Further evidence tying Rove to Plame-outing

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Hard Karl, Jul 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hard Karl

Hard Karl New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8525978/site/newsweek/

Newsweek reveals that Rove did talk to Cooper regarding Plame shortly before Robert "scumbag #1" Novak outed Plame in his column.

By no means is this settled yet so don't accuse me of anything here. It just seems as though this is another bit of information to suggest that there's more going on here than we know about.

2. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yet another Rove-Plame thread with no new news to report. Can't you guys just use the existing thread to make a point (if there is one)? I know it's nice to stroke the ego once in a while by starting your own thread, but this is getting ridiculous.

3. Hard Karl

Hard Karl New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    Like it or not it's news. I'm withholding making any longwinded points/tirades cause all the info is not in yet. I'm not sure if you actually read it either but this is the first time it has been confirmed that Rove was in fact the source in Cooper's notes. The "first time" part of that sentence implies that it is, in fact, 'new news'.

Also, I think the last thread I started was in 2003.

4. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Rove already admitted he spoke with Cooper, so that's not new.

5. Hard Karl

Hard Karl New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    publicly?

6. Yankee_Blue

Yankee_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    New Orleans area
    Karl Rove and his accomplishments:

1. He forged the CBS Memogate documents, even deviously using Army acronyms instead of Air Force ones to implicate Burkett, so that Democrats look crazy and desperate. (duh like you didn't know this one)

2. He is even the one spreading rumors that he is behind Memogate, which most Republicans think is a preposterous conspiracy theory, making Democrats look crazy and desperate. The devious fiend!

3. Was the one who stole the Green Day master that disappeared, to make way for the new album "American Idiot", entirely written by Rove. Yet again - to make Democrats look like childish hatemongers and fruitcakes.

4. Cuts out all the negative articles from the newspapers before Bush reads them, so Bush thinks his policies are actually working.

5. They are actually all Rove's policies. He has hypnotic tapes he plays via headphones he secretly places over Bush's ears every night which tell him what to do the next day.

6. Planted Gannon/Guckert, a gigalo, in the white house press corp, only to later expose him by leaking his identity to liberal journalists, so that Democrats look like hypocrites "outing" Guckert.

7. Caused the 3 Mile Island incident, scaring people away from nuclear power so they will depend on oil. Oil: the currency of the Republicans. (He also wanted to hasten global warming, see below).

8. Area 51? It's where he was created in a gene experiment combining Hitler (who was captured and did not actually commit suicide) with Machiavelli (they had to go back in time to get him, using Karl Rove's time machine, also stored at Area 51).

9. Is buying up all land 50 miles inland from the coasts, so when global warming raises the sea level, he will own all the prime beachfront real estate. (Why else did you think he wants people to use fossil fuels instead of nuclear energy?)

10. Three people you have never seen with Rove in the same place at the same time: Osama Bin Laden, Oliver Stone, Michael Moore. Think about it.
    Wrote the J-Lo and Marc Anthony duet, just because he enjoys torturing people.

7. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Few people know this, but Karl Rove was also the ref when England beat West Germany in the 1966 World Cup final.

:D

8. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fixed. :D

9. Northcal19

Northcal19 New Member

Feb 18, 2000
    Celtic Tavern LODO (
  10. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crap.... The lawyer is trying to make it look like the guy is an angel....

"Rove gave Cooper a "big warning" that Wilson's assertions might not be entirely accurate and that it was not the director of the CIA or the vice president who sent Wilson on his trip. Rove apparently told Cooper that it was "Wilson's wife, who apparently works at the agency on [weapons of mass destruction] issues who authorized the trip," according to a story in Newsweek's July 18 issue.

Rove's conversation with Cooper could be significant because it indicates a White House official was discussing Plame prior to her being publicly named and could lead to evidence of how Novak learned her name.

So, Ian we were all "making stuff up" weren't we?..And all by virtue of arguing possibilities, which i guess you continue to be unaccostumed to....

What was your previous assertion about? The whole idea of this issue being libs "acting desperate" again? Feel free to neg rep me again....it's almost an honor.....

11. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Really, I don't know where you're going with this. Rove never mentioned her name. It was common knowledge in Washington that Wilson's wife worked for the CIA.

12. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ

Karl Rove is also behind the Backstret Boys, Nstink and Ashlee Simpson

13. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    get a rope

14. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No proof... go back into the liberal moonbat cave and don't come out till you have proof!

15. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can he use the same type of proof you use to "prove" Clinton raped people?

16. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And yet, it wasn't.

17. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From David Corn:

I don't usually log on Saturday evenings. But I've received information too good not to share immediately. It was only yesterday that I was bemoaning the probability that--after a week of apparent Rove-related revelations--it might be a while before any more news emerged about the Plame/CIA leak. Yet tonight I received this as-solid-as-it-gets tip: on Sunday Newsweek is posting a story that nails Rove. The newsmagazine has obtained documentary evidence that Rove was indeed a key source for Time magazine's Matt Cooper and that Rove--prior to the publication of the Bob Novak column that first publicly disclosed Valerie Wilson/Plame as a CIA official--told Cooper that former Ambassador Joseph Wilson's wife apparently worked at the CIA and was involved in Joseph Wilson's now-controversial trip to Niger.
    To be clear, this new evidence does not necessarily mean slammer-time for Rove. Under the relevant law, it's only a crime for a government official to identify a covert intelligence official if the government official knows the intelligence officer is under cover, and this documentary evidence, I'm told, does not address this particular point. But this new evidence does show that Rove--despite his lawyers claim that Rove "did not tell any reporter that Valerie Plame worked for the CIA"--did reveal to Cooper in a deep-background conversation that Wilson's wife was in the CIA. No wonder special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald pursued Cooper so fiercely. And Fitzgerald must have been delighted when Time magazine--over Cooper's objection--surrendered Cooper's emails and notes, which, according to a previous Newsweek posting by Michael Isikoff, named Rove as Cooper's source. In court on Wednesday, Fitzgerald said that following his receipt of Cooper's emails and notes "it is clear to us we need [Cooper's] testimony perhaps more so than in the past." This was a clue that Fitzgerald had scored big when he obtained the Cooper material.

This new evidence could place Rove in serious political, if not legal, jeopardy (or, at least it should)...

But it probably won't. If Americans in general were concerned about the truth and due process and all that legal mumbo-jumbo, this Executive would never have been affirmed. ADAM AND EVE, NOT ADAM AND STEVE! THAT, and killing non-mericans, is what this nation is focused upon, not the law.

18. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/

So we've got Karl Rove's latest story, as recounted by his lawyer, Robert Luskin.

Rove did spill the beans about Plame in an effort to discredit Joe Wilson. Only he didn't mention the name 'Valerie Plame'. He only spilled the beans about 'Joe Wilson's wife'.

I'm no lawyer. But I'd hate to go into court with my case resting on that distinction.

19. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Paging Johnny Cochran, Johnny Cochran to the white courtesy phone...(in Hell)...

20. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Maradona, Bush. Give Rove credit. The guy just has compassion for people struggling with cocaine abuse.

:D

(Just kidding. Diego is a God and I don't buy all that Kitty Kelley ******** about Bush)

21. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

If Wilson's wedding ring don't fit....You Must Acquit! ?

or

22. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Insinuate what you will; you lack facts. This whole affair is all about journalists shielding other journalists; a journalistic failure all around...I have no doubt you liberals think it is your entre to cast mud at Rove (and at Bush) but you lack facts: a crucial ingrediant! Good hunting!

23. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not surprisingly, the Chewbacca defense makes more sense than some of the reasoning I'm seeing from right-wing apologists.

24. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting fact about Luskin, Rove's lawyer.

He took up the appeal of a guy and his wife who were convicted of laundering Colombian drug money through precious metals companies. At some point, the Feds began to believe that Luskin was illegally accepting payment earned by the appellant in his crimes. See, rather than paying with a check, or credit card, or cashier's check, or even cold hard cash, the appellant, convicted of using precious metals companies to launder drug money, was paying Luskin with...wait for it...you won't believe it when you read it...

GOLD BARS.

Luskin, of course, argued that he had no idea that he was being paid with the proceeds of a crime. (I'll give Luskin this...that's some serious chutzpah at work there. "Why, sir, I resent the implication. I get paid all the time in gold bars. Here's my scale that I use to make sure the amount is correct, and over in the safe I keep gold doubloons in case I need change.")

Luskin ended up kicking back half his fee to the feds.

25. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My understanding is other charges (perjury and [I think] obstruction of justice) are also in play, and may wind up being far more important than Plame's status at the time and whether Rove knew it. Afterall, that's how the wing nuts got Clinton.