Fulham vs the Scum - Pre, During Postgame Comments

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by therealronaldo7, Nov 11, 2004.

1. therealronaldo7

therealronaldo7 New Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    Well, we are less than 48 hours from kickoff for the scum match. Big win for Fulham yesterday in the Carling Cup leaves the confidence at a very high level. I am not sure on the status of Collins John for this match with his thigh strain. He did not play yesterday. Has anyone heard the status of him? What kind of a formation should we play? Who should be in the starting 11? Remember, according to Fulhamfc3, beating Chelsea is only a midset.

2. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

Oct 26, 2004
    Minneapolis
    I had heard that he was out 2 weeks... but I can't seem to find the reference anymore...

3. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
  4. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas
    I did not say only a mindset i said its big to have a good mindset going into the match. Chelscum are playing really well right now and the biggest reason for that is Arjen Robben. Hes been scoring there goals pretty much been the best player in the Premiership for the last 2 weeks.Right now you stop Robben you have a good chance at beating Chelscum.Fulham need to attack and show the whole Premiership that Chelscum defense can be beaten.Fulham have not lost after they have won in the League Cup.

5. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    Sounds like a plan to me. :rolleyes: Any other ideas?

6. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

Oct 26, 2004
    Minneapolis
    Grrrrrr... I'm going to miss the broadcast for this match... I've got tickets for the Gophers-Iowa football game tomorrow and it's the early start (11.00)... Thank god for updates on my cell phone!

Boca's interview on fulhamfc.com is a great read... He's sounding more and more like a Brit every time... But it's definitely fun to notice the difference in his quotes from those of Cookie, etc. Good to see the US Nationals succeeding at the highest level!

COYW!

7. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    I thought the interview was really great. It was interesting to read his comments about how confident the team is right now. I really feel the team feels they can get a tie and maybe even a win tomorrow. Boca knows that Robben and Duff are gonna be tough, but between he and Volzy, I think our Whites will prevail. For those who have not read the Boca piece, here it is:

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/displaynews.asp?id=5607

8. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

Oct 26, 2004
    Minneapolis
  9. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

Oct 26, 2004
    Minneapolis
    *Stands up*

*Looks around*

*Whistles a little tune*

*Wonders where everyone is today*

*Sits back down*

10. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    NOrVA

Its the friday after a holiday, people are either gone or wandering around an empty office like i've been doing

11. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas
    This could be the lineup for the match or at least it should be.

----------------------Cole-------------------Mcbride/Radz----------------

--Boa Morte-------------Bouba Diop--------Pembridge------Malbranque-----

--Bocanegra-----------Rehman------------Knight----------Volz------------

-------------------------------Crossley-----------------------------------

Alright now a little different from the match at Newcastle this time the other forward should be Radz or Mcbride. If you want someone who will win the headers and will play the full 90 and do his best to win then Mcbride should start. If you want a fast player someone who will cause the defense problems then you want Radz. This match it might be best to start Radz he deserves the start he did score 2 against Forest.The defense is going to be big for Fulham. THEY NEED TO STOP ROBBEN.Cant let him do anything at all cant give him any space to create chances and thats tough because he dosent need much space to create.Also Fulham need to get an early goal like before 20 minutes get that early goal. If they can get that early goal then Chelscum might want to go all out and attack and thats great for Fulham.Chelscum dosent usually score more than 2 goals sometimes they only score 1 so if Fulham can get 2 goals then they might be able to get a win or at least a draw.

12. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chelscum?
    Aren't we just so 1980's :rolleyes:

Nice article - i like that yank.

I couldn't stop rolling with laughter after this though..
    Hopefully we can get a point, or perhaps, with a bit of luck, steal a win."

...yep, confidence is on a high lads...bwahahahahaha

13. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Well, Chelsea did win the first 6 or so matches in the EPL as well as CL w/out Robben. He is a great addition, no doubt, and he has been the best player lately, but if you think you can stop Chelsea by stopping Robben, you're WRONG! Putting more than 1 player on him will limit your offense, as well as open up Lampard and Duff more.
    As for breaking our defense, GOOD LUCK! you gonna need lots of it.

14. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    We will see tomorrow won't we? Whether you believe it or not, confidence is high right now. You have a team of world class players at every position, obviosly Fulham does not have that luxury. Fulham has won 5 matches in a row. Anything can happen tomorrow. Don't just think your squad is just gonna show up, go through the motions and three points. It is not gonna be that easy.

15. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    But...but....we spent all that money...[/indignant voice]

16. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Just because Chelscum have bought almost every great player in the world does not mean they will come to the Cottage and STEAL 3 points. If Chelscum could go anywhere and get 3 points then they would be 12-0-0 and have not lost to MAN CITY.

17. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London

Fulhamfc3, that means great news for us...its common knowledge to the locals that whatever Lawro says, the opposite will happen...

Lawro:
    3-1 Newcastle will win
    2-0 Tottenham will win

So on and so forth...

18. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Darn....HEY, is that why they play the games on grass instead of paper...is it...huh huh is it ..is it?

;)

19. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Yea 3-1 to Newcastle whoops made a mistake there.Its kinda funny how everyone was saying oh Newcastle are gonna beat Fulham easy then it was 4-0 and everyone was like WOW. What people dont get is that Fulham have had some horrible refs give matches to the other team Fulham have had everything go wrong for them in the first 2 months and they are still in 12th what happens if things start going Fulhams way wow that kinda scary.

20. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

Oct 26, 2004
    Minneapolis
    Just a couple of hours until what has to be the biggest match of the year so far... can you feel the anticipation? I don't see too many changes comng in the lineup from Cookie... I'm a bit worried about not having Collins John, but I think someone will step up in his stead (McBride, maybe?)...

Still pissed that I won't be home to listen...

COYW!

And, since I have the podium... Go Gophers! Beat the poop out of those darn Hawkeyes!

-J

21. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002

Be sure to drop in and let us know eh?

:D:D

22. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City

well, i guess he was right this time. but your team played well, just Chelsea is 2 tough. No shame in that.

23. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
    Typical arrogant Chelscum fans with no real knowledge of football what-so-ever. With out your russian blood money you have no team and especially no fans. If you drop 2 or 3 games in a month span your attendance goes down.

You having your own board to glot on, run along and one day maybe you'll support a real team.

24. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Years ago, before i moved to the Us, i stood in the North Stand with less than 10,000.
    I went to tyneside with less than 200 one freezing January.
    I used to travel from Germany, when i was stationed there, and could get leave to get back home, to get in the stands.
    I think i know what it's like to be a real fan thank you very much.

There's always been banter between us - some friendly, most not so.

...and it wasn't that long ago that Al-Fayed brought your lot into the Prem with his money!

I do hope that falling glass didn't cut you.