From a Revs Fan

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by lufty, Nov 1, 2004.

1. lufty

lufty Member

Aug 21, 2000
    Thank Hedjuk for your position this morning. He was guarenteeing you a 2 or 3 goal victory this weekend. The revs got hot at the right time and got very very very lucky last night. Reis Also played out of his skull. I wish you the best of luck next season but around here.... everything seems to be falling into place. Thanx again for being so hospitable.

2. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This will be the first time I bad rep someone. Thanks, buddy.

3. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    reis played out of his skull?

are you kidding me? greg andrulis himself couldve stopped those penalties if he were in net... i give reis absolutly no credit for the saves on the insanely poor excuses for penalties.

4. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That's pretty weak sauce there buddy. If Andrulis hadn't had a cranial hemorrage and sat Buddle, you'd be the one crying in your Wheatie's this morning.

5. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    doesn't solve the fact that the Revs won't win an MLS Cup this year

6. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to come out and post the other way. I am still amazed we pulled this one out. I watched the talent you had on the field, and compared to what we have, and IMHO it's in your favor but I think it's close. But then I saw what you guys had on the bench, and I just can't believe we won the series.

While we had the options of bringing in Andy Dorman (who did play well last night), Brillant, Baker, etc ... you guys were bringing in talent like Cunningham, Szetela, Buddle ... I can see why you guys won the Shield.

Congrats on a very good year. I mean that honestly. You guys did it in 30. Unfortunately this stupid playoff system makes those 30 irrelevant.

7. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bullsh!t. All Reis did was read body language. For some bizarre, masochistic reason I've already watched the DVR of the game, and both Paule and Sanneh walked up hesitantly with their bodies opened wide to the side they were going to. Reis leapt early on both PK's, and he wasn't guessing. He was just doing his job, which was made far too easy by the guys kicking the ball. He had one monster play when Dante rounded him and Reis reached back to pull the ball in. Other than that he wasn't tested once.

8. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Buddle tested him...and he failed.

9. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

You, my not so friend, are a retard.

10. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reis should have gotten a red card on that first pk, IMO

-retard

11. Soulphish

Soulphish Member

Dec 2, 2001
    West Virginia
    my grandmother (she of left side body paralysis) could have stopped those PKs. Hell, I don't think the Sanneh PK would have even made it to the goal line as a legless llama could have hit it with more pace...

12. DRWCrew

DRWCrew Member

Aug 11, 2003
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's good that we have established you're a retard, but you are correct on this one. Not only does your opinion think it should have been a red card, but the laws of the game agree with you as well.

13. ManiacalClown

ManiacalClown Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was a defender in contact on the play. I don't think there could have been much argument had the red been pulled out, but I can see why it wasn't. I defintely would have cautioned, though.

14. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Thanks for the congrats. More relevant than the players on our bench is our coach. Greg, the talent-negator Andrulis. The man who down a goal in an elimination game played a 3-6-1 with the team's top 2 scorers on the bench.

15. Looper121

Looper121 Member

United States
    Jun 19, 2003
    Sec 104
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Shove off dickroaster...

16. sokol

sokol Member

Aug 4, 2004
    I'll offer my opinion as a neutral observer, that while the Crew certainly have only themselves to blame for the lineup and for taking penalties like a 12 year old girls team, and that may be generous, Matt Reis almost just as stupidly gave it back to Columbus. The first penalty he could have been thrown out. Then in the second half, he tried to dribble by I believe it was Buddle, lost the ball, and some Crew player made another 12 year old girlish attempt on goal. They should have tied it right there. Then they should have had a third penalty late in the game when Reis tripped somebody from behind in the box when there was no danger anyway.

And in the last game, he made that dumb play where he put the ball down and picked it back up, then slapped Buddle in the face. The fact that Matt Reis is going to allowed to play next game is a miracle. If he were a field player he wouldn't have finished yesterday's game, and maybe not even started it.

BTW, I have really enjoyed the games I've seen with the crew this year and I will be excited to see them here in Salt Lake next season. I thought they would win MLS cup but I guess if you miss 2 PKs in a game you can't really say you deserve to win.