"Futebol dos Gringos" 2014/15 thread [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Mengão86, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Next Champions League Winner?

Poll closed Jan 2, 2015.
  1. Real Madrid

11.5%
  2. Barcelona

19.2%
  3. Atletico Madrid

7.7%
  4. Bayern

11.5%
  5. Chelsea

19.2%
  6. Manchester City

3.8%
  7. PSG

15.4%
  8. Other

11.5%
  1. PapaDoc23

PapaDoc23 Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Brooklyn,New York
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Is Barca trying to Marquinhos? Last I heard they are actively trying to get him. They should though. Pique is trash. Just a tall guy with no defense skill. Moves the ball up like he is Lucio 2.0 at the wrong moments. He was only good when Puyol was there. Puyol did all the dirty work. Alexis Sanchez going to Arsenal is good move though. Arsenal really need him. He was a great player for Barca. And speaking of Arsenal i heard Bernard is trying leave the chaotic blackhole of Ukraine to go England. Arsenal is interested. Would be a great career saving move for Bernard.

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Di Maria to United?

@DiegoBustosCNN: Di María acordó con el #Manchester United £150,000 por semana. Sólo falta finiquitar el marco de la transacción. #mundial

3. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Dunno what Real is thinking... I would never sell Di Maria. Maybe they are really targeting James ****ing Rodriguez after all?

4. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I player I like going to ManU. Doesn't happen very often. Seems kind of odd to me, as I dont think that team is the best style for him.

5. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    They may wonder about his level going forward - he's so dependent on his physical ability that once that slips, he may be significantly worse. Just a theory. They're also bringing in Kroos, so have less room in midfield.

6. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Anyone know of a good euro transfer tracker where I can search by team?

7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Kroos doesn't affect DiMaria, it affects Khedira..whom is on his way out to probably Arsenal. And yes they realistically aiming for James who is tagged at nothing less than 75€mil. They also want Marco Verratti of PSG.

8. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I don't understand why would Madrid need Kroos or Verratti. I understand the need to replace Xabi Alonso but neither player are really X. Alonso like.

9. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    As far as I know, Marquinhos has been very high on the wish list of Barca, but it's currently doubtful whether they think PSG asks too much. Barca certainly is looking to sign 1-2 CBs this summer, but I dunno whether Marquinhos should be the choice. I mean, we need a player who's instantly a starter, and Marquinhos might not be there yet.

As for Pique and Puyol, I think it's kinda similar - in some ways - situation than it is with D. Luiz and T. Silva: Pique and Luiz can play really, really well, but they are not at their best when they're supposed to be the leaders of the defence line. Luiz needs someone like Silva, Pique someone like Puyol. So, I'd guess a characteristic Barca should look in a CB candidate is leadership, and I'm not sure Marquinhos has that in the very high level.

Then again, it's tough to know what Barca bosses really want. They've made bad moves with CBs before. They should've spent big on T. Silva when he was still at Milan, to begin with.

Agreed - good move from Arsenal to sign Alexis.

10. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Seems like Barcelona are going to miss out on every other big name CB this summer too. Benatia, Mangala, Hummels isn't leaving. Whose realistically left?

11. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Barca close to buying Giva hahaaaa. I should have never hung up the boots anythings possible especially since Santos youth players get paid and transferred if they have a pulse.

12. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Now it looks like Di Maria rejected Man Utd, even though sources claimed they had agreed on personal terms yesterday.

13. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Source?

Surely that's for Barca B, though.

I remember the Neymar deal included some kinda youth players clause or something, he's one of them, no?

14. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Rana catesbeiana repped this.
  15. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Casemiro linked to be involved in the James Rod to Real Madrid transfer. Monaco first wanted Pepe or Coentrao, but Real didnt want to give them up.

16. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Real also likely to get Kroos, and Di Marria likely on his way to PSG.

17. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    They already got Kroos, late to that party. All we waitin is for him to stop celebrating for him to fly to Madrid.

Monaco isnt going to accept that deal. They have enough center mids. smoke and mirrors. Pogba to Chelsea Seems real since Conte just quit today. Mangala close to joining Man City.

18. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #93 Mengão86, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
    Siena, from the second division in Italy, files for bankruptcy and will play the fourth division.

19. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The Italian lg is a joke now regardless. So many fixed matches and crap play.

20. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Agreed. Its sad how far the now semi-amateur league of Serie A has come compared to anything pre-2010

21. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And you can see how the Azzurri are being affected by this!!

22. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    More likely Vidal to United.

23. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Last i read Man U just denied the purchase of Vidal because he cost more than what they expected. Plus he's not getting CL ball.

24. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Perhaps, but there's been almost no news regarding Chelsea and Pogba. I am curious who else Mourinho wants to buy; with Fabregas and Costa in place, and Felipe Luis looking likely (not a transfer I like at all), there's quite a bit of room for another deeper midfielder or a CB. I'm still wondering if he's going to try to pry Varane from Real - I would be hugely in favor of that, but I doubt it would happen.

25. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Chelsea starting to look really good imo..