Fulham FC Rolling Transfer Window Thread

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by sublicon, May 14, 2008.

1. Mr. Orange

Mr. Orange Member

North Carolina FC
    Apr 7, 2008
    Raleigh
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fulham - Summer 2010 Transfer Window

I know it's a little early, but I've always wanted to start a transfer window thread, and then I saw this...

Fulham could break the bank for FC Twente striker

While the £13m price tag is steep for a club not playing in Europe every year, Roy has demonstrated that he's a pretty good judge of talent, so one would suspect that Ruiz is worth the pursuit. And he's young enough that if he turns out to be the real deal, the club could use him as a foundation to put Fulham in the company of clubs like Everton and Tottenham instead of Sunderland and Blackburn.

Also, assuming that most of the Europa League income gets turned around on the transfer market this summer, is there any other position where it could be better spent? Maybe fending off offers for Zamora or Hangeland, or giving Hodgson a big bonus to make sure he sticks around for a good, long time?

There's no doubt that as a result of Fulham's exposure in Europe this season, if they have any desire to become a perennial Top 10 club in the EPL, now would be a good time to make that push. Regardless, I'm expecting a very interesting summer at the Cottage.

2. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Fulham - Summer 2010 Transfer Window

If Roy thinks he's worth it, I'm all for it. But not if it means that's it for summer spending. We need a couple more younger bodies in there. Plus, someone will certainly leave. What's Hangeland's situ?

3. wingman8

wingman8 New Member

Aug 27, 2006
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Re: Fulham - Summer 2010 Transfer Window

looks like fulham might be getting marc wilson from portsmouth, he looks to be pretty good.

4. Mr. Orange

Mr. Orange Member

North Carolina FC
    Apr 7, 2008
    Raleigh
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Senderos Joins Fulham

Good first signing. I like his size and think he'll provide good cover for Hangeland and Hughes.

5. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    hope he gets his career back on track. there were times when he looked really good for arsenal. keep him away from drogba though.

6. ugen64

ugen64 New Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I expect he will compete with Hughes for his starting spot... Hughes played well this season from what I've seen but Senderos has a lot of potential that he's not going to fulfill sitting on the bench. in 2006 he was - no exaggeration - one of the top 5 defensive prospects in Europe, and it's not like he's especially old today... you guys should be in a pretty secure position, so I think you can afford to give him a run of games (assuming he looks good in preseason / early matches) and see what happens.

7. Mr. Orange

Mr. Orange Member

North Carolina FC
    Apr 7, 2008
    Raleigh
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last season Hangeland and Hughes had over 100 starts between them in all competitions and started together in 31 league matches. On the few occasions when one of them didn't start, Smalling filled in. Now with Smalling gone, Fulham was lacking a defender to fill in should Hangeland or Hughes get injured. Enter Senderos.

I would guess that Fulham begins the season with H&H as the starting CBs, but I'd be very surprised if they both log as many league minutes as they did last season. Also, if (when?) Hodgson goes to Liverpool, who knows what will happen.

8. Mr. Orange

Mr. Orange Member

North Carolina FC
    Apr 7, 2008
    Raleigh
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    I read Senderos is shocked that Roy left. Seems like he may not have an internet connection or have read any newspapers. :rolleyes:

11. AllWhitebeliever

AllWhitebeliever Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2006
    On the injury table
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    Hey, are you guys looking at Shane Smeltz from New Zealand or not? There is a local rumour floating about over here? You guys need a striker with a nose for being in the right place as well as a player who does not lose the ball easily??

12. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We sure as hell need a "striker with a nose for being in the right place as well as a player who does not lose the ball easily"....

But I don't know if Smeltz is that guy. Or if we're looking at him.

13. Mr. Orange

Mr. Orange Member

North Carolina FC
    Apr 7, 2008
    Raleigh
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm thinking that finding a manager might take priority over players at this point.

14. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    -1 for pouring salt on the wound. ;)

15. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You got Moussa Dembele you should be screaming for joy.

17. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll reserve judgment until he successfully makes the (difficult) transition to the EPL, but... a strong, fast, agressive young forward?

Yes please!

18. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    At a way to take advantage of the plight of AZ. Ajax did it too with El Hamdaoui.

19. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rafik Halliche signed. Great back up to Brede and Hughes.

20. Mr. Orange

Mr. Orange Member

North Carolina FC
    Apr 7, 2008
    Raleigh
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Carlos Salcido signed...

Fulham Sign Carlos Salcido

Might mean Konchesky is on his way out. Also sounds like Sparky isn't done in the transfer market.

21. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  22. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Greetings I will be coming to these threads scince Carlos Salcido has been purchased from the club from PSV. I do support the Mexican national team and I know their are alot of USA supporters here as well from what I have been reading from these boards so with that said I only wish to discuss FC Fulham club players and stuff like that and keep national team stuff separate from these boards anyhow Greetings to all!