The living breathing Garra Charrua terrorizing Madrid opponents - The Fede El Grande Valverde Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Hendrix22, Aug 7, 2018.

1. benny_madridista

Real Madrid
    Nov 30, 2020
    Deep Pal repped this.
  2. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Fede was very good today, even as he plays out of position. I am looking forward to the day (2 years from now) when he’s able to play with Camavinga and another DM and be more of the box to box CM that he’s really good at.

Stiliyan and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  3. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Give it a rest i'm sure he'll play in the middle much more next season, today we won

4. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Fede realized from the start that he’ll have to be patient and accepted that happily. A few others never thought of it that way and are gone while he is a champion and on his way to being a fully established star in our midfield.

Michael Owen post match was fighting tooth and nail on the hill of “I think that’s a shot not a pass, I don’t think he’s meant it” was super weird but also totally on brand. Lol

Deep Pal, RMSocrates, PigBenis and 8 others repped this.
  5. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    All of this, the smart ones know they have to bide their time as the older players fade out unless they are once in a lifetime players, but that that time will surely come as long as they are quality players and as you said, patient, see Eder, Fede and now Cama, it's only some fans and pundits who think if they aren't playing game in game out right away that they have failed, there is no logic, as the cliche goes common sense isn't common

6. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Valverde admitted it himself.

Shay Z repped this.
  7. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This guy is immensely likable. Works his socks off, was patient when he needed to be, and did what was requested of him at a high level. His growth has been really cool to see. Hope for many more wonderful moments from Fede.

8. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007

S1na, Deep Pal, Airjao and 15 others repped this.
  9. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Is that a legit quote? I remember Ramos being very very far away. Impossible for Valverde to hear anything he shouted

10. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It was a legendary foul that only adds to Fede's legendary legacy.

11. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    1532324801649553408 is not a valid tweet id

Peep the “best CB in the world”. Lmao what you doing bro???

S1na, Deep Pal, robnycus and 3 others repped this.
  12. ImadEdd

ImadEdd Member+

Real Madrid
    Morocco
    Feb 17, 2019
    Carvajal is the answer. VVD could not engage Valverde and had to cover the zone.

13. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    He's actually anticipating the cross and trying to do as much as he can to disrupt possible passing lanes. He was badly exposed and was trying to cover the possible cut back, forward pass or even a shot. Then Carvajal's run made it even more impossible because he had to make up for that as well.

For me he did well and it takes away from Valverde's amazing pass to make it seem like he was clueless and it was just a simple play made by Fede.

14. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It was an intentional pass, you can clearly notices in the video he sees Vinicius and tries to predict where he will be when he makes contact with the ball. You can pass with a power kick when its needed; you risk inaccuracy but you need the ball to go fast and its useful as a cross from the side because the target is not supposed to control it, just divert it in goal. I have done it while playing football intentionally so is certain that Fede can do it too and did it against Liverpool.

S1na and Deep Pal repped this.
  15. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm pretty sure i watched somewhere Fede said it was an attempted shot, because he was close enough to goal, i no longer care, we won, we are champions

Deep Pal, Raul-7, 4x4s and 1 other person repped this.
  16. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You did and he did say that.

Digital repped this.
  17. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    He looks clueless covering that zone, almost as if he’s falling down . Another CB could have intercepted that shot.
    Humble Valverde admitted he shot on target. Who cares.. he played an awesome game and I am so glad he’s now one of our main players. Whoever scouted him you have my respect - what a player.

18. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Those outside Madrid don't know how good Velverde is.

I think he is what Kovacic was supposed to be for us in a way.

Saeta Rubia, Ahmadi8, Shay Z and 2 others repped this.
  19. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007

20. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Smh... this world was already filled with terrible people before covid but after all that isolation has made people 10 times worse.

saadomar, Ahmadi8, Anon. and 1 other person repped this.
  21. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    WTF? I wonder what drug they used since it didnt show up in the tests?
    It also said Mina "had her things out", I'm not sure if it was translated correctly, hope it doesn't turn into a extortion case later.

22. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Things could mean clothes, jewelry, valuables etc. Why assume the worst because of a translation?

23. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    He (I'm inculded) assume the worst because how much people suck. I wanted to comment the same but just held back...

I really hope they didn't do anything to his fiance.

MaxY repped this.
  24. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007

PigBenis, Digital, sneakking and 7 others repped this.
  25. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Haven't noticed how shit this thread title is. Taking in suggestions for a new, more appropriate thread title.

natenate101 and Deep Pal repped this.