FSU Players Abroad [R]

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Dimuha, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Re: Pavluchenko @ Spurs thread

lol.

2. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's clearly an exaggeration, but I bet a significant portion of people in Russia and Ukraine share Rebrov's opinion.

3. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia

Same thing in America.

4. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite

That proportion is vastly higher in Eastern Europe.

5. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You would be publicly crucified so saying such things in public in America. In Ukraine and Russia people don't hesitate to generalize about people based on their ethnic/cultural background. Tragically some even take it further. But you would not know anything about generalizing would you.

6. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia

Maybe, I haven't been there in a while. See how comfortable you feel walking around Chicago's west side or Camden New Jersey.

7. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

that is hilarious, but telling it like he sees it, you got to love it, possibly true even

8. Ivan_Palach1

Ivan_Palach1 New Member

Aug 26, 2008

Well what do you want? Its so easy to generalize about blacks while sitting in Russia or Ukraine. Its much harder to say publicly something negative about muslims or checen diaspora for example in Russia. Also Rebrov absolutely right. Islam sucks and all chechens is savages.

9. Petro

Petro New Member

Nov 17, 2007

I live in istanbul and while i'm non religous i wouldn't say Islam sucks , plus those Chechen savages from the Vostok battalion were winning the little war with Georgia last time i looked. Anyway doughnut, rebrov was far more likely to be attacked for being rubbish. It's like Oleh Blohkin with his Zumba Bumba's all over again. Man opens mouth , man looks like uneducated cretin , idea that all former Soviets are racists carries on for a few more years.

10. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

How did you end up in Istanbul? That's tight. I've got a friend from school from there, I'm hoping to go visit him next summer.

11. Petro

Petro New Member

Nov 17, 2007

I work here , it's a good place we're in the middle of Ramadan but you can eat and drink during the day in public if you want to.

12. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia

My friend visited Istanbul and he said that the ladies are outrageously hot.

13. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hahaha

14. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

Your company had a position in Istanbul or you just moved there and found a job on your own? I ask because I would love to move to Europe and work there for a few years

15. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Depends on your line of work, but both ways can work. It's much easier to find a job before you go.

16. Petro

Petro New Member

Nov 17, 2007

If you're a teacher you can just pack up and go , it's how i ended up in Moscow in the first place.

17. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite

Camden? Um, just fine, thanks. Those places aren't poor because they're full of black people. They're just poor.
    And I spent a week living around Tottenham - its a really shit area, but it has a ton of different minorities there, and they're all poor. That's why the live there. Because its cheap.

18. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

English teacher?

19. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well russia is definately not the easiest place to just pack up and go if you aren't a citizen. It takes a lot of planning.

I had to do a lot of paperwork, join a program, cross the t's, dot the i's. Then they held onto my passport before I could get a visa for like 3 months. I had to get AIDS tested in the US and again in Russia.

Then registering took 6 more weeks after I arrived in Russia in which I could not go anywhere- they held my passport. (Not even another Russian city because you have to register to go to another city).

Being stopped on the metro all the time without a passport because I was of military age was a constant hassle.

20. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

You guys know any websites to look for jobs outside the U.S.? Look at me, I just started my first job out of college 2 months ago and I'm already looking for something new :D

21. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia

If you don't like America you can gyyyyeeettt eooout.

22. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

If McCain by some miracle wins the election, I want out. If our country is that brainwashed, I'm not comfortable living here much longer. I'll probably look into moving to Australia

23. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia

I told my dad, America cannot be this dumb to elect McCain. I know America's dumb, but to elect a Republican after two Bush terms? C'mon.

24. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

It scares the shit out of me. and they elected a good looking woman as VP cause without dillusional votes McCain wouldn't stand a chance. Republicans are soooo good at this propaganda or whatever you want to call it, so much better than the Democrats its not even funny. They took advantage of the first female presidential candidate not getting the nod, and are going to take all the negativity surrounding the people who wanted Hillary and give them a positive out of it by adding their own woman on as their VP. Not cause she's the best candidate for the job, but cause it can steal votes for them. Another example, Bush throwing religous quotes in his speeches in 2004, using faith to get through the hard times of war with him :rolleyes: its scary how ruthless they are, if they win I might shed some tears

25. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Finding a job out of the United States would probably require you to get a job with an American company that works overseas first and then make your move, or work for the government, or be an English language teacher. But I'm no expert but want to work overseas after grad school.