Fusion fans...

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by chichi, Apr 8, 2003.

1. soccer4sFlorida

soccer4sFlorida New Member

Oct 23, 2002
    LockhartSSS
    Blunders continue …
    MLS looking for new markets, new I/O's
    Yet ? some of the existing markets are falling apart, like a cheap Singapore suit..

lets face it …the Fusion days look better and better… soccer,
    credibility, controversy, attendance ..was all, much better and more fun. The knowledged old timer Cosmos/Striker/Rowdies fan,
    and the Hispanics are not coming out in droves to watch MLS
    … poor quality, limited talent (1 or 2 max per team, max) poor
    format, poor entertainment, poor credibility, and
    poor management are part of the reasons .
    A league where a 40 yo (god love him) is the top player ???

Paying attention to the Colorado game where the locals
    mention that there were 3,000 not 7,500 as announced,
    takes me back to the debate on the attendance… where still !!!
    MLS and some novice fans believe that 10,000 was poor
    attendance at Lockhart in a 21,000 SSS.. or in MLS for matter of fact ???
    10,000 fan markets are not many, specially if you add the SSS in the formula

well ! I remember the days
    It was rocking ..DC-Fusion 15,000 .. ahhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!

So in MLS ? it is better to have 8,000 fans, (fudged up attendance) in the seats
    in a 70K stadium.. than 10,000. ? in a cheap of the cheapest venues,called LockhartSSS..

with such poor understanding and knowledge
    from MLS .. and some novice fans !
    expansion not only looks and sounds ridiculous.. but it is a dream… in the next couple years… even !if “expansion” comes
    about… some other existing markets will have to pay their dues..
    be moved or “contracted”

Some of us will be old men before we see a 16 team MLS :(
    10 teams with 8 team playoffs .. is a joke

keep dreaming

2. Sink

Sink New Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Erie, PA
    I recently signed up for these forums and just stumbled across this section. I'm glad to see that people still feel the same way about it that I do. For instance, I've also said that if I won the lottery I'd bring back the fusion. I also remember the zicke-zacke (or whatver) chant, he'd say that twice then FUSION! FUSION! and everyone would finish with the last round of oi's. I'm pretty sure he got this from The Man Show.

What about some other good ol' Fusion stuff. Like the Afusionado's singing, "Vamos, vamos fusion...esta noche, tenemos que ganar." And, if I remember right, the sign that made it to every game that simply read "El Sur". Can't forget the stupid "Jump Squad" that they brought in later. That was ridiculous. The endless commercials for Gnutella and Carmax. The streams of toilet paper flying into the net. The arepas. And why were they always giving away bags? I have at least 8 different kinds of bags that they gave away. Also, there had been some mention of past players, but no mention of, for my money, the best Fusion player ever, Cle Kooiman. You can't beat the defenses with him and Wade Webber and Cullen. Good times.

Anyway, just add me to the list of disappointed fusion fans. Viva Fusion!

3. leca

leca New Member

Dec 20, 2001
    PB County
  4. soccer4sFlorida

soccer4sFlorida New Member

Oct 23, 2002
    LockhartSSS
    guess who is back ???

Rooney... he went to the Boca United program, joins ...Eric Eichmann

Fernando Clavijo is at Renegades, in Coral springs.

in other news ... ?!?!?!?

we still dont have a team

5. chichi

chichi Member

May 21, 1999
    Miami Fl
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jim Rooney... Eric Eichmann...Fernando Clavijo...

Does anyone on these boards talk to any of them?
    If so give us an email or something. I'd like to talk to them. Have them post on these boards or on http://www.soflastrikers.com/forums/index.php?

Why can't these fellas get together and do something for the community? I'm talking about trying to get investors who can fork out the bucks for a new team! I'm sure they know people out there, they must have connections.

There are plenty of rich folks in this town. Hell, get them Estefans,Stalonses (does he still live here?) Madonna, even freaken Will Smith for the love of God, !

I'll do my part, writing to people, getting season tickets and reorganizing the fan base!

6. fusionmansteve

fusionmansteve New Member

Jun 9, 2000
    Waiting in Lockhart parking lot.....
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Chi chi, you still da man! Count me in for three Personal Seat Licenses/season tix....:)

Keep up the good fight.

7. Paul. A

Paul. A Member

Mar 16, 1999
    Wales, UK
    I hope you do get a team back! If you never give up I'm sure you will!

8. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alex Pineda Chacon is with the LA Galaxy. We traded New England our back-up goalie, Matt Reis, for him. Unfortunately, he is not performing rather well and hardly gets any time.

Viva Fusion!

tommymack
    www.lariotsquad.net

9. Stuart

Stuart New Member

Oct 13, 2001
    Miami
    Good to hear that Chacon is still around, but just as sad that the Serna/Chacon partnership has been lost to the league. Neither performed to the same standard as their partnership :-(

10. chichi

chichi Member

May 21, 1999
    Miami Fl
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a little old but I just heard about it...

MLS invited Club America President Javier Pérez Teuffer to the inaguration of the HDC in L.A. Also present was Chivas owner and the center of my search for a South Florida expansion team Mr. Jorge Vergara.

According to the link (in Spanish) America wants to have an MLS team, it looks as though the Galaxy is the team they are looking at. Hopefully the presence of Vergara means he's intrested in an MLS team... Is he looking at South Florida? thats the question. Maybe our emails got to him?

http://www.esto.com.mx/030609/futbol/10futbol.asp

11. Stuart

Stuart New Member

Oct 13, 2001
    Miami
    I just read that Ray at DC was looking to give Serna a trial! Apparently, the goal-deprived DC fans would rather not score than have him, according to the DC board.