FSW is showing the 11/9 SJ-LA game again on Friday 11/14!!!

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by dk_dynamite, Nov 11, 2003.

1. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    whew thanks Goodsie:)

2. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp No problem. :)

3. doppelganger

doppelganger Member

Jul 6, 2001
    santa cruz, ca
    to whomever is watching the rebroadcast, who is doing the announcing? the homers from LA or did they have someone voice over? Spanish? I cannot wait until I get home to find out....

4. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Max Bretos and Rick Davis

5. europa1057

europa1057 New Member

Jul 24, 2002
    California
    I haven't been paying much attention to the announcing. I've been singing along with the casbah. :)

6. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    What? You mean they didn't bring in Martin Tyler to do commentary on the most important match in MLS history?

7. NO1CXPERT

NO1CXPERT New Member

Jul 11, 2001
    R.W.C. baby!!

YES,I DO HOPE SOMEONE OUT THERE IS TAPING IT!

I WAS @ THE GAME THAT NIGHT AND I WOULD LOVE TO ADD THIS GAME TO MY SOCCER-GAMES COLLECTION. I'VE GOT A "2001 ROAD TO THE CUP-EARTHQUAKES VIDEO" AND A "1996 INAUGURAL MLS-SEASON" VIDEO TO TRADE WITH ANYONE THAT RECORDED THE GAME.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU'D RATHER TRADE OR NEGOTIATE SOMETHING ELSE.

E-MAIL J.CARLOS : WEBCORNER@RCN.COM

MUCHAS GRACIAS!!!

>>>>>>>>>>LONG LIVE THE 'QUAKES!!!!<<<<<<<<<<

8. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    Bretos and Davis are doing a pretty good job of announcing like they didn't know what happened. Only one slipup, so far.

9. mad4soccer

mad4soccer New Member

Aug 23, 2001
    Santa Cruz County
    New commentators

For those of you who got to see the Shootout version versus the currently airing FSW version, the difference in the commentary is hilarious!

The Shootout version was the LA feed (the audio was an LA radio broadcast) and was totally biased toward LA. I liked it better than the FSW version just because you get to hear the LA commentators eat crow live. But it is interesting see how complementary to the Quakes the FSW announcers are (contrary to the Shootout feed).

-- Marc

10. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UGH! They had different commentators on this one?!!! Was it a better feed too?!

No, don't tell me, I didn't record this one.... I don't wanna know!! :mad:

11. keepit0

keepit0 Member

Aug 15, 2001
    I'd also like to get a copy of the game. I've been a season ticket holder for the last 6 years, and had to skip out on this game. Grrrr.

If someone could make a tape for me, I'd be willing to buy it. Please e-mail!

mmmm_888@yahoo.com

Thanks!

12. worldcupz

worldcupz New Member

May 30, 2003
    Watched it at Rawlings in San Mateo...Glad I did..Had to ask bartender to turn it on... Only myself and two ladies seemed interested...that was sad.

13. cpwilson80

cpwilson80 Member+

Mar 20, 2001
    Boston
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Loved watching the replay last night. While watching on Yahoo Platinum, I missed the subtle move by Walker that helps on the Agoos free kick. Watch on the replay how he comes running off the wall toward the goal and draws Marshall off the post he was guarding, thus giving Agoos even more room to shoot on goal. Check it out here:

http://www.mlsnet.com/multimedia/pepsi/index.php#archive

Reminds me of how RVN at Man U is doing this thing how he starts in an offside position and then runs back onside just as the ball is kicked.

14. cpwilson80

cpwilson80 Member+

Mar 20, 2001
    Boston
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, depends on who the two ladies were ;)

15. doppelganger

doppelganger Member

Jul 6, 2001
    santa cruz, ca
    Simon Elliot called the Fire-Revs match and everytime the fact that it was San Jose playing the Wiz tonight, Simon would get really quiet....at one point he even said he felt sick to his stomach thinking about it.....CLASSIC!

16. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud New Member

Apr 5, 2003
    Mountain View
    I was at the game and just got to see the rebroadcast. Some new observations.

Mulrooneys cross on the Roner goal is my assist of the year MLS wide. Holy Cow.

Much as I hate to say it Ruiz didn't look right. Usually in a game like this he hangs out in the circle and looks to break out but the only time he did it in this game he didn't shoot and tried to pass through the entire Quakes D.

I don't think any of the goals were offside, but a couple of the misses might have been.

The Quakes got the majority of the close calls but I think they earned them by being the more aggressive team for most of the game.

LA didn't defend at all in the middle of the field. Thanks for that tactic guys.

On the broadcast the crowd noise is very low. Sometimes it is gone completly. Which really stinks. Nothing like being there that night.

And I thought it was obvious that the announcers new the outcome before the broadcast. A great game deserves a better commetary.

17. MarlinS

MarlinS New Member

Apr 20, 2003
    San Antonio
    SJ LA game 2 on video

Did anyone tape this game and would be willing to make a copy? I would be more than happy to send a blank tape, return postage, and as a thank you a signed Preki Upper Deck card.

I had a brain lapse on friday and forgot to program my VCR.

Marlin