FSC/FSE Megathread

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Girlbinti, Dec 28, 2006.

1. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    Holy crap, the timing of this couldn't be any better. How much are they charging for the season subscription?

2. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    don't know. listened to the EPL Talk Podcast where a VP from Fox spoke only in generalities.

3. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    On the lighter side, it appears FanZone is being moved from Thursday to Monday night.

Crazy goofs on mikes!

4. Shearer9

Shearer9 Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Greenville, SC
    SSN still not showing. :mad: Instead is US Youth Soccer Show

5. Dixieuk

Dixieuk New Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Can somone tell me why we cannot watch Sky Sports news???

6. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This would be awesome if it turns out to be true.

1) Possibility of replays throughout the week
    2) Seeing as they take the Sunday 11 AM ET game for FanZone, on Monday night, the game is still somewhat recent. On Thursday night, one or both of the teams may have played a game since the previous Sunday.

7. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    Looks like it is the case for the first two weeks (Dream Team is being relegated to Thursday), and there will be one replay after FSWR. And yes, the game is fresher in our minds if FanZone is the next day.

The Community Shield zoners weren't as lively as usual, but I liked the scroll at the bottom of the screen: "Derby, Derby, and Derby to be relegated!" "Carrigan is the nuts!"

WAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

8. berbatov

berbatov New Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Indianapolis
    where have you gone, sky sports news?

9. ilbambino

ilbambino Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its back and its better than before, also I'm watching Super Sunday +, I HATE Christian Miles the guy is a complete dbag, get off the telly. Doesnt no shit bout football

10. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Even if he was the most knowledgeable football commentator in the world, I still wouldn't want him on air. He is so annoying.

11. BenfromUSA

BenfromUSA Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Minneapolis/St. Paul
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol their little pub setup is hilarious.

12. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's nice to know that FSC is still using their LA commentators right up until kickoff (and in one case, a few seconds after kickoff.) Once they get that Geico commercial in, tell us who's announcing, tell us who the match official is, the games have sometimes kicked off and we're stuck listening to the FSC guy.

You'd think they could tell us that information during their 30 minute pregame show for the 10 AM game, and around 12:10 PM for the 12:15 game. For the benefit of anyone watching a rebroadcast, put popups on the bottom of the screen with that information.

I know we probably won't get a five minute introduction window (2:55 PM for 3 PM kickoffs), so they need to take advantage of that 30 minute pregame show and the 15 minutes between games to bring us the background information.

I wonder...does Octagon (or whatever it's called) even care that their announcers are being interrupted, or is it standard practice all over the world to use "local" announcers when the game isn't actually being played?

13. Mezzaninho

Mezzaninho New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    This just posted regarding Fox Soccer Broadband
    http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/7107088

For the first time on broadband, Fox Soccer Channel brings you the best of the Barclays Premier League. If you miss the game live or don't get Fox Soccer Channel, catch the action here on Fox Soccer Broadband. We'll bring you full matches on 12-hour delay, and let you view them until the new fixture round. For the low price of $4.99 per game, you can't afford not to watch!
    The first round fixtures are FREE to watch and will be available soon. (they're now up)

A few more details:
    FoxSoccer.com introduces FREE online highlights of every Barclays Premier League match.
    Highlights of the weekend fixtures will be available by Monday morning. We will also have a complete roundup of the weekend's fixtures and special video focusing on the week's best goals, save, player and team.

Due to contractual obligations no highlights video will be published until after Sunday 7 p.m. ET.

It's an impressive site. I'm hardwired on campus right now, so take it with a grain of salt, but the video quality was solid, even at full screen.

14. peregrine1988

peregrine1988 New Member

Sep 27, 2006
    Yeah, but now the highlights are down for "technical difficulties." Does anyone else think this may be because they either haven't worked out all the legal agreements behind this, or maybe the midweek games are screwing up the timing?

15. caaarlo

caaarlo New Member

Aug 9, 2006
    I suspect it's because they didn't have any geoblocking -- which would limit the ability to view the clips to people coming from US IP addresses -- in place. A friend in the UK was able to view them when they were still up.

16. SidFarkus

SidFarkus New Member

Jan 11, 2007
    New Jersey
    Just thought I'd throw this out there. Comcast is still running a special in the NJ/NY area where you can get FSC, GolTV, NFL Network, NBATV and a host of a Fox sports college channels for $1.99 a month for a year. It was supposed to end last month, but if you call and ask for it they'll still give you the special rate.

17. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Yeah, that's ridiculous. They always do that. When are they gonna learn? They never finish on time.

18. DaMunk

DaMunk Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Philadelphia/STX
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    US Virgin Islands
    Anyone watching the US v Sweden game notice the few blissful moments between minutes 21-24 when there was no audio from the FSC guys? I thought all audio was gone until I could hear...crowd noise. I hoped they wouldn't fix it, and when they did the commentary was that much more grating.

19. BenfromUSA

BenfromUSA Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Minneapolis/St. Paul
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Christopher Sullivan when I see a good ball played on the screen I don't you to tell me during the live action.

20. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    The Thursday night football classic of '92, C. Palace vs Blackburn was just great.

21. colins1993

colins1993 Member

Mar 1, 2001
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His over-analysis is killing me.

I'd like to watch the game in peace not listen to some coaching seminar.

22. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    :) Reminds of yesterday's during the USL match there was the comment " the goalie is like a quarter-back , he controls the pace of the game"

23. cobi13

cobi13 Member

Aug 16, 2004
    NY
    Christover Sullivan is a tool. I cannot stand his spanglish commentary because I don't know what the hell he is trying to say half the time. The other week he was saying how so and so is a great center back, "el lobo" as they say, and then he continued on with spanish words of what they might call him. It isn't just spanish either. Being cultural is cool and all, but I would prefer a simple analogy like, "Yea, he is a great center back." Is that so hard?

24. ncfcb

ncfcb New Member

May 29, 2007
    North Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yay, they are using the feed for the Juve match! And earlier GTV used the feed for the Bayern match. Do you guys think our complaining has anything to do with it? We know they read here, so it might very well be.

25. themaestro

themaestro Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Thank you to FSC for using the international feed announcers for the Serie A games today. Hopefully it stays this way for the season.

Thank you so much. :D