Full Documentary Inside North Korea on Youtube

Discussion in 'International News' started by billyireland, Aug 13, 2013.

1. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    I just stumbled upon this a little over an hour ago, and gave it a look since I have never really seen much of anything inside North Korea, outside of the occasional leaked news propaganda. I expected it to be quite interesting, but I did not expect what I just saw. Absolutely incredible, and one of the most eye-opening documentaries I have seen in a long, long time. The last 10-15 minutes (from right after the argument about filming the fisherman at sunset - you will know when you see it, but have to watch all before for context) just blew me away. It also leaves the potentially scary question of what may have happened to the natives who were with them.

It is free in full on Youtube (linked below), so do yourself a favour and hit play!

2. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i'm surprised there's no thread other than this about goings-on in the DPRK, especially in light of recent events. but instead of starting a new one i'll just try to kick-start this one.

for those of you who share my morbid fascination with the land of milk and juche, there are pearls of pseudo-english in here that no number of chimpanzees with with any number of typewriters, nay, not even a Communications 101 professor at any State University could come up with.

http://www.kcna.co.jp/index-e.htm

get it while you still can, because the KCNA is in the process of purging their archives wholesale:

http://www.nknews.org/2013/12/in-1984-moment-n-korea-deletes-near-entirity-of-news-archives/

3. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    But they do have a way with language.

4. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    yes, they got into a right tizzy about scum jang, but you should dig deeper in the archives. there's gold there jerry! gold!

5. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    I don't remember what station it was (Cinemax, or something like this), but there was another documentary about being inside of North Korea that did involve Dennis Rodman's tour there and what happened. Granted, Rodman's an 'interesting' fellow, but it was an equally interesting documentary as well. If interested, I'd certainly recommend checking it out.