FSC FANZONE... Chicago vs Columbus

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Saeyddthe, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    Just noticed on the FSC schedule for next week:

Monday (10/10)
    11pm (ET)

FSC FANZONE
    Chicago vs Columbus (D)

Seriously?
    Interesting.
    Already?
    OK
    Seriously...
    Who's doing this???
    Spill 'em...

2. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    the two fellas who are to call the match were just on fox football friday. can't recall their names, but the crew fan seemed a bit more ... how shall i say? ... composed.

3. murtaugh

murtaugh Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I hope the Fire fan isn't a douchebag. That would suck.

4. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    I heard his name is Will. So from my experiences there is a 50/50 chance of douchebagery.

5. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. murtaugh

murtaugh Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    WTF? I mean we have plenty of fine Fire fans who have relocated to Cali, but our fan-announcer rep on national tv is a native Californian...and GALAXY SEASON TICKET HOLDER???? Was Coz not available? Or Mike Segroves?

Oy vey. He'll probably say "Illinoyse" too.

7. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fanzone will be fun to watch if we win and win big. Therefore it will be fun.

If they took someone from Chicago, they'd miss the game today. Noone would want to miss the game, would they?

8. dustbin

dustbin Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Marengo, IL
    I saw FFF this morning - he's a douche.

9. murtaugh

murtaugh Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    All I had to hear was "galaxy season ticket holder" sheesh.

10. RogerinIL

RogerinIL New Member

Feb 24, 1999
    So if the "Fire" fan turns out to be a DB, then we all ought to raise hell with Fox Soccer Channel and the Fox Football Guys for using this fan!!

It's nice to have the fan commented telecasts, but if they do it, they need real team fans not pretenders!!!

I think a Section 8 member and a Columbus North Ender would be great commenting together.

11. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm thinking maybe nobody else volunteered. Did any of you guys? (Just wondering). Plus, the dude's already in California...

12. murtaugh

murtaugh Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Yeah, FSC is probably more to blame than anyone. Cheap bastards couldn't cut back on Max Bretos' hair gel to buy a plane ticket.

Dunno why they need to fly them out to LA anyhow. Chicago and Columbus, it's cheaper to send them here!

13. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    $ 10 says this Will guy is a closet case.

14. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wonder the same thing but the Columbus fan is coming from Charlotte NC, maybe they could only afford one? ;)

15. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    Couldn't they just walk into section 8, tell a guy, I'll give you a free beer if you go broadcast the game, and have the Fire fan.

There are bound to be a few Crew fans at Soldier Field that could be recruited the same way.

16. lemons

lemons Member

United States
    Nov 20, 2004
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Gay. I'd rather have no announcers tonight.

17. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    How the hell was I not contacted for this?

Is there still time for me to storm the studio?

18. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think the match tonight will have regular announcers, the match will be replayed on Monday with the fanzone announcers.

mikey

19. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    I'm holding out hope that maybe these guys are actual fans, and not broadcasting wannabes... This ain't American Idol.

Are they going to accept incoming text messages during the broadcast?

20. Hattrix

Hattrix Member

Sep 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Well, now that I've seen it, that "penalty" that C-bus equalized on was complete crap. Storey dragged his foot and then flopped. That should've been a card for diving. Amazing that the AR was right there and said nothing.

Marsch's goal was fantastic, and the early work between Barrett and Rolfe was fantastic. Justin never showed up for this game, and without Guerrero, we were missing some more flank play.

Despite all that, if this team could just find someone to bang in PKs, we'd have won this game with ease.

By the way, this particular version of Fanzone is pretty weak.

21. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    Yeah, I know what you mean (with regards to both opinions).

I thought we actually played pretty well...
    With the notable exceptions of 'Segarrrlezsss' having his worst game as a Fire player, and Sanneh doing absolutely nothing (and I mean he did not one thing, p.e.r.i.o.d.)...

The purported "Fire Fan" wasn't all that bad, certainly not as bad as I'd feared...just a little forced and stutterry...
    He sometimes came off a little too pre-prepared and cheesey, and he missed a million prime comebacks...

The Cows Fan, on the other hand... HhhhhORReeeBlLE. And I don't mean that as a partisan, just as an observer.
    He was a former college PbP guy, and it made the whole episodic pukefest seem like a tryout for America's Next Broadcast Team... Pathetic display of trying to do PbP with an exaggerated tone... Wasn't the least bit clever, and actually set himself up for some easy come-backs (which 'FireFan' promptly missed)...
    Missed the whole point of "FanZone", IMO...

Overall, I'd say they were pretty much lacking in the knowledge department too, which isn't a pre-requisite, I suppose, but it is certainly annoying hearing "he kicked that one across the field", "How much did you pay the Ref?", "That cross..." (corner kick) or "Plays a through-ball..." (square ball)...

My scores...

FireFan: (6.5) ~ had a few funny moments, but tried too hard to repeat them...repeatedly.

CrewFan: (3.5) ~ Really all around crap... Would have gotten an extra point just for having to start with the Crew to begin with, but they won the damn game!

Where were the stories?
    Where was the obvious comparison bnetween Eric Vasquez and Mr. Heat Miser?
    [​IMG]

22. mouseboy33

mouseboy33 New Member

Dec 24, 2003
    ^^^^
    Have to agree. The Fire guy most likely watched SkySports FanZone before applying to do FSC FanZone. The Columbus guy was complete rubbish and it was glaringly obvious that he was clue-less as to the concept of the broadcast. He was without a doubt doing a Commentator Idol.

23. bridgeviewturd

bridgeviewturd BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 30, 2005
    bridgeview
    Hey for next year.. You guys should vote me in for the Fire announcer.

Most of you think I am an A--hole anyway!! Nothing like sitting me infront of a mike after a couple cocktails.

I would make us proud!! I wouldnt let you guys down.

Let me at em. Ok well Mike Segroves and I then he will be the above brow commentary and I would be the below brow. Clean but below brow.

The turd

24. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    I think I just vomited in my own mouth.

Later,
    COZ

25. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J