Andrija Novakovich at Calcio Lecco 1912 (Serie B)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by bshredder, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Ray Shoesmith

Ray Shoesmith Member+

Valencia
    United States
    Nov 14, 2021
    Thanks for the clarification. I agree with a lot of what you said. Just said something similar about circumstance and opportunity in the LDLT thread. Mostly related to the Nats, but same concept.
    I think Nova could be on a bottom Serie A team from what I have seen, of course so could a lot of players. He also isn’t the type of talent a Serie A team needs to pay for or needs to scoop up, whether lower level, or newly promoted. He is what he is. No shame in that. He is having a nice Euro career. I do not think he has much of an upside though. Even if he does get to Serie A he just doesn’t have anything that I have seen that will make him make an imprint higher up. My speculation of course. Tessman however has the physical tools to make an impression. TT is also very young, so he has plenty of room to possibly grow of course. My point with LDLT was that yeah, he could be playing with the Nats more, but circumstance (not going to GC, club being almost threatening when he did go on Nats duty, local talent doing fairly well, and LDLT not being a clear standout in a Big 5, or top Eredivise team, with some physical shortcomings) has hurt him. I want him called but won’t take a fit if he isn’t. Like Nova. Yeah, his team wasn’t promoted, he was injured, he could play on a relegation fodder Serie A team IMO, but I see nothing that suggests he would make a huge mark. He cold be there but circumstance and opp have intervened. I still don’t see s lot there that suggests when speed of play and physicality take a step up he can handle it. There have been a ton of scouts and coaches who have had eyes on him, and it seems they see the same thing. Just the way things shake out for some players.

2. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    The trick is not just getting promoted, but getting promoted and not looking lost at the higher level like Julian Green or Tim Ream.

3. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We all know what my aunt would be if she had balls. And let's not sell bats short, they're amazing, unique creatures!

4. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    If our grandmothers had balls we'd all have 4 grandfathers.

We don't

DeCoverley repped this.
  5. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Apart from that COVID thingy . . . :(

6. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Coronaviruses are mammalian viruses par excellence. To one of them, a human, a pangolin, a deer, a tiger or a bat are the same thing. Although bats have one key characteristic: high body temperature in-flight. So when a virus passes through bats, it becomes more resistant to fever in other mammals.

Otherwise, mice are fascinating too. Out of 4,000 genes characterized for mice and humans, "less than 10 are found in one species but not in the other." Reason why mice are such a great lab model for us.

It's fascinating to think that just a few changes in code produce such large changes in appearance. Also, humans too make other mammals sick regularly, so it's not like it's just us getting the rough end of the stick.

7. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Comes in off the bench at the 64th and assists on the game winner in a 0-1 away win at Parma and Buffon.

8. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Novakovich got the start today against a relatively weak Vicenza side. 0-0 late first half.

9. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Subbed on in the 74th today as they tried to make up a 2-1 deficit, but did not.

Winoman repped this.
  11. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Assist today:

12. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Novakovich part of a 56th minute triple sub, trailing 3-0. Wonder if the coach told him to get a hat trick, or told each of the subs to score one. Either tactic would work.

13. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    upload_2022-3-2_13-54-41.png

Enters as part of a double sub in the 60th minute, 0-0. They should have been favored to win this one at home, so some pressure.

14. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    upload_2022-3-2_14-27-6.png

I think this says he almost accidentally scored.

Anyway, they went up 1-0 on an 83rd minute penalty, Novakovich not involved.

Winoman and BostonRed repped this.
  15. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Novakovich subbed on in the 53rd, as they chase an equalizer down 1-0. Still chasing that equalizer.

16. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They caught it. 84th minute leveler, w/ the assist by Andrija.

17. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They found it & he assisted:

18. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    But neither did :p

19. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Novakovich came on in the 43rd minute in a 3-0 victory over Alessandria on Saturday.

Frosinone scored 2 of their 3 goals after his arrival. One he pressured the keeper into a giveaway that his teammate finished off. He was close to scoring himself but the keeper made a diving save on his one-time attempt in close.

The win strengthens their promotional chances some. They are now 3 points inside the promotional playoff zone. And 4-6 pts from the auto promotion spots because teams 2-4 all failed to win. They play all teams ahead of them except 1 the rest of the way. So they could really rise or fall in that time.

You can check out the highlights here if you please:

superdave, jnielsen and Winoman repped this.
  20. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LouisianaViking07/09 and Winoman repped this.
  21. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Second game in a row where he's not even in the squad and there are no reports of injuries. Does anyone know what's going on?

22. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Came on in the 61st trailing 3-2, and eventually scores a penalty in the 96th minute to equalize 4-4. Third goal of the year. Surprised he was the penalty taker, but good on him.

23. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    He has 3 goals and 5 assists, which makes him the fifth most productive player in the team. Not bad.

Winoman and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  24. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada