FSU Politics/Current Events V

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Real Corona, Mar 7, 2011.

1. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I suppose nobody would have died if you know...Ukraine just decided their goal isn't to join NATO and just be the buffer zone independent country it always was and was meant to be

I shared the link of Arestovich predicting all out war from 2019, said it would take place from 2020-2022 time frame. The goal is to beat Russia and join NATO as the reward. These people are lunatics and you're an absolute muppet to be following them in lockstep

I've shared multiple clips here that you've ignored so definitely not about to waste my time on your demands. The most important clip I shared was of John Mersheimer, considered one of the great geopolitical minds of our time explaining in 2015 in a Univ. of Chicago speech what would happen and what indeed happened. You didn't watch a lick of it.

Lol @ threatening to ban me for a lack of sources. Cali snowflake is starting to melt, crumbling like Ukraine's defense of Donbas. This is a dinosaur soccer forum and we're all average nobodies, you think too highly of yourself to want to use your dictatorial powers here like Zelensky did banning opposition political parties lmao! This just made my morning tho, you should add a fact check tab to my posts like fakebook does to every post trying to share the truth haha

2. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Sorry, you are unable to bounce ideas off one another. You just confirm information that you already believe.

I already addressed Mershmier. It's you that constantly runs away from rational discussion and brings up 5 different tangents.

Every once in a while an academic and their theoretical school face the moment when the rubber hits the road.
    Mershmier thesis is a) the west doesn't care about Ukraine b) Russia will fight Nato encroachment

A) like I said before. Mershmier seems to miss human capacity to mythologize. Everybody in the west seems to care about Ukraine - from Paul McCartney to Macron (there's levels of caring and engagement but sympathies are with Ukraine, no doubt). The reason why the West cares is because Ukraine is a small, young republic, fighting for its democratic independence, championing values that are familiar to us (the west), and going through the birthing pains of democracy that is familiar to most of the west starting in grade school. Shared values can transcend ethnic/linguistic bonds.

B) it appears Russia cares less about Nato and more about imperial expansion, regaining republics lost post ussr. No one in Russia seems to care that Finland and Sweeden have joined Nato and I wonder what Mershmier would say if he lived/made his home in Helsinki. Russia doesn't care about Nato in Sweeden/Finland because Russia, like the West, has mythogized this conflict. Their myth being that Russia should lord over most of Eastern Europe and that Kyivan Rus is somehow related to contemporaneous Russia. Myths also have levels of plausibility. Civil Rights is a myth but seems embedded in human capacity for empathy. Other myths - psychic powers, historical revisionism - have less support of being embedded in some substrate in reality and border on just being a lie

C) Mershmier operates from theory of realpolitik - which supposes that leadership (elected or bureaucratic) are guided by cost benefit and therefore make rational decisions which the realpolitik school believes has become increasingly more relevant in the age of nuclear proliferation. Like I've already said, humans have an amazing capacity to create stories that are not based in reality and Mershmier seems to miss that.

Mershmier was right that Putin would rather destroy Ukraine than watch it leave for Europe

goliath74 and yasik19 repped this.
  3. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Speaking of NATO: NATO's base in Estonia is closer to Moscow than any such base would be in Ukraine. Clearly, Russia does not care about NATO. Russia wants to liquidate Ukrainian independence

4. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    He was right about practically everything

Btw surprised that Yasik The Basic didn't post about how Russia bombed their own prison holding Azov members about to face trial and singing like canaries lol..

5. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Yes, and how Ukrainians castrated their own soldier. I guess every independent source has blamed Russia, but Footy knows best....after all, Channel 1 told him so.

6. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    He was right about everything except those 3 items I brought up

I took you a few days for someone else to come up with that conspiracy to show up here. Delusions aren't even original.

7. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Just found out Merscheimer is on a list of people banned from entering Ukraine, pure evil

Mainstream media starting to say some ugly things about Ukraine, NPR and NyT are changing tune. An 82 year old drunk witch is trying her best to make Ukraine old news by passing the baton to Taiwan

8. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
  9. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I don't know why he is referred to as "US military expert." The reference is a guy on YouTube with lots of military experience, seems knowledgeable, but don't know how he is an expert.
    But that's the likelier explanation. An Himars attack and only UA POWs die. What about the RU guards? Ukraine had previously exchanged for Azov prisoners from Azovstal.

10. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
  11. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I think it is rather interesting that her activation coincided with a few other sources bringing up the same very argument, despite there being absolutely no evidence to support this line of inquiry.

12. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I've been to her office in the early days of the war to get info about how to get my cousins wife & daughter to USA, surprised she's calling out the evil regime. There's another Ukrainian lady in Indy running against a Black Lives Matter mafia establishment who never loses elections. She won't win regardless, but one of my Bandera fan boys heard she's pro-Russian (she's Jewish from Odessa)

Btw Ukraine has been pounding the nuclear power plant in Endogar with rocket attacks past several days, has that made the headlines on any of your fake news platforms you follow? Or just celebrating Crimean successes while ignoring getting obliterated in hell on earth Soledar & Peski?

13. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Interesting read. Hopefully, UA military can speed up professionalization

14. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Not very surprising to be honest.

15. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Interesting offensive. The Ukrainian army continues to improve on the fly. Hopefully the momentum can be sustained

16. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Footy must think it's "victorious retreat". Lend-lease starts in 3 weeks.

17. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Who cares what he thinks.

18. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    More mass graves to discover. It's going to be a tough decade

19. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hey, how's that reuniting Kievan Rus thingie going? I'm hearing Putin's dates are standing him up? That's so woke

yasik19 repped this.
  20. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Windy, Putin's not representing Kyivan Rus. He represents the Horde.

21. GalaxyBowl

GalaxyBowl Member

LA Galaxy
    Aug 21, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    American funding for Ukraine is almost about to dry up. Congress still hasn't passed anymore funding for the war effort as the GOP wants to attach very harsh border funding and laws to a Ukraine funding bill which automatically deadlocks any progress for more spending. Hopefully they are able to come to a compromise.

22. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Just fyi - Most of the discussion is on the P&CE forum.

GalaxyBowl repped this.
  23. GalaxyBowl

GalaxyBowl Member

LA Galaxy
    Aug 21, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aye, thanks for letting me know