FSC/FSE Megathread

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Girlbinti, Dec 28, 2006.

1. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Wow.

Christian Miles and Paul Caliguri had perhaps the worst announcing performance on FSC in quite some time. And I usually defend the FSC announcers.

They didn't know players, club history, pronunciations, calls, facts or pretty much anything that was going on today in the Harbour View/DC CCC game.

It was shocking. They have better announcing for the USL games.

Has Christian still been doing Serie A games? I'd like to think it was a lack of form on his part. He's usually not this abysmal. Caliguri didn't do himself any favors today if he expects to continue in this line of work.

Thx,

Jay!

2. ToBeAGooner

ToBeAGooner New Member

Jan 3, 2006
    Awesome satellite problem with less than 10 minutes left in the Arse/Boro game.

******** off FSC!!

3. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you know that the problem was on FSC's end and not at the stadium (where the weather isn't the best)?

4. TarheelJTK

TarheelJTK Member

Dec 14, 2004
    Jersey City
    You missed what all of 2 minutes or something like that. You didn't miss anything either.

5. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    my guide has FSC showing a Celtic-Rangers game in a few weeks. anybody else see this?

6. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    An old guide maybe ?? They used to show Scottish league games, I believe

7. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    I checked Fox Soccer's website and the game is listed.

8. huhe888

huhe888 Red Card

Oct 3, 2007
    I suspect that FSI and Setanta's new barter deal resulted in "Old Firm" derbies being shown on FSC via same-day delay.

The new barter deal includes 2 English FA Cup games each round shifting from pay-per-view to Setanta Sports USA starting in January 2009, plus the English FA Cup final airing on Setanta Sports USA in alternate years (with FSC airing the other finals). English FA Cup will no longer be on pay-per-view in the U.S. starting 2009.

9. TarheelJTK

TarheelJTK Member

Dec 14, 2004
    Jersey City
    That's outstanding news. I'm sick of not watching FA Cup games because they are PPV.

10. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait what date exactly is the "Old Firm" derby on FSC?

I've never had the luxury of seeing an SPL game on an actual tv. (Web feeds)

11. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    You couldn't force me to shell out the $30 bucks for this years final.

I would go to a bar and pay a reasonable cover. But not $30.

Thx,

Jay!

12. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    They're shifting FFF to Monday and, when there's not a live game Tuesday (i.e., Olympic qualifying or Champions Cup/League), they'll have a rollicking version of Premier League Fan Zone.

Tomorrow night's going to be a great one; Chelsea/Arsenal ... all those incidents in the second half, the two amateurs will have a great time in the booth!

13. SAFC Yank

SAFC Yank Member

May 15, 2007
    Bellingham, WA
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    I'd be more likely to pay this year than to watch a third or fourth meeting of the same old clubs play.

14. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now if we could only get England games off of PPV.

15. themaestro

themaestro Member

Nov 9, 2005
    I'm actually excited about getting to see the Old Firm derby even if it is on delay. :)

Had no clue until I saw the ad for it. Never expected to see it on FSC.

16. Shaydee

Shaydee Member

Apr 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this Sunday at 7pm eastern.

17. ajdjad

ajdjad New Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Yellow
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Are EPL games on FSC really "live"?

Pos Rep.

18. ajdjad

ajdjad New Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Yellow
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a huge thread. I wanted to read to see if anyone was compaigning about the poor quality on FSC lately. It seems everytime I watch a game on FSC their is some technical glitch ruining the broadcast.

19. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    I like FSC in that its the only soccer specific channel that Time Warner carries. I love Fox Football Phone In, Sky Sports News and even Fox Soccer report.

Does anyone remember that show FC Fox that was hosted by Ethan Zohn of Survivor? I really liked that show as well but its not on anymore.

I do wish FSC showed other leauges, not a big fan of Serie A, I would also love to see the Championship. I think Setanta shows that but can't get it with Time Warner.

The only thing I hate about FSC is Christian Miles, he's so annoying. I cringe everytime he does the little "introduction" to the EPL games because I'm worried something will happen with the english commentators and he will have to be the commentator.

20. cescfabregas

cescfabregas Member

Oct 2, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    FSC, kindly make UEFA CUP watchable - you guys have been fantastic all season. These voice over commentary guys just dont have what it takes to be a football commentator. Ask SB.

21. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    ...which is why I watch the Fox Sports en Espanol SAP feed of these matches whenever possible, because they provide the international feed audio instead of the guys in LA.

22. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    He has gotten so much worse over the past six months or so. The DC United/Harbour View game he did was a travesty.

And of course he mentioned today how Beye was keeping Carr out of the Newcastle lineup. I kind of think the hamstring injury Carr's been carrying is doing that all on it's own.

Ill-prepared is how I would describe Miles' performance recently.

Thx,

Jay!

23. drc003

drc003 Member

Jul 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's how he got in but I certainly hope Beye keeps his spot no matter what Carr's condition is. For the love of God, please!

24. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Did FSC just suddenly go blank for anyone else during the Fox Soccer Report?

25. Barcasox

Barcasox Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just finished watching a truly remarkable match between Mayern Munich and Getafe. However what stuck with me was that the commentating was simply stunning. In a bad horrible, crappy and disgusing way. They don't even raise their voices on that last goal (or any), the main commentator doesn't know what he's talking about callin them "Mayern Munich". Seriously, can they not hire someone who knows the game and didn't have any contacts? Or how about they mute the main guy and let the smarter guy to talk. He isn't that much better, but still better.