Fulham v. Birmingham 10/27 [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by JohnnyCash, Oct 27, 2004.

1. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    NOrVA
    Bad news to start out with, it sounded like gentelman jim was just brutally murdered in the broadcast booth.

Still waiting for starting lineups

2. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    NOrVA
    Pouring rain right now

starting line ups

Fulham
    Crossley, Volz, Knight, Rehman, Bocanegra, Malbranque, Diop, Jensen, Pembridge, Boa Morte, Cole,

subs

Flitney, McBride, John, Green, Rosenior,

Birmimgham

Taylor, Melchiot, Cunningham, Upson, Clapham, Anderton, Clemence, Gronkjaer, Gray, Heskey, Yorke,

Subs:

Vaesen, Tebily, Johnson, Lazaridis, Taylor,

3. therealronaldo7

therealronaldo7 New Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    I woud have liked to see Collins John get the start.

4. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London

Thanks Johnny.

5. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    NOrVA
    0-0 at halftime

6. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    NOrVA
    Pembridge puts them up 1-0

now we've just got to hold on

7. 1fulhamfan

1fulhamfan New Member

Feb 10, 2001
    San Diego, CA
    Yessssssssssss!
    A win! I like it!

8. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    NOrVA
    FT

1-0

Pembridge

I think some of the fulham chat room folks were discussing his merits earlier in the game.

9. 1fulhamfan

1fulhamfan New Member

Feb 10, 2001
    San Diego, CA
    Is Jensen injured again?!?! Say it ain't so.

10. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    Big win for the Whites. Let's hope they can build a little confidence from the win on the road. I did ask the question in the chat room about Pembridge. I got the feeling that most people thought he worked hard and he seemed to be liked by most in the chat room. Then, sure enough he scores a goal. It worked out great. I think Crossly had a great game in goal from what Jim was saying on the webcast. COYW!!

11. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
    Jensen was seen limping off by Gentleman Jim...it was after the match going into the tunnell. Hopefully nothing serious.

As for Pembo, he does get alot of crap from some fans about not being premiership quality.

12. TurboRook

TurboRook Member

May 7, 2003
    South Pasadena, CA
    I've been much more impressed with him during these past few matches. He has been our most active midfielder for sometime, but it seems like his passing has improved lately. Maybe better match fitness?

I have to say, I'm still concerned about the 4-5-1. Although it provides better coverage in midfield, none of the current strikers have really shone in the system. McBride looked like he was finally getting a better understanding with Boa Morte and Malbranque in the Liverpool match, but now he's back on the bench. I still think that the best lineup so far was the 4-4-2 that paired Cole and McBride, with Collins John coming off the bench.

13. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    I agree with you that the 4-4-2 is the way to go right now. I think it provides cover in the back and also an attacking presence up front. I hope Cookie goes with it this weekend against the Spurs.

14. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago