Fulham v. Manchester United 12/13 [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by JohnnyCash, Dec 6, 2004.

1. therealronaldo7

therealronaldo7 New Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    That is probably not the best idea, despite what he is thinking or not. There is a degree of professionalism that would be missing if Cookie made comments like that.

2. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas

Yea thats true but, its alot better to say that then you go on and on and say things in a nicer way.Its the same thing when Managers say the other team played a great match.

3. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    Fulhamfc3, I do not know how old you are, but unfortunately this is the way life is sometimes when it comes to having to keep your mouth shut and say things in a nice way. I would love to run my mouth off to my clients everyday, and to my boss as well, but I can't be like that. Someday down the road you will learn this. If not, you will more than likely slowly go the way of the buffalo, get sacked and be gone.

4. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    Okay. Go on with your bad self then!

5. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    Okay, enough of the Life Lessons garbage from me today. I hope you really lay it to someone someday Fulhamfc3. I really do! Let me know how it works out for you.

6. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

Oct 26, 2004
    Minneapolis
    Less than two hours to kickoff... once again, I'm stuck with meetings scheduled all afternoon so I can't duck off to the Pub to watch... *sigh*

I'm feeling optimistic yet realistic today... calling for a 2-2 draw... McBride gets on the sheet again this week... worried about the back without Volz, but I think Van Der Sar comes up with some kind of spectacular save today...

7. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    I see a 1-0 win for us. I am also worried about the back without Volzy, but I think somehow, some way, someone will step it up and get the job done!
    Landshark, the match is on tonight on replay on FSW at 7PM CST.

8. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

Oct 26, 2004
    Minneapolis
    Alas, I will be taking my LAST EVER FINAL for my MBA tonight... a decent trade-off to missing the match replay... three years of toiling my evenings away studying financial models and strategic management...

COYW!

9. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    That is not an excuse landshark!!! Just kidding. That is awesome! Good luck on the final!!!

10. Heading over to Lucky Baldwin's in Pasadena, CA right now to catch it. Go Cottagers!

11. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    NOrVA
    2 shots hit the post in the last few minutes

1-0

Man United

12. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    NOrVA
    Big Papa

1-1

From 30

13. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    NOrVA
    Ft 1-1

Full time. Well played by the guys to get a point out of a hot team right now.

If my memory serves me correctly, i think we're 1-0-2 against the Mancs in the last 3 league matches against them.

Where was everyone for the game? At the pub? fulham exiles chat?

Hellooo....?

14. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought you guys deserved at least 1 point from the game, all in all.

Smith should have been called for a foul on his sliding tackle that led to ManUtd's first goal.

Yet another example of the "big" club getting a key call in their favor, IMHO.

15. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    Im gonna be at the Arsenal v Fulham game on Boxing Day. After todays game im really looking forward to it. Could be quite interesting...

16. gdl1958

gdl1958 New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    Go steady as Charlton away will be a good test to see if we can sustain our run. :)

17. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
  18. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
    Re: Ft 1-1

To be honest, I was at a Manure Bar in NYC...and that was the most satisfied I have been when leaving that place. I took alot of ********, but no one could look me in the eye when I left.

These are the times it is most rewarding to be part of FFC...

19. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago

Sorry Johnny, I waited through the work day to watch the game tonight at home on tape delay. What a strike by Papa Bouba Diop in the 88th minute. I did think we deserved a tie at least. I was impressed with Liam Rosenior. He seemed to be better suited as a right winger than a defender, but he played well. The defense bent a few times but did not break. I thought the United goal was a foul on Smith, but that is the way it goes. All in all, I am so happy with the point. Charlton up next at the Valley. This is a huge match. We will discuss that throughout the week here and on www.fulhamusa.com.
    COYW!!!!

PS - Mike that is awesome you got to walk out of the bar with your head up!! Cheer on the Whites and be proud!!

20. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

Oct 26, 2004
    Minneapolis

I got back to my desk and saw the score and was thrilled... especially that we came from 1 goal down... I was so proud to put on my FFC scarf and hat after work... uber-cool...

21. knad110

knad110 New Member

Aug 20, 2004
    Massachusetts

I followed on the web but only got home last night in time to see the last 25 minutes of the replay. Thought the Whites showed a ton of heart and the Diop goal was truly incredible. On to the Valley - keep the momentum and there is a good chance for three points.

22. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas

How many times does Ronaldo dive a match? He was getting some cheap fouls called. Anyway Fulham deserved a point. Coleman has a problem though.Rosenior really saved Fulham a couple of times and was one of the better players for Fulham and Coleman says if you play well you start. So who will start next week Volz or Rosenior.United could of had a couple more goals but, Rosenior was there to make a tackle or block the shot.

23. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    NOrVA

I had that joy last october when Fulham beat ManU 3-1 at Old Tratford.

Cookie always seems to get this team up for the big matches, they don't always win (chelsea) but they play well. Now he needs to get this team up to the same intensity for mid and lower level teams.

24. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How did Bocanegra play?

25. 1fulhamfan

1fulhamfan New Member

Feb 10, 2001
    San Diego, CA
    Did anyone catch SportsCenter on ESPN today? Papa's goal was #2 on their top ten plays of the day!