted to. is this b/c the field used to be wider but the new coach doesn't want it like that?

23. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry to burst your bubble again, but Saputo runs the team through the no-profit organization. Hence the tickets are way cheap. This has been discussed in previous threads.

24. jade1mls

jade1mls Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle
  25. jade1mls

jade1mls Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle
    I stand corrected.

Kudos to them for being able to do that AND build a nearly 20,000 seat stadium