Fubo TV to Add ESPN/ABC/Disney/NATGEO/FX Networks

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Marius Tresor, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    This is great news and makes Fubo TV the undisputed #1 soccer (and probably all sports) streaming service.

The Fubo TV streaming service is really terrific. In my experience it is virtually glitch free, 60 fps on sports channels (and maybe all channels?), and it has some nice features, like automatically archiving all games for 3 days (if I recall correctly).

But of course there will be a price increase over current rates. It should be worth it since you will be able to get just about all the soccer, and other sports, that are available for viewing in the USA in one service. If you add ESPN+ at $4.99/month, that should cover almost everything significant. Here is information and some details from Fubo:

https://support.fubo.tv/hc/en-us/ar...will-Disney-ESPN-channels-be-added-to-fuboTV-

2. teamitup76

teamitup76 Member

Mar 25, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yeah there is. So I have the Latino package now for $17.99with BeIN channels, Fox deportees, Goltv Spanish, TUDN, etc. JUST got an email that because Disney is coming, that they are switching my package to Latin Bundle and price is going to $29.99/month. What? They are adding one channel, ESPN DEPORTES. I’m not happy.

3. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My $10 plan was increased to $15 and they’re only adding ESPN deportes. And the big packages are losing the Warner media channels, so I’m no longer interested in switching.

4. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    Well, it sounds like you were "grandfathered" into some super cheap plan with Fubo. It seems that their cheapest base plan now is the Latino plan at $29.99. Fubo is a much more complete service now, and it probably should not be viewed as a cheapo additional service to have. Although, it was disappointing to see them drop the Turner networks today. Hopefully, they will get those back. But in terms of soccer, losing TNT and TBS means no loss of soccer, right?

5. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    #5 Marius Tresor, Jul 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    I don't think Fubo's Latino package is a great deal at $29.99. Fubo Standard is being converted to Fubo Family and is going up from $54.99 to $64.99, but it will include the expanded DVR storage and an extra stream. So, that is a $16 value added for $10. Plus, that will include the Disney channels (ABC, Disney, ESPN, FX, National Geographic, etc.). The International Sports add on package is going up one dollar. Apparently, that is for the addition of ESPN Deportes.

Losing the Warner/Turner channels sucks, but I guess Fubo wanted to hold down the price increase, and maybe Warner/Turner would not agree to have all their channels pushed into an add on package. Maybe Fubo will add them back later, but with another price increase? Anyway, seems like a pretty good trade off. In terms of sports, we are only talking about losing some basketball on TNT and TBS, as far as I can tell, and no soccer. I hardly ever watch TNT or TBS, so someone else can correct me on that, it I am wrong. But the Warner/Turner channels Fubo is losing are apparently:

General: TNT, TBS, and TruTV

Movies: TCM

News: CNN, CNNi, CNN en Espanol, and HLN

Cartoons: Cartoon Network, Boomerang, and Adult Swim

With the launch of HBO Max recently, I would not be surprised to see them add these channels eventually. But who knows... The TCM movies are already on there.

6. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I have the original plan that Fubo offered. It was originally $7, then $10, and now going up to $15. It has BeIN Sports (English and Spanish), Univision, Unimas, TUDN, TyC Sports and GolTV Spanish. They’re adding ESPN deportes and increasing it to $15. I already have ESPN Deportes through DirecTV. I was going to get rid of DirecTV outright and switch to the full Fubo package, but I’m no longer interested with the dropping of the Warner Media channels. Although it would probably still be cheaper to get Fubo and Sling Blue ($30 per month) than to go on with DTV unless they agree to continue my credits.

I may drop the Grandfathered Fubo package as Fanatiz now archives the la liga games and all I’d be missing is the ability to record GolTV games, which I never do anyway. Although the Fubo PQ looks better to my eyes than Fanatiz. I have to keep Fanatiz because one Boca or River game per week is a Fanatiz exclusive.

7. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    I just opened up Fubo and there are a whole bunch of new channels!

ESPN, ESPN Deportes, and the whole family of ESPN and Disney channels, plus additional Fox channels, and National Geographic channels, all together in one place. I know this was expected, but what a nice thing to see!

HomietheClown repped this.
  8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Well, I am on the app on my iPhone and ESPN Deportes is not working...

9. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    ...after updating the fubo app in the app store it is now working. :thumbsup:

10. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Just like the Sling app you cannot record on the channel which was expected.

But something that makes it a bit better than Sling is you can pause and rewind though.

11. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I initially got an email that my grandfathered Fubo Latino was going up from $10 to $15 per month. But they actually never raised the price. I don't get ESPN Deportes on it, which is fine, since I already get it through DirecTV.

12. alexolympiacos

Mar 5, 2010
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    I noticed that as well.

But for me, I rarely watch ESPN live anyway and pretty much every program except for NFL games are archived on the ESPN app after they are completed anyway.

As long as I have access to the app, I’m OK.

13. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HomietheClown repped this.