FSU Politics/Current Events V

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Real Corona, Mar 7, 2011.

1. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Lomachenko joins the military, a guy who gets bashed by Ukrainians for speaking Russian and loving our brotherly roots as he's a proper Eastern-Orthodox lad. Usyk too, social media comments from some dumbass Ukrainians treat him liek a traitor. This is all so fvcked up...everyone is at fault for this

Ukraine is actually winning so far, but I think Russia is just fighting mostly conventional war out of respect for Ukraine, they are getting embarrassed tho and there's no way they will accept defeat on the soil of invaders with American & German weapons, only a matter of time for the most scariest weapons the world has ever seen are used. Putin avoiding that as he sees

Everyone is loving the bravery and the funny memes, there's almost a lack of comprehending that this isn't a movie or video game. This is frightening.

2. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Yeah, war as spectator entertainment is awful. Haven't evolved much since gladiator games.

Russia can spin a peace agreement to their domestic audience. "Lives were lost but Russian security has been assured." I just don't see Ukraine parting ways with Lugansk and Donetsk.
    The meeting wasnt a complete waste. UA representatives report that Russia has dropped ultimatums

3. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    All Russian clubs and national team has been banned from UEFA/FIFA.

4. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Fifa and uefa have dropped Russia from all competitions.

No Russia in WC playoffs
    No Russia women's team in Euros
    No spartak in Uefa

I'm not sure, but I would reason to guess no Russia in Nations League. Not sure about the next round of euro qaulifiers

I feel bad for Smolov and others that have spoken up.

Respect for the dominator "Hasek" calling out Ovechkin. I understand Russians in Russia face brutal consequences for protests. But Ovechkin is in the US. He is too big to be canceled. He can always move his family to US. He has open access to western media. No excuse.

5. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Ukraine is Black Lives Matter on nuclear steroids. Zelensky is a puppet of unbelievable proportions. This is basically Stalin vs. Trotsky right now and its getting scarier every day. This needs to end asap, if Ukraine is semi-lucky Dnipro will divide the countries, and they'll keep Lviv as the capital and landlocked. Or Ukraine stays as a country as is just under new political control. Probably for the best going forward in a post-2020 world where Canada is locking bank accounts for protesting and Australia building concentration camp type detention centers for covid and turned Djokovic into Jackie Robinson Jr. The other option is Nuclear Holocaust in case USA & EU keep embarrassing Putin like this.

I read a lot of Russian history during lockdown in 2020, this is Civil War between Eastern Slav Vikings (The Rus). Kyiv is the epicenter of Russian culture, once it was Rurik's great great grandkids, they also warred with each other to assume a better principality. War is part of mankind, after World War 2 we thought we learned our lesson but every 100 years or so this happens. Problem now is there are Thanos weapons. People just have to come to the reality that Ukraine can never be out of Russia's sphere, culturally & politically. This is classic divide & conquer strategy. Drive the wedge in the wound, in USA its the blacks are victims in Rus world Ukraine are...

6. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I'm honestly not sure what that was all about. You may have lost the plot

7. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I was going to say the same thing.....not quite sure where he was going there.

8. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    No buddy, I think you did.

Don't worry tho, the world will see how there are 2 actual Ukraine's at the conclusion of truce negotiations (hopefully some day soon). Ukraine fvcked up, they actually fired Sheva because he speaks Russian. Dnipro top capo refuses to talk to me in Russian for 2 years. Ukraine went woke, 1619 Project rewriting of history in the Wild Wild East

The world changed in 2020 and you are absolutely oblivious to it. This dumb bitch actually admitted to it live on USA new haha

https://rumble.com/vw40to-ukrainian...xM-vUKf2xJRqxSY6DCoGxI-MA_TR62vNSumzQgex65McE

9. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
  10. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    yes I’m sure they will look back fondly on when the Russians invaded, slaughtering thousands of their people, levelling their towns and creating millions of refugees. Seems plausible.

Chesco United repped this.
  11. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    The world's #1 tennis player being humiliated and treated like Jackie Robinson Jr. for deciding not to be a lab experiment and having health problems like the hundreds of soccer players in the world now also seemed implausible just a year ago

Ukraine will keep all its identity in exchange for Bandera & Pedlyura being deemed traitors forever. All the 1619 Project teachings brought about after Maidan will be burned forever and Russia will rebuild what they damaged. Russia needs demographics, Ukraine needs money & infrastructure, win-win

You probably don't know Russian-Ukrainian history but my friends from western Ukraine love cheering for Germany and hate Russia, I despise Germany with every bone in my body and am sympathetic to Russia. Those days will be over soon, there will be 1 Ukraine not 2. Maybe not in our generation or the next, but that will be our destiny

and I don't even claim to know it all like some, always trying to learn. Delving deep into Ukrainian nationalism movements right now to get a better understanding of the other sides. The peace negotiations will be fascinating. Can't wait to see the elaborate plans final details. Hopefully no more than 2 weeks from now

12. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I don't know you in person - just as an Avatar/member. You and i have been posting here for 15 years, though considerably less in the last 7 years - you seem like a good guy. But your opinion on the subject is just entirely adrift from reality and history. Its just not even worth addressing. I'm sorry mate

13. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    #2463 rbubela, Mar 4, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2022
    Soccer related stuff

Rakitsky left Zenit

Tymoshyuk remains at Zenit. Odd. Veronin left Dinamo Moscow stating he could coach in a country attacking his.

Ukraine asked to postpone qaulifier

Any word on any footballers joining national defense?

14. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Not Ukrainian ones.

15. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Actually that's the thing, I think I have studied our history extensively, during quarantine lockdown after being expired to delve deep after watching the new movie about Vladimir the Great flying back from snowboarding in Feb. 2020 super bowl weekend. I think the disconnect is you haven't learned the lesson of how Kievan Rus fell to the Mongols, all split up living lazy, forgetting what brought us together. Always meant to be together, that's why they are dividing us with the Ukrainian version of the 1619 Project (same thing in Montenegro with their Serb identity crisis and NATO involvement)

Tymoschuk basically like me, gives it even more credence him being from zapad which is essentially a different country (in a good way). Funny how Usyk & Loma are lauded now as heroes when 10 days ago most Ukrainians on social media considered them traitors to Ukraine for speaking Russian and praising our Eastern-Orthodox brotherhood

I get the feeling UEFA will flip Ukraine & Poland, delaying our game would mean Wales needs to be delayed or play on a separate later window with us. Maybe they'll just be nice and give us 1 game, otherwise with 2 we're fvcked, this is a nightmare. Buschan, Zabarniy, Shaparenko & Tysgankov haven't played in 3 months, let alone Matviyenko, Stepanenko and Mudryk...

Is that pick of Dynamo Kyiv all geared up for war real? Pic was grainy but for sure seemed to identify Boiyko & Karavaev in the front

16. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #2466 windycity, Mar 5, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
    “Win-win”? That’s one of the sickest, most twisted things I’ve ever heard. I’m sure the thousands of people dying, the innocent wo men and children and civilians being murdered by Putin felt/feel like they were/are winning. Even if Putin conquers the Ukraine, he won’t be able to hold it. And even if he somehow manages to, all the best and brightest will leave and Russia will be left controlling a county full of pensioners and the disabled, that will sure help Russia’s “demographics”.

As for Ukraine needing money and infrastructure, apparently you need the obvious pointed out to you. They need money and infrastructure because Russia is destroying their infrastructure and more now. They wouldn’t need it rebuilt but for that. Not to mention that the idea of investment from Russia is comical given Russia is the economic equivalent of a huge gas station. Putin and his gangster oligarchs have robbed the Russian people blind and have not invested in their own country. The crime against humanity he’s committing in Ukraine is also an attempt to deflect from his criminal and gross incompetence managing the Russian economy to the detriment of the Russian people.

Frankly your “demographics” and 11th century Varangian b*llsh*t as a rationale for this horror sounds like something Goebbels would say. Just a variation on Lebensraum. If the Ukrainians wanted to be part of Russia or in its orbit, they wouldn’t be fighting so hard.

Putin is a dictator and sick war criminal and no normal person can support what he is doing. He is damaging the Russian people too.

17. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Straight from the horses mouth

18. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Straight from war criminal Putin's guns

upload_2022-3-7_10-17-44.jpeg

19. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    The fact you're even in this thread is a microcosm of the problem of Ukraine, we're being used as a chessboard. This is really USA-EU vs. Russia, just stay the fvck out of Ukraine and let us live. Y'all didn't give a shit about us before and you won't give a shit about us after Russia wins. Take your BLM and mask wearing virtue signaling and idi na xuy along with the Russian warships

Ukraine was fvcked by 1994 Budapest Memorandum broken promise (USA has no credibility anymore and N. Korea will never give up Nukes now), and Russia was fvcked by NATO broken promises as well. Complete lack of respect and some larger fear of our beastly Slavic race with shades of World War 2 master race theories (if the reports of bio-labs proves to be true)

20. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #2470 windycity, Mar 8, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
    Perhaps Russia should follow your advice and stay the fvck out of Ukraine? I know this is difficult to believe but it certainly appears the Ukrainians don't want you there, what with all the Russians they're killing. Or maybe that's just how they welcome friends in Slavic lands? Did you discover that in all the history you've been reading?

As for Russia winning, depends what you think the goals are, right? That's certainly quite the effective army Russia has. In any case, I bet you thought this was gonna be a lot easier than it's proving. And if the long-term goal is bringing Ukraine back into Russia, good luck with that lol.

Russia will be China's puppet at the rate it's going. It's sad you can't see how Putin is robbing the Russian people of their money and their future.

21. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Utmost Respect to Anatoliy Tymoschuk. Lad is from western Ukraine yet not involved with the Group Think

Me and him would literally be killed in Ukraine now for thinking the way we do, just like the Ukrainian delegate at the 1st peace talk negotiations recently was as well. If you support this style of fascism then you really don't have a mind of your own.

22. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Thinking the way you do? I'm still not quite grasping what exactly is your stance on this conflict? Your posts have been all over the place.

23. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I haven't studied our history "extensively" but perhaps you can explain how proto-fuedal history effects contemporary conditions.

I also don't know what you mean by "together." In fact, the opposite is true. The world was ethnically far more diverse before larger states assimilated, destroyed or otherwise hegomonized subjects. Just within a 100 square miles or Rome lived the Etruscians, Samnites and probably at least a 1/2 dozen other distinct groups living on the Italian peninsula. Yet, within a few hundred years all were considered Roman, all are considered Italian today despite distinct cultural differences in the North and South. The Aztecs ruled over 300+ tribes in an area smaller than present day Mexico. Priot to Kyiv, Novgorod, there were multiple Slavic tribes with varrying identities living in what today is Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, Poland. You're out here celebrating Kyivan Rus when they may have pillaged and subjected your east slavic ancestors.

The current ethnic makeup of the Caucasus is a pretty fair view of how things were but even the region has had a lot of ethnic upheaval due to Turkish, Russian/Soviet intervention (genocide).

The current nation state model, which with it comes the respect of sovereignty, is likely the best political model we have come up with. I mean defense spending for most countries is 3-4%. Han China, Roman Empire, Ottomans had defense spending of nearly 50% and even 80% during campaigns.
    Myth building about ethnic origin, what land belongs to whom is just idiotic. There seems to be strong overlap regarding genocide and disposition towards historical cultural myths.

24. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    There's no group think going on. Unguided cluster munitions are being dropped in town/city squares. This is beyond political talk show discussion points and no youre not a 'sophisticated contrarian thinker' - you're just odd, so much loose associations that you don't make sense. How far have you traveled down the Qanon rabbit hole?

25. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I've been a liberal snowflake my whole life until 2016, so those Qanon and Fox News jokes mean nothing to me. I used to do that smug nonsense to others as well. Btw I agree with almost everything you said in your 1st response, problem is you just haven't caught on about the true culprit. Below should help, if you are capable of hearing different perspectives before drawing conclusions

Lecture from 2015

Same guy giving Q&A last week
    https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-an...XyMMDOApNFSMrLjb1RjNssFQyk0rhFYxbbPTE5b7k0UPo