FUERA TATA

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Zacarías, Jun 7, 2021.

1. pepito69

pepito69 Member

Chivas
    Mexico
    Jul 27, 2018
    SoCal
    Then maybe Caixinha? He is familiar with Liga MX

2. superm

superm Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    I'm not talking about youth teams. Youth teams are something completely separate as that doesn't really tell you much about the senior teams. Most of our young players don’t transition well to their club or senior team anyway. My theory is that youth coaches value hustle and bustle too much, instead of skill, athletic ability or physical traits. How did Edu Aguirre become the starting striker for our youth teams at all levels us something I still don’t understand. I also don't understand how we always have goalies who are like 5'9" in our youth teams.

Then when we talk about olympics, every Olympic player from the last cycle didn’t do anything besides Vega. All 3 midfielders are absolute shit in Charly, Romo and Cordova. Instead of players leaving for Europe, the clubs made sure none of them left and instead traded everyone within the league. That right there ruin the players and left Tata with players in terrible form as all of them dropped in form and he was stuck with Herrera, Guardado and Gutierrez. That last Olympic team is pretty much lost, besides the defenders and now we aren’t participating in the upcoming U20 World Cup or olympics. We’re in a bad spot for the next World Cup and I don’t see anything changing with Liga MX.

markd132 and Deadtigers repped this.
  3. pepito69

pepito69 Member

Chivas
    Mexico
    Jul 27, 2018
    SoCal
    To be honest, the olympic football tournament is now pretty much an irrelevant competition as clubs aren't required to liberate their players to participate in it. Instead, the focus should be on developing players physically and tactically early on instead of relying on street football skills. It's hard to believe that a country with over 100 million people who breathes football can't produce more talent than that.

Kaney, Deadtigers and superm repped this.
  4. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    Iniesta, Xavi and Messi played like dog shit under tata, saying they didn’t do anything under tata doesn’t mean much. You’re listing a lot of circumstantial things and attributing it to an over all principle: how do you not think youth talent is anything when you look at Brazil, Spain and even Japan do well at youth tournaments then see their results at the senior level?Just coincidence?

Kaney and SGuerrilla repped this.
  5. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
  6. superm

superm Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    What does Iniesta, Xavi and Messi have to do with Mexico? And yeah, Brazil, Spain and Japan did well in the recent olympics and Mexico came in 3rd place. Not sure what exactly you are trying to say or point out. Are Charly, Cordova, and Romo not crap?

I guess when I was talking youth, I meant U17 and U20, since those are the tournaments we do well in, especially the U17. Those are the players that don't transition well to club and/or the senior national team. To some extent, even to the olympic team.

7. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Nuno Espirito Santo. Just saying. He loves Raul.

8. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Thats the last thing we need.

beat junky repped this.
  9. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    throw a brinks truck at him and see if he takes the offer lol

SGuerrilla, Romario'sgurl and LGRod repped this.
  10. Dos_santos

Dos_santos Member+

Aug 10, 2006
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The owners should do a special sale for Europe only. All players under 21 years of age will not be sold for more than 2 million dollars. Lets see what we get in 4-8 years.

Kaney, beat junky, SGuerrilla and 5 others repped this.
  11. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Doesn’t matter, Raul is done

Overachiever, AMLO2018, Kaney and 8 others repped this.
  12. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I feel like there needs to be a Piojo but someone from Europe who would be able to push back against the org. If Lopentegui hadn't taken the Wolves job, I think he would be a good fit.

13. ezyM

ezyM Member

Jun 16, 2005
    I was thinking about Tata yesterday and the consequences that he would of had to face from his native country if Mexico would of won the game and eliminated Argentina. I wonder if these things went through his mind.

markd132 repped this.
  14. markd132

markd132 Member

Tigres
    Mexico
    Jan 11, 2022
    Money crisis in all the clubs

Obviously yes he is going to take a coach job there with boca juniors

ezyM and LGRod repped this.
  15. ezyM

ezyM Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Right, but did this influence his tactics? Guess we’ll never know.

markd132 and LGRod repped this.
  16. 0rdr3Symb0lik

0rdr3Symb0lik Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Now that Fernando Hierro is football director of Chivas is it possible that Chivas as an organization can enter a partnership with Spanish clubs so that it can become an exporter of players to Europe, and therefore help out the sorry state of Mexican soccer? One can only hope

LGRod repped this.
  17. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I doubt Hierro has those kind of connects.

markd132 and LGRod repped this.
  18. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Plus, didn't they have a connection to PSV already?

LGRod and markd132 repped this.
  19. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    How would you even go about turning Mexico into an exporting powerhouse? Or if not that, at least a country with a baseline acceptable level of exportation? I think it's clear it isn't going to happen unless the fed somehow subsidizes transfers to Europe. Our best hope is changes at the local level that will in time lead to more exportation anyway.

LGRod and Kaney repped this.
  20. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    First things first, our clubs need to stop putting a ridiculous price tags on our players

AMLO2018, Kaney, SGuerrilla and 2 others repped this.
  21. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    I dunno if you can. So you do a couple of things. You get rid of the apertura clausura structure. It works great for Argentina because of the high turnover of players and exportation to Europe. It doesn't work for us because we dont have the high turnover and it creates a sense of urgency to win now every 6 months which means our youth gets benched.

Wanna keep that structure? Then you have to bring back youth minimum time played and expand it. No explanation needed there.

TGO, LGRod, Kaney and 4 others repped this.
  22. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    And our players have to stop being dumbasses and not sign extensions or go back to Mexico when they're free.

TGO, LGRod, Kaney and 3 others repped this.
  23. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    On picante the mentioned Pochettino and the current Ecuador coach are leading candidates, I hope there’s no truth to this

Kaney repped this.
  24. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Alfaro is good. Doubt Ecuador let's him go.

25. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    He completely fumbled the third game against a Mane-less Senegal and cost them the World Cup