News: FSC Breaks Record with Gold Cup Final

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by monster, Jul 30, 2009.

1. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Best Rating Ever For FSC

1 person likes this.
  2. stingbee30

stingbee30 Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Thank you Monster for posting this. I had mentioned in one my earlier post that Fox Soccer channel could get between 100k-250K households, making it one of the highest rated program for them. Good for them.

3. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yeah, I had actually predicted between 0 and 1 million. Good for FSC and GOOD FOR ME!!!!!

4. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    I wonder how many Anglo monolingual people who had the option to watch that channel or Univision for the Gold Cup Final, picked Univision

5. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mexico-Costa Rica got 5.2M
    Mexico-US got 5.4M

I think the number of people who get their panties in a wad about English language commentary and switch to Univision is much smaller than some people here on BS believe. Maybe a few hundred K.

6. tambo

tambo Member

Jun 9, 2007
    There's no way it's even that. It's possibly a few thousand, I would imagine.

7. Sportsfan1

Sportsfan1 Member

Jul 22, 2007
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it comes to 338K viewers....

thats good for that small distribution

8. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    very likely. (but even a few hundred K could be "significant" to FSC -- not that we have any real idea how viewers or how many decide to watch a match that is a available on multiple outlets with different commentators/languages.)

there's also the subset of viewers/homes who don't pay to receive FSC yet can get Univision free OTA (or as part of some pay service that does not include FSC). Univision may get some non-Spanish viewers for their soccer via that situation as well, but it likely isn't that significant a number either. although that group may be larger than the group who just don't appreciate/enjoy the English language commentary and switch to Univision (having both options/channels available to them). either way, I don't think Nielsen has the best methodology and sample for providing the clearest and most accurate info on such a niche subset of what they measure.

9. Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe Member+

Mar 10, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great. We get people to tune in and the teams dumps and epicly huge, steaming turd.

This is still progress, though. Maybe FSC will expand its GC coverage next time.

10. blackhornet

blackhornet Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it woulda been nice for FSC to have made the final available to FSN affiliates. I'm sure some of those not showing baseball would have taken it.