The living breathing Garra Charrua terrorizing Madrid opponents - The Fede El Grande Valverde Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Hendrix22, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hmm, maybe true! Despite that it's almost a given that KCM start against Chelsea.

2. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

3. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I won't believe it until i see it.

4. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I’m scared of any 4 man midfield formations from Ancelotti currently after what he did against Barca.

Raul-7, dooda, Deep Pal and 2 others repped this.
  5. Knedalah

Knedalah Member

Real Madrid
    Israel
    Aug 4, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Fede valverde is the only midfielder that should play 100% of the time when available. all other 4 (case-kroos-luka-cama) should rotate.
    I just don't understand how he's not playing

meringues repped this.
  6. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is so easy. i mean seriously.. easiest decision to start him.

7. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Of course Kroos is the scapegoat!

8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Zidane did the same thing forcing KCM into the lineup and all that did was hurt the team and end up in struggle results, draws or losses.

... of course mouthbreathers put all blame on Zidane; God forbid we focus on the why we need to be so elaborate just to force certain players on the pitch

9. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    One of seven players (along with Benz, Vini, Tibo, Militao, Mendy, and Alaba) who is automatically on the team sheet if available from my perspective.

Nice thing too is that it also makes it easier to pick Modric, who still has the highest ceiling of any of our midfielders but needs someone like Fede next to him at this point IMO.

Knedalah repped this.
  10. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I don't remember us losing a single game Zidane rolled with the 4-5-1 in, in fact he only pulled it out in the big games and we've won all of them but then again unlike Ancelotti he actually wasn't a mess tactically.
    I'm not suggesting we should go with 4 in midfield and i'm especially not suggesting that KMC plays, last thing i want to see but Zidane did much better than Ancelotti with that formation.

11. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    1512002375841722370 is not a valid tweet id

MiamiNative0722 and Vector-SS repped this.
  12. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I feel for him. Because of his athleticism and KCM's lack of athleticism he gets played out of position to help them instead of being a starter in his preferred position like he should be if we are honest

Played RW plenty under Zidane. Played RB against Liverpool.

His versatility is going against him, but i bet he prefers playing wherever that is over not playing at all

Deep Pal and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  13. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    He is great at right midfield. Probably better in the centre of the park but there is more freedom as right midfielder to use his pace.

ahnaf, Deep Pal, Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  14. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    With Uruguay he plays LCM and looks to be his best spot. Unleashes ferocious shots from distance.

15. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yep. As good as he can be as a RM who contributes centrally, he’s undoubtedly his best starting in the middle.

Prior to his recurring niggling injuries starting, in 2019/20 season during his breakout year he had displaced Modric as a starter let’s not forget, a midfield of Kroos, Case, Fede was playing very solid football under Zidane.

16. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I agree that his best position is LCM. He has all the skills there. He has a great temperament too, looks like captain material in the future to me.

The choice is replace Kroos with Fede or replace Asensio/Lucas with Fede. I go with the latter all day, every day.

Next season when we have a right winger we can have the luxury of dropping Kroos and Modric more and playing him and Cama in their best positions.

17. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007

Absolutely. Something we’ve been missing for years. He has a great shot from outside. Try it more often. If nothing else it keeps the opposing DM honest and creates space behind him.

18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He plays LCM for the NT and he looks fantastic there. We haven’t had a midfielder that can hit the ball as well as he can since… Beckham?

19. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sneijder had a pretty good shot too. I feel like we have had a few come over and then stop shooting all together for some reason. Kroos is a good example, used to be lethal and now he will only shoot from distance if it's his trademark pass to the net.

20. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Maybe it’s that, you’re right.

21. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Love this and also what Benzema, Rodrygo posted. Hope we win the CL final.

22. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    There’s a great team spirit in this squad.

MiamiNative0722, Ahmadi8 and ImadEdd repped this.
  23. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    lmao can't believe I thought this guy is a Kroos-Khedira hybrid:ROFLMAO: Hes so much more, but how can you predict his development, he just keeps adding stuff to his game, first the tackles then the runs then the shots then god knows what. In the beginning he was a very timid player. I though I was being not conservative enough in my assessment, turns out I was too conservative

24. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We are an angry team!

25. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Going to be really cool when Fede turns into a Ramos-level club captain.

Shay Z and Umar repped this.