FSU Players Abroad [R]

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Dimuha, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I am not sure what part YOU don't get. All I said was that Ibra team's have been more successful without him, which is a fact, as supported by the evidence.

Other than that all I said was that he is overrated, which is an opinion, and one that is shared among many.

2. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You act like Ibra is the 100% only factor at play.

Why don't you look at the fact that Inter may not win the scudetto this year and DID at this point last year and THAT is more important than the Champions League?

7 straight league titles? really not a success?

Inter beating Barca can be just as much attributed to an offsides goal or Iniesta's injury than Ibra. And that is coming from an Inter fan to admit that.

3. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, actually you are acting like Ibra is 100%. Your taking a very basic statement and adding in all sorts of assumptions.

If Inter lose the title this year, which I don't think they will, then I will retract my statement.

4. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You kept thwarting the fact that Inter team is better at 6 positions compared to last year, and better in the CL this year, because they don't have Ibra. When in reality a lot of factors contributed to Inter performing better in the CL completely unrelated to Ibra.

Such as Man U and Chelsea being down. Barca slotting a player in the wrong postion. Iniesta being hurt. Jose being better. Lucio being given away.... Pure luck......

5. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again, a bunch of assumptions on your part. I never made any comments about WHY Inter were doing better.

Let's look at the original comment

You said

"He won 4 straight Italian titles. 2 of them basically single handily creating all the goals.

Just because you don't watch serie A because it is a "grandpa league" doesn't detract from that."

I replied

"And what happened when he left? Inter won the title again and are now in the semifinals. I rest my case."

I acknowledge that Inter have NOT YET won the title, so I could still put my foot in my mouth, but everything else that seems to have you upset is your own creation.

6. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sorry if i'm agressive. a little drunk.

anyway 7 titles and juve paying 17 mill for him and inter 25 mill for him and barca 70 for him.... serie a leading scorer last year.

look barca is playing him out of position.

you didn't judge arshavin by him being played as a striker this year and their CL performance this year did you?

7. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Fans of pretty footballers overrate Ibra big time. I wonder what his goal per game ratio is in derby's, top 6 teams in league, and like CL knockout rounds etc. Good skill with the ball but decision making stinks and is selfish at times. Camp Nou wanted to strangle him when he didn't release Messi into space in the 1st half like on a 3 v. 3 counter attack. Instead he used Messi as a dummy, dribbled and got stuck.

One of the best when in scintillating form though

8. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    great scouting report

barca could have used it before pairing him with messi

9. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyway, point being he is a very valuable player.

If Man City had Ibra instead of Adebayour they would be in 4th and in the champions league.

Juve were 7th this year in Serie A. Sign Ibra + a defender who isnt 39 to play with Chilieni and they are back in the Champions League.

10. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not saying that he sucks and deserves to play for Bolton or something. I simply stated that he is overrated as a player, because in the past many many people compared him to Kaka and Cronaldo as one of the best players in the world, which I don't agree with.

I'd rather have Eto'o on my team, let alone for $40 + more.

In the interest of full disclosure the majority of the games I've seen him in are either Milan derbies, Champions league games or with Barcelona.

11. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    So less than a month from the World Cup and who do we have in smoking hot form? Shall we discuss?

Biggest surprise is CR9. His last 2 games were just silly, has all the confidence in the world right now and looks to be in best form of anyone in the world. Also sounds like Danny for Zenit is as sharp as a whip.

Spain aren't really looking good right now. Xavi off form a little, Torres and Iniesta with some lengthy time off with injury. Marcos Senna looked good v. Barca but he's been hurt a lot too and just coming back. If he and Xabi Alonso are playing well though, Spain will be almost impossible to beat.

12. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not so sure that current form will have too much of an influence on June. I mean the teams are going to regroup and train for a month before the tournament.

Also it is interesting to note that Cronaldo and Messi have had similar runs with their club teams but struggled with the national teams. I would be particularly wary of Messi in Argentina with the pyscho running the team.

The thing about Spain is, they have Cesc on their bench! If Iniesta is hurt or Torres is hurt, they have a billion replacements that are almost just as good. The real key player to watch is Rooney, because he will literally dictate England's prospects.

13. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Brazil and Spain are the favorites right now.

Completely agree on Rooney.

14. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Arshavin returns and bags a goal.

15. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Bilya with a last minute goal to give Everton the 1-0 win.

Hearing that it was a wonder goal but can't find a highlight yet.

16. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I beg to differ. Their last game they totally outclassed France and in Paris at that. Since I started watching the game this is the best NT I've seen, they've got it all.

17. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    You just don't get it man :rolleyes: that was their last game....like 2 months ago, none of that matters right now cause its just a 1 month long tournament. Portugal and Argentina sucking in qualifiers but it really doesn't matter, this is the biggest sporting event in the world and those 2 have players in better form than Spain atm. Brazil qualified in '98 or '02 in like their last qualifier and went on to the Final.

Xavi has a partially torn quad, Iniesta has been fighting injuries ALL season, Torres the same, Senna the same. Even their bench can go far but still their not at their best right now. Their defense is solid but Casillas has been TERRIBLE most of this season, the young goalie from Atletico should be their #1 but he's hurt right now too. I'd put Reina over Casillas ffs that's how unstable he's been this year.

18. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reina? Please, I'd take Valdes over Reina.

I would put zero worth in South American qualifiers. South American qualifying is nothing like Europe, is always unstable and leads to a lot of weird outcomes. The important thing is to qualify. That said, I would not be surprised if Argentina completely bomb out in this tournament. I have no faith in the Psycho.

19. Hopper10

Hopper10 Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    On the other hand, Maradona has proven time and time again that he has God's favour. That'll count for something, whether its a world cup or not we'll see. Personally I want to see Argetina succeed under him - We might see a cult rivaling Christianity pop up:rolleyes:

20. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it is quite obvious, that all the effort that was put towards building up Maradona's athletic talents, did not leave enough time to put together his brain properly.

21. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
  22. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Amazing goal by Bilya, best FSU player abroad this season imo.

Arshavin- didn't live up to expectations after a remarkable 3 months last season. Finally looked in good shape before getting hurt v. Barca, finishing was suspect this season.

Pavlyuchenko- turned it up the last 2 months and made it into an acceptable season after being a laughingstock and forgotten man for most of the season. Something to build upon for next season, hopefully will stay at Tottenham and have a chance to play in Europe, Redknapp seems to be pleased with his play now.

Zhirkov- bad start with injuries but got lots of chances to play the past few months. Little to no intensity, weak physically and didn't impress much. Short passing is clever but not nearly enough to make the grade. Needs to show much more desire if he wants a place in the team.

Pogrebnyak- only saw highlights and he didn't show much. Poor goal scoring for a striker in the German league, not a surprise considering how terrible he looked at Zenit his last season

Tymoschuk- had chances in the fall with Van Bommel hurt. Got good game ratings, #1 on the field several times but didn't create enough going forward for Bayern's style. Hardly played after Oct. Scored a nice CL goal and played well in the semifinal 1st leg. Should transfer back to Shakhtar and help them advance in the CL.

Chygrynsky- also had some chances in the fall, in the starting 11 at least 5 times. Looked decent in a few games and nervous the rest. Didn't show off his great passing and vision hardly at all. Needs a lot of work this summer to develop the confidence it takes to play for Barca. Very young and promising player, I think he'll learn.

23. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tymo should certainly return to Ukraine or Russia. There is no use in him being a squad player for Bayern.

Chygrynsky is only 22, and there is only one elite defender who is that age or younger. Pique. I'd give him 2 or 3 years before passing any serious judgement.

I may be biased, but I honestly think the club atmosphere that David Moyes has created is one of the major reasons that Bilya was able to transition so well into England.

24. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Latest rumor is Pav to Liverpool in exchange for Benayoun.

25. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny enough, Pav would be downgrading.