@ Fulham

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by thejuggernaut, Sep 17, 2011.

1. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We should have never got rid of Mark Hughes.

2. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Haha, he was on Sky as a studio pundit for our Champions League game, wonder how he was feeling within. He did give fair comments and no lingering bitterness against Mancini to be fair.

Fulham away could be difficult but we have an advantage here in that Fulham played in Europe a day after us and had a tough match against Twente. They did rest a few players like Zamora but we have more squad depth and with only Birmingham until next weekend where Hargreaves, Kolo, and others are expected to play, I expect a near enough full strength team tomorrow.

Must be aware of Dempsey though, he has been a nuisance against us in the past, as has Andy Johnson.

3. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like City with a 3-1 victory.

And a Balo appearance.

4. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    How frustrating was that, 2-0 up, cruising, foot off the pedal and boom... punished. Mancini has improved this team so much but visibly there is still work to do - never sit back unless the lead is truly secure, like 5-0.

At least Kun can't stop scoring, two goals and one ruled out, what an exceptional player he is.

And we really need De Jong back, there were theories that he is no longer needed in our new "attack!" style but today and Napoli both showed that as soon as an opposing midfield is up for it, we look undermanned in midfield and with Kompany looking out of form, we're defensively shaky at the moment.

5. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't expect to win every match, but giving up a two-goal lead against Fulham hurts.

It's hard to beat a team that draws their power from the ghost of Michael Jackson.

6. deadendnights

deadendnights Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reminded me a little bit of the Everton Game las season, we went a goal up and then all of a sudden looked helpless for the rest of the game. I think putting on Zabaleta was a good idea, I'd like to see NDJ come back so we can have some rotation for yaya/barry they looked tired.

7. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never should have taken off Silva best player on the pitch IMO. Should have pulled back a bit and defended more up two. I can understand though with all the attacking options we have it must be hard to convince yourself to take your foot off the gas a bit. No one ever said we would win them all. I just hope we put it to bed and move on and not go into one of our ever so famous City slides :D