fund raising

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by fonz, Nov 13, 2003.

1. fonz

fonz New Member

Jul 15, 2003
    I don't know if this is the proper board inwhich to ask this question, but I am trying to raise a large amount of money to help get a soccer team over to Europe to play. Does anyone know of any foundations that support this or do you have any ideas? I would really appreciate your help in making a dream come true. Thank you.

2. Shimmy

Shimmy New Member

Jul 25, 2003
    I organized a 5K run/walk as a fundraiser for a club team at the college level. We made about $3,500 which was split between our club and a charity. We used several methods to make money with this: asking businesses for donations, asking people for pledges, and then people actually paying an entry fee to run in the race. The easiest method for us was going door-to-door asking for pledges.

You could also do a car wash, sell magazine subscriptions (such as ESPN), Fazolios and Krispy Kreme have fundraising programs too.

People-to-People sponsored a soccer team that I played on in Australia, but that was a special deal they had with our team. You could ask them if they would fund a portion of the trip if you went under the People-to-People name though.

3. jimmyodonnell

jimmyodonnell Member

May 1, 2003
    US Soccer Foundation might be a place to start. While they're not likely to fund a trip abroad for a single club team, they may be able to refer you to a community of contributors who have pledged a certain amount of money to soccer's growth. It's worth a try -- see usssoccer.com and link to the Foundation page.