FSW on Comcast Cable

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Mississippi Flash, Dec 29, 2002.

1. seahawkdad

seahawkdad Spoon!!!

Jun 2, 2000
    Lincoln, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nor have I. They've been great to deal with. Even were able to troubleshoot a box problem over the phone.

But, whether Dish or Direct/TV, it's much better than what those cable whores offer.

So much cleaner, so to speak...

2. billf

billf Member+

May 22, 2001
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From my brief experience this is true. A dish isn't for everyone, but compared to my experience with Comcast, DIRECTV is heaven. When I set the dish up two weeks ago I asked if the NHL Center Ice PPV package was still full price knowing that they usually run a mid-season promotion with a discount. I also knew that digital cable was running a free preview and discount starting yesterday (Jan 6), so I asked if they had any promotions coming up. I figured if waiting would save some bucks, then I'd wait until it was cheaper, especially considering that we already paid full price for it on cable. They said no, so I added it at full price because the wife had me under orders to keep her supplied with hockey.

Well last night I saw that they were in fact running a promotion that amounted to a $60 savings, so I called to ask what they could do. It only took me three minutes to get some compensation and I didn't even need to speak with a supervisior or raise my voice! Similar problems with cable took hours and several call to resolve.

3. eric515

eric515 Member

May 8, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright, lemme get this straight: Comcast owns the Philly WUSA Team, and Cox, Inc. owns the Atlanta Beat...why were we unable to get solid I/O's like this involved in MLS??