Furious Drogba

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by LDG20, Sep 21, 2007.

1. LDG20

LDG20 Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Jul 2, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Furious Drogba To Follow Mourinho Out Of Chelsea
    The fall-out from Jose Mourinho's shock departure from Chelsea has begun, with an emotional Didier Drogba vowing to follow the Special One out of Stamford Bridge...

Ivory Coast striker Didier Drogba is reportedly "furious and upset" that Chelsea have parted company with mnanager Jose Mourinho, and is determined to follow the Portuguese tactician out of Stamford Bridge.
    Drogba, 29, was reportedly in tears as Mourinho said goodbye to the players yesterday at Chelsea's training ground.
    And he is now planning to ask for a transfer, according to The Sun.
    A friend of Drogba's told the newspaper: “Didier is absolutely furious with Chelsea and cannot believe they would sack Mourinho like this.
    "He looked on Jose as his mentor and does not know that he can achieve his best form for Chelsea under another coach.
    “It will take a few weeks yet before he’s fit to play but it’s a matter of when and not if that he’ll leave the club.”
    Drogba was Chelsea's leading scorer last season with 33 goals.
    The Sun claims that AC Milan monitored Drogba's availability in the summer and would be prepared to pay £25 million to take him to the San Siro.
    The newspaper adds that Drogba’s close friend, Ghanaian midfielder Michael Essien, is also upset by the dramatic developments at Chelsea this week, while Frank Lampard, described by The Sun as "Mourinho’s most trusted on-field general," has only 21 months left on his current contract and has stalled on negotiating a new one.
    Lampard has persistently been linked with interest from Barcelona and Juventus.
    Portuguese stars Ricardo Carvalho and Paulo Ferreira, who were with Mourinho at Porto and followed him to London, could also be pondering their futures as Chelsea players.
    Meanwhile, Mourinho himself said on Portuguese TV last night: “I’ll take my time and relax after what happened.
    “I’ve worked hard the last few years. I’m not going to rush into a new job.”

I hope that it doesn't affect his scoring ability because he's on my fantasy team haha :(

2. brassmonkey

brassmonkey Member

Oct 10, 2003
  3. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I do wonder if Drogba can perform the same for a new manager. Jose did have a lot to do with how Drogba evolved.

4. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    True, he obviously loved Mourinho. If Jose pops up at Inter, I would imagine they'd make a monster bid for Drogba in January, but if he takes over Portugal, I'm not sure Drogba would want to go. If Sheva becomes the first-choice striker over him, I'm sure he'd ask out, but let's give Grant a chance here.

5. Shwegeh

Shwegeh Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Well now that Inter have ruled out Mourinho, it rule out Drogba going there. I really don't see where JM will end up now, but it'd have to be a major club if Drogba were to move. I couldn't see him wanting out to go to a place like Atletic Madrid, and could they even afford a transfer fee and Drogba's wages?

6. L.G.S

L.G.S New Member

Aug 31, 2006
    England
    Well i was just watching Sky Sports news and its showing Drogba go to the training ground smiling and chatting to the TV crew. Not the look of somebody wanting to leave. And anyway, I posted this in the news thread.

7. ComeOnChelsea

ComeOnChelsea Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Won't our players be cup tied and therefore not moving come January?

8. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    Kenyon said this morning that there will be no mass exodus of players. So if Kenyon says its so it must be. Have you ever known him to wrong? Oh wait.......

9. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    I understand Drogba's frustration, but I hope he doesn't just look at Mourinho's exit but also considers his fans here. Most Chelsea fans adore Didi.

10. no_name1

no_name1 New Member

Sep 21, 2007
    israel
    he say he want to leave when morihnio was in charge too. its just rumurs. if he really like chelsea he shouldent care who the coach are no? managers and players go and leaving but the club allwayes stay. and if he in chlesea just becuse the manager he dont really like your club.

11. Bujdasz

Bujdasz New Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Chicago
    What a ********ing baby,hes getting payed millions to play for Chelsea not Mourinho. He needs to suck it up,wipe his tears and get back to action. Is he not thinking of the fans at all?

12. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    even though you are right in saying Drogba should think of the fans, that doesn't mean he can't be really sad and angry. Money is important but he saw a mentor in Jose and it's not easy to lose someone like that.

Let's not give him a hard time about it.

13. Paulitocv

Paulitocv New Member

Sep 21, 2007
    Not only should drogba be mad the whole team should be mad, i dont know why abromovich didnt get allong with mourinho, he won almost everything with CFC. I am furious and dissapointed myself, sure CFC soccer wasnt as spectacular as other clubs but it got the job done. i mean look at italy, did they win the WC because they played spectacular soccer, no because Italy knows how to control a game and that was basically what chelsea did in a consistend basis. this is reflected in the defeats chelsea had at home under mourinho, ZERO!!!! Thanks Jose!!!

14. Bujdasz

Bujdasz New Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Chicago
    I understand he saw Josie as a mentor or father figure, but he still plays for Chelsea and he needs to keep that in mind. Drogba has to collect his emotions and get it together.

15. tracertong

tracertong Member

May 29, 2007
    Essex , England.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  16. epris

epris Member

May 20, 2007
    Sydney
    Is grant a permanent replacement?

17. newyorkerr

newyorkerr BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 26, 2007
  18. L.G.S

L.G.S New Member

Aug 31, 2006
    England
    Yes.

19. sportscribe

sportscribe Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Stopped reading after this.

And if there's anyone leaving Chelsea it's more than likely going to be one of the Portuguese boys that were brought in by JM- I'd put my money on Carvalho actually.

20. chief232

chief232 Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    If anyone I think it might be Paulo, who is under a lot of competition but may be useful at another club. But I kind of doubt more than one or two people will leave.(Maybe not even)

21. L.G.S

L.G.S New Member

Aug 31, 2006
    England
    Carvs only just said the team needs to stick together and get past this, so I doubt it.

22. KumarsS

KumarsS Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Champaign, IL
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If this is true, which I doubt, Drogba (and whoever else wants to leave) can go eff themselves. They're obviously not dedicated to the team anyway if they want to hightail it as soon as the manager leaves.

23. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Some of them wouldn't even be there any longer if it wasn't for the manager. Remember when everyone and their dog wanted to get rid of Drogba but Mourinho stood by him?

24. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    There's been no confirmation on that. He's the manager for now. That's all we really know.

25. L.G.S

L.G.S New Member

Aug 31, 2006
    England
    Unless it's stated otherwise, you may as well accept it.

Longer than a week is too long, and he's not been sacked yet.