FSW Near SFO?

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by skinut, Oct 30, 2003.

1. skinut

skinut Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2000
    Castle Pines, CO (or often elsewhere on earth)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lone Fire Fan stuck on business near SFO on Sat. 11/1 -- looking for a watering hole that has FSW that might be willing to switch 1 set to the Chicago/DC match.

Any ideas of anything in the area?

Thanks.

2. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know of anywhere near the airport, but you probably could go to the Kezar Pub at 770 Stanyan Street, San Francisco. Quakes fans will be there for the Quakes' game, so it's pretty likely that they would show the preceding MLS game on FSW.

If you don't have a car, you can get there on public transit, taking BART into the City and transfer at Civic Center station to the MUNI Metro light rail line "N-Judah," which will take you near Kezar, located across the street from Golden Gate Park and Kezar Stadium, just south of Haight Street. Perhaps an SF resident on this board could suggest exactly where you should get off the MUNI train. See www.bart.gov and www.sfmuni.com for maps and schedules. If you have a car, there's paid parking in the Kezar Stadium lot across the street.

3. skinut

skinut Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2000
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Noah, I appreciate the help!

4. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Noah has it down. My best word of advice is to take BART from SFO, San Bruno, or Milbrae to anywhere in downtown SF, and then hop on the N-Judah to Kezar. You will have to get off at the street closest to Stanyan and then walk a block or so north. Hope to see you there, and just look for the loud fans with the Quakes garb. Cheers!

5. skinut

skinut Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2000
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks

A big thank you to all the Quakes fans who played host to Diana & I on Saturday night at Kezar. We had a great time and you were wonderful hosts. Special thanks to Sean, John, Laura, Nap & Alexi who adopted us and Sean even loaned Diana a Quakes jersey for the match (not sure it brought any luck given the outcome).

Thanks again - we had a great time.

6. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anytime. Let us know if you make it back to the Bay Area for a game, and stop by at the Club Quake/Casbah tailgates for beer and some grub. Cheers!