FS+ schedule after EPL season is over?

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by yaz96, Apr 3, 2010.

1. yaz96

yaz96 Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Any ideas what they'll show after the season is over?

2. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Nothing good enough to mantain a subscription...that what they are showing.
    :p

3. blackhornet

blackhornet Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lotsa repeats and filler programming. Maybe Premier Leage TV will be up and running by then

4. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    I would guess it will just copy FSC with the Best of League X, Y, and Z, which really only means re-broadcasts of the past season instead of actually showing the best games from the past. I will dump the station for sure in the summer unless they add content that truly is classic in some way (e.g., complete games from competitions that aired on FSC/Fox Sports World in the past--old UEFA Cup games, Intercontinental games, Gold Cup, etc.), but the chances of this happening are on par with me winning the lotto.

5. Onyewu Power Station

Jul 5, 2009
    Club:
    Everton FC
    bring back the rpl nao.

i really hope fs+ customers rip them a new one.

6. tony1097

tony1097 New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    maybe the Air New Zealand Cup and/or Currie Cup rugby competitions that start in July. Other than that (if that even), it will be just reruns, fox soccer report, and replays of whatever world cup highlight show they put together. Maybe MLS replays that aired on FSC

7. allegrabene

allegrabene New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Alexandria, Va
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'd pay to see rugby and aussie rules

8. huhe888

huhe888 Red Card

Oct 3, 2007
    Premier League TV won't be up until August.

One would suspect that FS+ would want to simulcast Premier League TV, especially during "dead time", in order to keep production cost down to a minimum.

9. tony1097

tony1097 New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Probably wont be Aussie Rules, ESPN has those rights until 2011, they show 2-3 games per week on ESPN3.com (formerly ESPN360).

Maybe they can bring back delayed GAA like Setanta had?

10. Crammers

Crammers Member

Apr 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    maybe I and 1000s others will be dropping this and Fox will deceide that this should be on a Sports Tier.

11. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Don't think Fox gets to make the decision as to what tier the channel ends up on.

12. yaz96

yaz96 Member

Aug 5, 2006
    No, but if the revenue stream of the providers get cut off, they might be more willing to negotiate with Fox.

13. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    I've got it in a digital sports tier here through Time Warner. $4 per month - only on the HD side. Not that I need it, but is Fox Soccer+ doing a non-HD broadcast as well?

200 Big Ten Network
    201 SPEED
    202 Outdoor Channel
    203 ESPNU
    204 ESPN News
    205 ESPN Classic
    206 The Tennis Channel
    207 NBA TV
    208 Fox Sports Digital Atlantic
    209 Fox Sports Digital Central
    210 Fox Sports Digital Pacific
    211 Fox Soccer Channel
    212 CBS College Sports Network
    213 FUEL
    214 NHL Network
    215 GOL TV

1200 Big Ten Network HD
    1202 Outdoor Channel HD
    1203 ESPNU HD
    1204 ESPN News HD
    1206 The Tennis Channel HD
    1207 NBA TV HD
    1211 Fox Soccer Channel HD
    1212 CBS College Sports Network HD
    1214 NHL Network HD
    1216 Fox Soccer Plus HD

14. Cpt_K

Cpt_K Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Do you think the Premier League will come up with their own full form pregame show with live reports from all the grounds and late breaking news for the broadcasters that pick up Premier League TV? If they do a show like that how do you think it will impact American viewers? Would it be something on FS+ or would it be something that FSC would run and in turn canceling the pregame that has Miles and Barton on it? Also what kind of revenue does the paid programs that FSC runs before they air the Premiership Preview Show and the pregame show out of LA bring them on Saturday Mornings? I am an early riser and hated waking up on Saturday and Sunday Morning with no live futbol to watch on the tube because I didn't have Setanta and games/new futbol programming did start till 9am.

15. simont

simont Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If ther was a pregame show i think fsc+ will pick it up as it wood be a grat selling point to win the fans over. i dont think they wood put it on fsc one wood hope that way less Miles and the less of Miles ther is the beter it is for the fans.

16. blackhornet

blackhornet Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't get it. If they can get FREE programming with an ability to do some sort of branding (logo placement and crawls even if not verbal plugs) then I don't see why they'd bother to drag Miles/Barton out of bed every Saturday at 4 or 5. Just flip on the switch at 9 or 8 or whenever and drop in the FSC promos in the commercial breaks and in the ticker or overlay ... you know ... like: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7xX7KcRYjs"]Shovin Buddies[/ame]

17. JoeTerp

JoeTerp Member

Jul 9, 2007
    USA
    hopefully some rugby league. Need my NRL fix

18. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    In the US, a group called America One has a network called World Sports, which shows one NRL match (Saturdays at 9 pm), one Super League rugby match (Thursdays at 7pm), and two EPL matches (Sunday and Tuesday at 9), all on delay per week.

http://www.americaone.com/

They have "affiliates" that show some of these matches...in the NYC area, MSG+ is now showing a Super League match Saturday at 3pm (one week delay) and one EPL game Tuesdays at 6pm (from the previous weekend), but no NRL.

Also, there is no NRL being shown in Great Britain....they left Sky for the higher bid that Setanta offered and we all know what happened there. In the meantime, Sky filled their morning programming with the Super 14 Rugby Union. (and ESPN has Aussie rules football).

19. ovalball

ovalball New Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Beaufort, NC,
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Full broadband rights for Aussie Rules are owned by Telstra and subleased to both aussiesport.tv and omnisport.tv. ESPN obviously also has some limited rights.

Wish I could get ESPN3. :(

20. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, and no. A channel owner (Disney, NewsCorp, etc.) can say "We're more than happy on a sports pack" or "We need to be on a basic digital pack or better."

For example, NHL Network is usually happy to be on a sports pack, so that's where they'll go. Meanwhile, the NFL requests/requires NFL Network to be on more of a basic tier.

21. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Agreed, NFL network had to fight hard to get on a basic tier on Comcast, but they obviously have alot more sway than FSC. I was more taking the point that just because FSC decides they want to move FSC up a tier and slot FS+ into a sports tier, doesn't mean that cable/satellite companies will be of the same opinion and thus comply.

22. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    And the non-hd FS+ showed up on 216 the other day I guess. It's there now.

23. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Part of the NFL's fight had to do with cable companies being unhappy with the NFL over the DirecTV exclusivity of Sunday Ticket.

24. bigtw64

bigtw64 Member+

Aug 16, 2003
    florida
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  25. djpower

djpower Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Victoria, Australia
    actually a deal has just been done with MSK
    http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...ures-new-broadcasting-deal-in-uk/default.aspx

Who is MSK you may ask
    http://mavise.obs.coe.int/channel?id=8675 :eek: