Fulham vs Liverpool-EPL-Apr 21 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Suss, Apr 19, 2024.

1. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    2 points off the top with 6 games to play. Let’s shake off the negativity because the league is not gone.

2. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    What do we change here to get out of this funk? So many players have had their form fall off precipitously its hard to know where to start.

3. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Klopp said he liked a lot of what he saw last night and called it getting “back to winning ways” since we won the game on the night. Maybe he was just trying to be positive, or maybe it was the start of something.

4. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's a rare coach that will not throw players under the bus - so he was definitely trying to be positive....because that was one of the worst performances ever in the Klopp era minus about 15 mins to start the game. It was as bad as either of the two Real Madrid two legged ties (each played in down seasons) where we were clearly outclassed across the pitch.

Last night we weren't outclassed per se - but they didn't break a sweat after 15 mins.

soccershaggy repped this.
  5. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    Does Jota get a start?

6. Binomial

Binomial Member

Liverpool
    Andorra
    Feb 5, 2024
    This is going to be really tough as we witnessed in the cup. Our ineptness since then will only make this harder.

For me it's about fresh legs now, time to instil the faith in the youth again too. They really shone through when we had nowhere else to turn.

Ali
    Gomez Quansah Virgil Robbo
    Trent Gravenberch
    Harvey Mac
    Jota Danns
    Back to the box midfield with 4 in there, try to take back control in there when we've looked a little bit laboured. Gomez Quansah Grav Harvey Jota and Danns to provide the freshness we need.

7. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This is a new feeling: dreading a match in the middle of a title race we're still very much (mathematically) in.

This has draw written all over it.

8. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

If we draw we are no longer in the middle of a title race, so therefore,I think it certainly doesn't have draw written on it. Sure, it will happen if we don;t play well enough.
    However - flip side - win this one and it breaks any kind of funky spell.... at what I would posit is precisely the best moment to do that......
    Arsenal and City are not exactly Happy Campers right now either....

9. Barnsie

Barnsie Member

EPL Club: LFC
    Germany
    Oct 16, 2021
    #9 Barnsie, Apr 19, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2024
    Really, no Salah? Thank God, he's at least able to score penalties for us! In fact, who else has been able to score for us lately, mates? Nothing personal, but we need to get Mo back out there so he can get his mojo back. I'm also a bit leery about Gravenberch playing in our midfield. You want young, how about Curtis playing in the middle?

10. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    The box midfield was a way to gain an extra midfielder with Trent playing 2 positions at once. What you have done is sacrifice a forward.

I think it will be close to the same team that played yesterday, with maybe Nunez or Jota starting. There’s no way Klopp makes that many changes. We’ve had a rough couple of weeks but we are only 2 points off the top with everything to play for. I still feel sick about the Palace result, but now is not the time to give up. The defeatist attitude by many Liverpool supporters has been a bit too much for me.

soccershaggy and bayern is god repped this.
  11. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quansah will start. Konate has been off it the last couple of games.

Jota should start - we are at the point where he needs to play with the starter group or we are going to be giving him nothing again.

Curtis actually played ok yesterday overall - keep starting him to get rythm.

Do you bring Endo back in? Move Mac forward. We wasted him yesterday playing as a 6 again.

Trent starts again.

12. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I would stick with Konate. We did keep a clean sheet, so same back line for me.

Keep Mac Allister at the 6 and keep Jones in the lineup. The third midfielder is up for debate between Dom and Elliott, or he could just start a 4th forward.

Barnsie repped this.
  13. bayern is god

bayern is god Member+

May 26, 2007
    india
    I would start Endo... It's funny all our shit started when he wasn't bossing the midfield like until that City game.

Even if we're chasing a game like at Bergamo I would have preferred to see Endo to gain control in the middle(for long we were looking like headless chickens).

Now I don't know whether he's out of form too but let's work hard and stop conceding sloppy goals, hopefully we take one of the many chances which will fall to us on the other side

14. Barnsie

Barnsie Member

EPL Club: LFC
    Germany
    Oct 16, 2021
    I'm very happy to see Alisson back in front of the net. He's normally a great communicator and, of course, he's a great keeper. I'm also happy to see TAA and Diogo back on the active player sheet. They both may be a bit rusty, but at least they both have fresh legs and TAA, in particular, will sharpen up with playing time and give us back offensive options that have been sorely missed as of late. YNWA!

15. soccershaggy

soccershaggy Member+

May 18, 2003
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Allison
    Trent Q VD robertson
    Endo
    Mac Szobo
    Mo Jota Diaz.

That's what I expect.
    I would start Harvey for Dom, and Nunez for Mo. Maybe Mo not getting a start will light a fire under his arse.

16. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    This probably means trouble but. Fulham are exactly who you want to be playing at this time of the season. They won’t be relegated and they won’t qualify for Europe. Win or lose all their remaining games 100-0 will not change their PL status.

Barnsie repped this.
  17. Binomial

Binomial Member

Liverpool
    Andorra
    Feb 5, 2024
    Not looking forward to this at all, Fulham are a strong side esp. at home and have played themselves in some form since we last played them.

If we turn up like we did on Thursday, we're getting our arses handed to us.

18. Editor In Chimp

Editor In Chimp Member+

Sep 7, 2008
    At some point there’s going to be a progression to the mean and they’re going to score 6 against someone

19. bayern is god

bayern is god Member+

May 26, 2007
    india
    Just Win today... JUST WIN.

Arsenal play Chelsea and Spurs Next.

Somehow get 6/6 against Fulham and Everton and we can take this to the last day.

Come on You Reds.

YNWA.

20. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Come on you REDS

Just win baby…three points!

Lemmyfaith and B.A. repped this.
  21. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #LFC v Fulham: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Quansah, Van Dijk, Robertson; Endo, Elliott, Gravenberch; Gakpo, Jota, Diaz.

Subs: Kelleher, Gomez, Konate, Szoboszlai, Nunez, Mac Allister, Salah, Jones, Tsimikas

22. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jota time!

ynwa

23. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is a very interesting midfield And forward lineup

24. soccershaggy

soccershaggy Member+

May 18, 2003
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Elliott to run the midfield? Gravenberch starting is a big surprise. I'm fine with the forwards.

25. bayern is god

bayern is god Member+

May 26, 2007
    india
    I'm a lil worried about MF with Pahlinha