Future Locations of the World Cup

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by SoccerFan8270, Nov 3, 2003.

1. beachesl

beachesl Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Mendoza, Argentina
    Owwwww, my head hurtz from all these analogies! Hmmm, does this mean Oceania is the parking lane of the world expressway? :)

2. Andy TAUS

Andy TAUS Member

Jan 31, 2004
    Sydney, AUS
    Agreed.

All I'm arguing is that a more equitable & open system of Host selection for the WC as well as the Country qualification to the finals should be developed & implemented. I don't really care if it's confederation-based or allocated on another basis.

Where the most angst comes from (for me & my ilk) is the constant changing of the FIFA rules etc, to pamper to the two most powerful confederations at the cost of the other 4 confederations. UEFA & CONMEBOL act like two obese kids who throw their toys out of their prams and whine if they see even a single tiny scrap of food being offered to their 4 other siblings !!!

Jeez, FIFA can't even get out of the 1st stage of a much-trumpeted long-term (& supposedly beneficial to the whole world-wide footballing community) rule-change before the two big bullies (UEFA & CONMEBOL) engineer the next change to suit their greedy short-sighted objectives !

CYA.

3. Andy TAUS

Andy TAUS Member

Jan 31, 2004
    Sydney, AUS
    beachesl,

No.

Oceania hasn't found the entrance onto the expressway yet. All the direction signs are constantly being removed &/or changed by the operator in response to its two most influential users!

:D