FSU 2023

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Tom81, Dec 15, 2022.

1. BG78

BG78 New Member

FSU
    United States
    Nov 9, 2022
    WNC
    2 games away from (hopefully) proving this is the best FSU team ever. Continue to keep a cool head on defense and lights out offense, they can reel it in.
    BP may have been one of the most fortunate hires ever at FSU.

2. sweepsit

sweepsit Member

Oct 25, 2016
    SF, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And yet…

Van Zanten was awesome tonight and FSU hasn’t been scored on in the run of play in over a month, somewhere around ten games. Allen tapped a corner into her own net tonight.

H2Psoccerfan repped this.
  3. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Van Zanten has really improved our defense in the back and Iwai has adjusted well to playing the right back, when she started on the left.
    The midfield won this game. Pitt rarely was dangerous.
    I'm cheering for Clemson tomorrow. Better the devil you know!

4. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYI, for those who do not know, Tom81 is leading the Tournament Prediction Contest.:thumbsup:

Tom81, Ben.D, blissett and 1 other person repped this.
  5. Tally T

Tally T Member

philly
    United States
    Sep 16, 2019
    Footy13 repped this.
  6. Tally T

Tally T Member

philly
    United States
    Sep 16, 2019
    She actually flipped five days ago.

I didn't mean to imply that she flipped tonight.

7. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Is she in the 24 class? Will she be here next year to help fill in for all the talent lost up top?

8. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Did a little research and discovered she is indeed a 24 recruit. Paired with Suarez, she should make an immediate impact on a team that will have lost a lot of studs!
    She's ranked #17 I believe by TDS and is the 2 time Gatorade POTY in Georgia. She flipped from Duke btw.

VictoryCB repped this.
  9. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    I read a post on an FSU board where a fan claimed Solai Washington (recent 24 soccer recruit who flipped from Duke to FSU) was better overall than Jordynn Dudley. He said his daughter's team played them both and that was what he drew that conclusion from.
    Anyone here seen either or both of them play in HS? Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

10. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    I'm now including 2 quotes from the poster FSUdawg
    "My daughter played against Solai last year. IMO she is a better overall talent than Dudley, if you can imagine that. We also saw Dudley play as our high school played hers when my daughter was in 8th grade. While our high school was ranked top 5 in the nation at the time, Dudley single handedly beat us that game.

The future is definitely bright for the Lady Noles Soccer Program!"

And then in response to my skepticism he further replied.
    "While she doesn't have the size, IMO she has better ball control and is quicker. Put her in a crowd of defenders, and somehow she gets out of it more often than not.

Dudley has played better than I remember her, so maybe my memories of Solai aren't quite there. It was different with my daughter actually out there as opposed to being in the stands with me. Even if Solei is equal to Jordyn, we are in for a treat for a few years."

VictoryCB repped this.
  11. H2Psoccerfan

H2Psoccerfan New Member

Nov 9, 2023
  12. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    She was a JC AA who was ranked very highly. She is from Ghana and is apparently a stud who simply needs some refinement. She has awesome physical skills. The question is how well and how quickly she transitions to our level!

13. H2Psoccerfan

H2Psoccerfan New Member

Nov 9, 2023
    That's awesome, can't wait to see her in ACC play next season

14. sweepsit

sweepsit Member

Oct 25, 2016
    SF, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go noles!!! That should settle any outstanding questions about this season.

Now to debate where this team sits among the all greats. Certainly the best offense FSU has ever had.

15. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    This is absolutely the best team FSU has ever had! No debate!
    We are the only team not named UNC to have 4 national titles!
    Kudos to these women and coaches for helping FSU get better and better as the season progressed!
    Can't wait to see what transfers want to join the party!

blissett, H2Psoccerfan, Ben.D and 2 others repped this.
  16. Bosco

Bosco Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Congrats to Florida State and to contest winner Tom81, what a show. Hard to dispute that they’ve passed UNC as the top program in the country. Maybe the coach can chill a bit now.

Ben.D repped this.
  17. sweepsit

sweepsit Member

Oct 25, 2016
    SF, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed FSU’s best team. I meant compared to others as well. This offense is up there. Sure UNC had some truly insane ones back in the day, but Stanford 2019 is the only recent one who seems at the same level.

18. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Domestic recruiting has always been an uphill battle at FSU. We normally play 4th, 5th or 6th fiddle to Stanford, UNC, UCLA, Duke and UVA. This coming has 2 top 25 players in it. Taylor Suarez was a flip from UNC, and Solai Washington was a flip about a week ago from Duke. My point is that our dynasty success is making domestic recruiting easier! Throw in a couple of stud level transfers and keep Dudley, then rinse and repeat! Brian Pensky will win national coach of the year. Any other outcome would be ludicrous! Well deserved coaches and players! Pros, stay away from Jordynn Dudley!

blissett repped this.
  19. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    He is who he is. Feel free to dislike him;):)

BG78 and VictoryCB repped this.
  20. Bosco

Bosco Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Ah, not for me to say. As someone said, he is who he is, and what matters is whether the players like and respond to him, not what I or any other fan of another school thinks. Based on the results he would seem to have something going for him.

21. Jericah7

Jericah7 New Member

Nov 10, 2023
    Congrats to FSU. Such a shame we never got to see a BYU/FSU championship rematch. I have a feeling that would have been spectacular to watch.

22. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    the850pitch and VictoryCB repped this.
  23. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Congrats to FSU. Awesome talent and firepower. How long can you keep this group together?

VictoryCB and blissett repped this.
  24. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Senior heavy team, although several have a Covid year option.
    Thanks. It is an awesome collection of talent. The best FSU has ever had.
    Who stays?
    Which freshmen are ready to go day one?
    Who transfers in?
    The portal has forever changed things in all of these sports.
    We may get to play you guys once or even twice next year in the ACC.

VictoryCB and Crazyhorse repped this.
  25. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It feels good to be a Florida State person. Absolute domination Monday night! Go Noles!

VictoryCB repped this.