FSC/FSE Megathread

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Girlbinti, Dec 28, 2006.

1. DaMunk

DaMunk Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Philadelphia/STX
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    US Virgin Islands
    Comparing the broadcasts of FSC and Telefutura last night, guess which picture was crisper and brighter?

FSC can continue operating on the cheap, but they will not have an audience larger than hardcore fans until they spend some cash for a quality appearance.

I can't watch the Fox Soccer Report. SportCenter circa 1984 had better production value.

2. joebloe888

joebloe888 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 1, 2005
    Fuyutu Island
    Believe it or not, FOX Sports World Canada will actually become profitable next season.

Why? No EPL, no Serie A, no La Liga, and no Bundesliga.

Even if FOX Sports World Canada were to drop soccer matches completely, air FOX Soccer Report 24/7, and have ZERO subscribers in Canada, the FSW Canada business will be profitable for the first time in its history.

Why?

The licensing fee paid to Global/FSW Canada by FOX Sports International (FOX Soccer Channel, FOX Sports Africa, FOX Sports Turkey, FOX Sports Israel, and FOX Sports Middle East) should exceed the production cost of FOX Soccer Report.

3. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    my FSC is running the programming from FS en espanol. anybody else getting this? has been this way since at least 7am.

4. themaestro

themaestro Member

Nov 9, 2005
    I'll check that out later for me. I'm on DirectTV.

If my Direct doesn't have FSE does that mean I won't get it with the sportspack? Just got the satellite installed in August, would I be able to get an upgraded dish? Would I be able to get it discounted? :)

5. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you mind explaining this? Do you mean that FSC will no longer have these league games, or they won't have the highlights from the matches?

6. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    they won't have the league games. the only reason they will be profitable is because they won't be spending any money on rights fees, and simply be collecting a pittance in ad revenue and the licensing fee they get for Fox Soccer Report.

7. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    so nobody else is having feed issues with their FSC? I have Charter and FSE is on FSC & the regular channel. So I basically have two channels of FSE at present.

8. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's talking about FSW Canada, not FOX Soccer Channel.

9. Hexenmeister

Hexenmeister Member

Aug 9, 2000
    Kearney, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Sorry if this has been discussed already (I didn't want to read all 19 pages of this thread), but how does everyone feel about FSC having full rights to Serie A next season?

As a fan of Italian soccer, I'm excited, but at the same time I hope they don't show solely Milan/Inter/Juve matches. I became a fan of some of the smaller clubs the past couple of seasons since that's pretty much all FSC showed. Now I fear we won't see much of the smaller clubs like Catania.

10. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There will definitely be less options. We have RAI Int. Gol TV and FSC. For the past couple seasons there would sometimes be 3 different Italian matches on at the same time. This obviously will now be impossible.

11. Hexenmeister

Hexenmeister Member

Aug 9, 2000
    Kearney, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    RAI will still show matches, won't they? I believe FSC has the exclusive "English language rights" to Serie A.

12. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. ncfcb

ncfcb New Member

May 29, 2007
    North Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm not too excited about FSC having the exclusive (english) rights to the Serie A. Only 3 matches and then only the big ones? Boring! I really enjoyed watching Catania (when they played in front of their fantastic fans), Torino and Lazio. Oh well.:rolleyes:

14. RedBulls225

RedBulls225 New Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    It's soo annoying when the FSC announcer says "yeeeessss!!!" after a goal. he sounds so stupid and I hate it.

15. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    to each his own, i guess, because I love max bretos's "Yeeeeeeessssss" call. I think it's better than ray hudson's "orgasmic" or that dave guy's "it's in the net, it's in the net, it's in the net"

Nothing beats "gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool" though.

16. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Actually, I would think that FSC showing the "evening" (2:30 pm ET) games live on both Saturday and Sunday would provide a more varied schedule than what has been seen on GOLTV these past couple of years. Since those late Serie A games would conflict with the La Liga schedule, GOLTV would only show them when one of the 'big' teams were playing, and even then, it was often shown on delay. Showing the late game (especially Saturday) game will provide a variety of matchups, similar to the Friday Bundesliga telecast (and I am sure that FSC will not do what annoyed me with GOLTV...they did not show a Friday telecast or two where both clubs playing were in the lower part of the table). I also noticed on FSC's schedule a Saturday late night delayed (not repeat) broadcast of Serie A (which might move to prime time once the MLS season ends). I was surprised to see this, since most games in Serie A occur Sunday 9am (ET), but it looks like they might be showing the Saturday 12pm game on delay (which will never be shown live due to the live EPL game at 12:15 pm). My only question was how consistent the Italian league schedules 12:00 and 2:30 pm (6:00 pm and 8:30 pm locally) games on Saturday.

17. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just from looking at schedules occasionally, it seems they are extremely consistent.

18. silentbob

silentbob Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Maryland
    Club:
    DC United
    Me too, and I never enjoyed it more than after Benny Feilhaber's golazo on Sunday. That said, the Univision announcer going apeshit was also pretty cool.

19. Anteaters FC

Anteaters FC New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Santa Monica
    I prefer "golgolgolgolgolgolgolgolgol...GOLAZO--AZO AZO AZO!"

I know someone that thought he was saying "a**hole".

20. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    nah, there is nothing like a straight continuous "GOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL!!!!!" call.

21. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6461161.html?display=Breaking+News&referral=SUPP&nid=2228

--------------
    David Beckham's Soccer USA To Debut July 25

By Ben Grossman -- Broadcasting & Cable, 7/18/2007 12:14:00 AM

Simon Fuller’s 19 Entertainment and Major League Soccer’s Soccer United Marketing arm are teaming up to produce David Beckham’s Soccer USA, a 30-minute show that will air in the United States and around the world.

The show will debut next Wednesday, July 25, on Fox Soccer Channel, kicking off a 13-episode run. It will also be syndicated worldwide, with initial deals including Channel 5 in the United Kingdom, where it will air in prime time.

Hosted by U.K. television personality Natalie Pinkham, the show will follow Beckham in his first season with Major League Soccer’s Los Angeles Galaxy.
    --------------

22. jammybastard

jammybastard Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Flyoverland
    I have to admit I was disappointed that Max Bretos didn't get the gig.
    :D

23. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    I guess the fact that Natalie Pinkham was Prince Harry's old flame gave her an advantage over Max. :cool:

24. themaestro

themaestro Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Has anyone watched Premier League World on FSC? Is it going to replace the Premier League Preview Show, a new format, or is it something else altogether?

I think it is on Sat. 5:30pm ET

And it also has used clips from Football Mundial.

Are the announcers confirmed for Serie A as being the FSC in house guys?

25. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    most probably :( :D