FSU 2022

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Tom81, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Wildcatter

Wildcatter Member

Sep 9, 2018
    I heard Krikorian was taking the Space Coast job. Hope he can live up to their standards.

2. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    cpt, very astute points. Well stated. I agree!

3. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beaches are age defying.

Soccerguy1022 and Wildcatter repped this.
  4. Tally T

Tally T Member

philly
    United States
    Sep 16, 2019
    Just in case anyone was wondering,, the team is still conducting off season practices. I stopped by last weekend and everyone was out there working.

The practices are led by Mike Bristol and Morinao Imaizumi.

5. Wildcatter

Wildcatter Member

Sep 9, 2018
    I mean did you just expect them to stop?

6. Soccerguy1022

Soccerguy1022 Member

Manchester City
    United States
    Nov 28, 2018
    Heard Mike withdrew his name from the HC candidates... Not sure how true it is, but really seems like no one on the current staff wants to stay around this AD...

7. sweepsit

sweepsit Member

Oct 25, 2016
    SF, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a mess. Any reasonable candidate is giving Mark a call to get his take before considering an offer as well. Gonna take a lot of otherwise potentially solid options off the table.

Soccerguy1022 repped this.
  8. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    What exactly is Coach K's beef with this athletic director? Does anybody know?

9. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    One would think the President could have just assigned Mark to report to someone else, rather than the AD to keep him happy.

10. BigBear

BigBear Member

Apr 20, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Multiple national championships or otherwise, I don't think the Prez is going to undermine his new AD over disagreements with the women's soccer coach.

11. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    Fair enough. But, this happens with nepotism situations all the time. They report to someone else. It is not like it has to be public information.

12. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alford is all in on football, but the jury is still out on the direction of football. Part of me hopes football continues to dwell in mediocrity and Alford is gone in two years. The guy napalmed one of the best women's soccer programs in the country.

13. sokarcrazy

sokarcrazy Member

Dec 19, 2005
    I think it would be fair to say the best women’s soccer program in the country. Certainly it was a few months ago.

sweepsit and Noledavey repped this.
  14. SoccerTrustee

SoccerTrustee Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    7 kids on the transfer portal from FSU in one day. Wow. Includes 3 of the 7 committed freshmen (didn't realize they had to go on the portal to get out of an NLI). Includes Roque and Madril too. Can't afford to lose many other kids than that if they want a roster with some depth.

15. 2233soccer

2233soccer Member

United States
    Sep 13, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    where do they think they are going that they are sure will be better? The portal isn't a fun place to be right now and they still have a strong team. I am sure they will hire a good coach so I would think they would wait it out and see first before jumping ship

16. Eddie K

Eddie K Member+

May 5, 2007
    Maybe they know who the coach is going to be??
    If they don't, someone may have advised them to get into the portal so they can explore their options and have some planning done when and if the new coach is announced? I think that's probably pretty smart since the last burst of portal activity is underway.
    btw - 6 of the 7 checked "do not contact" so they don't get bombarded with emails. Also a smart move.
    Madril and Robbins are shown as grad transfers so if they only have one year left to play, plenty of coaches would take them for a year. They could be deciding just to play another season and be done by Christmas so they won't cost much even if they want the scholarship dollars. They could just be looking to improve their draft status somewhere else in case they don't see FSU doing that next fall.
    That's just speculation but would make sense.

2233soccer and Tom81 repped this.
  17. Justafan17

Justafan17 New Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Feb 11, 2021
    7 so far — the portal doesn’t close until May 1. And this entire team is composed of highly talented, driven, proven, respected players that will find good homes if they choose to do so.

18. Noledavey

Noledavey New Member

FSU
    United States
    Oct 4, 2020
    Yeah, most of these women had offers from other great programs. I suspect all it took was entry into the portal, plus a phone call or two, to reestablish those contacts and start packing.

19. sweepsit

sweepsit Member

Oct 25, 2016
    SF, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who are the seven? Robbins and Madril are huge losses. AD’s actions just gutting the program.

Agree it makes sense to get your name in there either way if you don’t know who the coach will be to leave your options open. Some of it may be out of a sense of protest, too. Many of them clearly unhappy with how things played out with mark leaving.

20. Tally T

Tally T Member

philly
    United States
    Sep 16, 2019
    Link?

21. PlaySimple

PlaySimple Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    There is no link to the portal.

22. WhiteBeard

WhiteBeard New Member

Spurs
    Mar 11, 2022
    I find it interesting that most have them have indicated in the portal that they “don’t wish to be contacted by other institutions” (including Madrill, Rocque, etc.) … any chance they are looking to go pro? If so, timing is bad for anywhere but Europe, or maybe just waiting on the new hire.

23. Noledavey

Noledavey New Member

FSU
    United States
    Oct 4, 2020
    To me, that suggests they already have decided which school they’re transferring to, or have a couple to choose from and don’t want to be bothered by all the other suitors that don’t stand a chance. As for growing pro, they wouldn’t need the portal.

ytrs repped this.
  24. Tally T

Tally T Member

philly
    United States
    Sep 16, 2019
    Okay, so how do we know that this information is correct?

Is there any sourcing at all for the information?

I am not implying that posters are lying or anything but all we have so far are hints about who is in the portal.

We don't have all of the names or any way at all to verify this information.

Therefore, right now this information is little more than a mere rumor.

25. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My understanding is that on-line access to the portal is limited to one (or possibly two) individuals on the staff at each school. Typically, posters of details about who is in the portal are on school staffs and have been allowed by those with access at their schools to see who is in the portal. I have seen many posts about who is in the portal and do not recall ever seeing a post that says, no that person is not in the portal. So, it seems likely that posts about who is in the portal are reliable.