FSC-HD now up on DISH

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by yaz96, Feb 10, 2010.

1. yaz96

yaz96 Member

Aug 5, 2006
    It's on! and in HD!

2. Eastern Bear

Eastern Bear Member+

Feb 27, 1999
    Great Falls, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Re: FSC-HD noe up on DISH

I have DISH and iIt's not working for me. I have two dishes up on the roof, do I need a 3rd in order to get it?

3. kstuart

kstuart Member

Jul 13, 1999
    Northern California
    Villa-ManU is 16x9 upconverted from 576i, just like the ESPN2-HD broadcasts of 10am matches.

Just as with those, it looks very close to HD.

4. kstuart

kstuart Member

Jul 13, 1999
    Northern California

It is on satellite slots 129 and 72.7

Use Menu-6-1-3 to check which slots you receive.

Those who only get 119-110-61.5 will not get the new HD channels for a few weeks, because Dish's satellite at 61.5 had a failure and they are moving a satellite over to 61.5

5. yaz96

yaz96 Member

Aug 5, 2006

What Ken said above....

6. Eastern Bear

Eastern Bear Member+

Feb 27, 1999
    Great Falls, VA
    Club:
    DC United

That's me. Rats. Thanks for the info though. :(

7. kstuart

kstuart Member

Jul 13, 1999
    Northern California

Your other option is to call Dish, complain and get them to change your 110-119 dish to a 110-119-129 dish. If you are polite, but persistent, you should be able to get them to do it for free, since it is their satellite failure, not yours.

8. blackhornet

blackhornet Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AWESOME! Time to start pressuring DirecTV!

9. iwmtv

iwmtv New Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Man, I've been waiting to see how all this shakes out.

At this moment, purely for soccer, would you guys say Dish or DirecTV is better? I'm wanting to order one of these very soon.

I know only DirecTV has GOLTV.

10. Neutral Fan

Neutral Fan New Member

Dec 27, 2000
    DIRECTV has more soccer programming, but Dish Networks DVRs are much better than DIRECTV’s. They are faster more stable and more flexible. I was thinking about changing to DIRECTV having used a friend DIRECTV DVR I will not change.

Aaron

11. rednow.red4ever

Mar 30, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    If you have any interest in Europa League, then def go DirecTV since they show all matches. This was also a bonus for Champions' League during group stages, but haven't seen the channel specs for the knockout round.

12. Ed Ennui

Ed Ennui Member

Lazio
    United States
    Jul 18, 2006
    Yoknapatawpha County
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You lucky Dish bastards.

I've had both in the past but right now I'm with Comcast (actually not too bad since I get Gol and FSC) but I think Direct is the best right now because of Gol and all of the extra UEFA CL games they air. But if you can I would wait until Mar. 1 and see about FS+.

Although if you're a RM or Barca fan you have to go with Direct. I lived without Gol for awhile after it went dark on Dish. It wasn't that bad since I have Setanta and don't watch much Spanish football. But it's definitely worth having around for the Friday Bundesliga game, the Italian Cup, and the various national teams they show.

Another consideration for you would be to get cable from a company that offers ESPN 360 via internet (Serie A, La Liga, Coca-Cola Championship, Carling Cup--although this is all subject to change without notice) so you can save money with a bundle.

13. blackhornet

blackhornet Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dish, I feel, has more options for some of the underserved European leagues (Greece, Bundesliga bottom 9, Bundesliga 2).

If you don't care about having all the niche channels, you might want to look into getting a Spanish pack on either as it comes with all the English and Spanish soccer channels in the best and/or second best spanish packages plus a lot of english channels along with Univision and Telemundo etc.