Fulham after Patrick Kluivert?

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by DaPrince84, Aug 25, 2006.

1. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/5284206.stm

BBC gossip page:

I personally think this sucks for both BMB and Kluivert... imma very big Kluivert fan, and I think it would suck for him to waste a season at a club that will be fighting to stay above relegation...

and with BMB, if Kluivert comes in motivated and healthy, he can look like one of the world's best strikers (even if he is 30)... and that means more bench time for BMB...

how do u all feel

2. schmuckatelli

schmuckatelli New Member

Nov 10, 2000
    Strikers over 30 are notorious for being fragile. Even if Fulham does acquire Kluivert's services, the chances of his playing the full season, and the chances of his going the full 90 in most of those matches would be remote. And that's even assuming he's fit and in form when he arrives. That's a mighty tall pile of "ifs."

3. JuanPeron

JuanPeron Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Vincent and the Grenadines
    Kluivert ********ed up his situation with all the late night partying. He had more ability than most of Europe's top strikers but let the money ($10-14 million a year) go to his head. Plus the time he killed someone.. I'm on the fence I want to set it happen because I would like to see McBride and Kluivert play together but I have a hard time seeing it happen.

4. Tigerpunk

Tigerpunk Member

Jun 17, 2004
    Kluivert's only 30?

I know people don't judge by, you know, performance, but given his performance for Valencia, Newcastle, and Barca the last three years (and only the last two years), I don't see how Kluivert is an improvement over McBride, nor is it a move towards the future.

In league play, he's had 57 games and only 15 goals the last three years, with teams that could just dominate other teams in their league.

5. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    Coleman denied it.

6. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we all know that sometimes denial is the first sign someone's interested. Kluivert's a good player who can and quality to a side but from what I've alwyas heard he's a loose cannon that will either show up or not.If he doesn't produce its never his fault. But given his relase from Valencia you can good him on a free but coulf Fulham afford his weekly wages?

7. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    The Dutch Eddie Johnson.Always looked like he could do great things but rarely did. My Spanish Barca fans HATED him, and were praying that Barca would dump him. He needs many many chances to score. McBride always works hard and surprises in a postive way. Kluivery has a low work-rate and surpises at what he can't do.

8. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha Ha Patrick Kluivert that's funny. :D

9. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    Kluivert would be a complete waste of time and money, don't see it happening.

10. 2-0 Baby

2-0 Baby New Member

Jun 9, 2004
    CO
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel you're overstating it just a wee bit. Kluivert hasn't been any good for like 6 years.

Although I did meet him outside the Nou Camp in '01. He was actually pretty friendly. His BMW SUV was double parked outside of a bank with the hazards on, which was funny because there were spots open all over the place. Classic.

He talked to my brother and I for like 5 minutes. He asked us about MLS.

11. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    I guess I don't really care if this happens.

McBride is retired from the nats so I have no big desire to see him play at Fulham anymore than I do in Chicago. If he finds himself on the bench for Fulham it just means that it's probably time for him to come home and do a farewell tour in MLS.

12. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    And ain't worth the trouble.

13. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I know he hasnt been good... but I feel if he was ever motivated and came in shape he could dominate...

the Eddie Johnson comparisons are not accurate... Kluivert was actually proven but got everything to young and too fast... clinical striker, great skill, good dribbler, prolly shoulda been the best strikert to come out the AJAX system (will never forget that Goal in the Champs League finals in 1995)... if Eddie Johnson had the career Patrick Kluivert has had, we would all call him our savior, lol

14. Blue Eyed Soul

Blue Eyed Soul New Member

Jan 22, 2003
    Gilbert, AZ USA
  15. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Memphis, Tn
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, this makes me think more clint mathis...